Some of my Digital Re-touch work

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just thought I would share some of my re-touch work.

I think each re-touch artist has their own unique “style†that they bring to each project. If multiple people were to re-touch the same image, you will see that each artist has their vision of what the image should look like.

Re-touching doesn’t always have to be “extreme†in nature. It can range from simple adjustments to complex error corrections and re-styling.

This piece was a lot of fun to work on. Her makeup, styling and shots were all done professionally but she just felt the image lacked something … She explained that they were going for a “60’s glamour look with a mix of modern day pin-up.â€

For my color re-touch I didn’t want to do a vintage pinup look. I wanted to do a girl next door (playboy) look, meets bad girl (hustler).

60’s B&W glamour photos were about stark color contrasts … So with my B&W re-touch I wanted to do something more traditional 60’s. Soft, fragile looking skin, deeper eyes etc.

Before:

ScreenHunter_06Dec141345.jpg

After: Color Re-touch

ScreenHunter_04Dec141344.jpg

After: B&W Re-touch

ScreenHunter_05Dec141345.jpg

In this next piece, I was asked to create an invigorated more youthful version of her. She loved the hair color I picked out for her so much that ended up re-doing her real hair lol.

*** PLEASE NOTE THAT MY WORK IS ON THE LEFT ****

1.jpg

This next piece was interesting because I really loved the before photo … I really love the deep California style tan, and deeper layers. I also spent a lot of time on her eyes both in color and detail.

*** PLEASE NOTE THAT MY WORK IS ON THE LEFT ***

2.jpg

Hope you all enjoy them. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

If you should have any questions feel free to message me on here or on MySpace.

Latest posts

Back