Someone Please Explain Kanye to me?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to be a Kanye fan...he was my fave Hip-Hop Artist. Then he turned into a completely self-absorbed diva. His tantrums and personality have been such a turnoff for me that I won't even listen to his music. I am not denying his talent, but there is something to be said for being Humble. Well said.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif love Kanye... the man has 13 BET awards, 8 Image awards, 6 Grammies. Jesus Walks with Me was a break through song in the rap industry. He's politically outspoken, taking up issues for civil rights on all fronts including homosexualtiy (something that NEVER happens in the Hip Hop world), we all remember his criticism of the president during Katrina.
Before he was a Rapper, though, he was THE producer. Alicia Keyes, Janet Jackson Jermaine Dupri, Mobb Deep, Eminem...

he produced and wrote almost all the big hits of Jay-Z's Blueprint (which could arguably be the best album of Jay-Z's career), including Izzo.

plus, he is a snappy dresser. He brought Izod back fromther dead, AND brought it into the hip hop community.

and that is why Kanye thinks he is shit dont stink...

well said, my sister!

Originally Posted by mac-whore /img/forum/go_quote.gif yeah, he's been around quite a while. anyone that's into hip hop knows who he is, for the most part.. so, i'd say that he's a pretty big deal. he's pretty talented, if you ask me. yeah, he's arrogant.. but, that's hollywood for ya. alot of celebs are arrogant. they're just too arrogant to address it lol.. ...and you, too!

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am Kanye West fan and althought I at times don't understand his diva ways, his music is different than other hip-hop artists. Like someone mentioned, in his songs it isn't about gangstas and hos. He has gone through a lot (he was in a really bad car accident) and I think he just doesn't know when to censor himself. I love his new song Stronger. thank you, my sister!
wake up people and don't kill the messenger! jmho~

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif Who is Kanye West? read all of the above.

I had never heard of Kanye until the Hurricane Katrina fundraiser when he said that "George Bush doesnt care about black people" and Michael Myers had the most priceless expression ever. Every music awards show, he flips out if he doesnt win something. I get tired of him always blaming it on race. He needs to get over himself. No one cares what color he is, artists dont always win awards. I always look forward to what he is going to pull at every music awards show, lol.
eusa_whistle.gif

Back