Something You Don't Know About Me...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I have a few cocktails...I get a lisp. I can pretty much keep it hidden when I talk, but when I am getting my drank on with the friends......FORGET IT!

I've been called Litha ever since I was in high school! Oh and an ex of mine used to call me Lithperella.
kopfkratz.gif

I can sound posh if I try reaaaally hard but it's not my actual accent. My real accent is kind of northern and not one bit posh lol

Like Karren said, I'm an accent chamelion too. I pick up people's accents when I'm talking to them. It's really strange (I do a great welsh accent too
tongue.gif
)

I've mentioned on here how tall I am before but I still think some people might be shocked haha

I often stumble when I talk.

I can NOT multi-task to save my life.

I am terrified of Bees, I know, but when I was little my Dad got stung while we were camping (he's alergic) and his whole head swelled up. It obviously traumatized me
smile.gif

I have never been stung.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well almost everybody says I have no foreign accent when I speak english, and of course I love hearing that lol. In school we learned to pronounce english words the very british way, but after being an exchange student in the US I sounded totally American. I can´t even fake the british accent anymore
I curse a lot. I´m very friendly otherwhise, but I still do it. For some reason over here people do that a lot though, it´s not considered rude or anything. Even though we speak german younger people here still use the english words F*ck and Sh*t very often. Isn´t that weird somehow?

I have been told I look conceited, but I´m soo far from that. And as soon as I start talking it´s clear that I´m not. I guess I look that way to cover up my insecurities. Apparently it works, cause you´d never guess I´m actually very self-conscious about a lot of things.

In your makeup tutorial - I was really surprised at how clear you sound when speaking. I was expecting some Austrian accent like Arnold, lmao. I'm just picturing that right now - hahahaha. "Coooookies?! Who said you can eat my cooookies?!"
I don't picture you as a curser either. It's like, nice little innocent Anders.
biggrin.gif
I cuss a whole lot too. But not as bad as my friends. And you do look a bit conceited... when I first came on the board, I was so intimated to speak to you. But you're completely the opposite. Hearts!

And Rosers, pssh - I wanna hear that voice! It probably won't be like my cousin who is from Melbourne. I've heard Australian accents but hers was just effin' weird. I think it was an exaggerated accent... and plus, she spoke it in Spanish which just grossed me out. Haha!

One more vote to hear Rosie speak AUSTRALIAN lol.

I said that cause it annoys me when Shawn says "C´mon baby, say something in Austrian". As if it was an entire new language. It´s german!

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif In your makeup tutorial - I was really surprised at how clear you sound when speaking. I was expecting some Austrian accent like Arnold, lmao. I'm just picturing that right now - hahahaha. "Coooookies?! Who said you can eat my cooookies?!"
I don't picture you as a curser either. It's like, nice little innocent Anders.
biggrin.gif
I cuss a whole lot too. But not as bad as my friends. And you do look a bit conceited... when I first came on the board, I was so intimated to speak to you. But you're completely the opposite. Hearts!

Aww I´m glad you overcame your "fear" to talk to me
laughing.gif
Not getting the "Cookies" part, I was expecting the old "I´ll be backkkk" line haha. I can´t even fake that Austrian accent Arnold has going on. He´s really horrible, he can´t speak proper German OR English
whistling.gif

haha, so Anders, being a doctor, you might get the chance to tell a patient

"it's NOT A TOOMA" hee hee, it's a shame you can't do the accent :9

I don't think I sound all that australian but my english relatives do. THe more people expect it, the more obvious it becomes. I start saying

maate

and

sheila instead of 'girl'

haha! it's hilarious. Good times.

I've been told I look very sweet... and for the most part I am, but I have quite the temper sometimes.

I joke- a lot. To the point, people question whether I'm serious, or insulting them. Sometimes it's difficult to differentiate what I mean... but once you get to know me, you understand whether or not I'm joking.

I'd like to say I'm very cultured... well, maybe not the most cultured, but I love traveling and I'm very curious about people. So if I ask too many questions, it's not because I'm being nosy- I'm genuinely a curious person! And I love to learn.

And if I don't feel comfortable around you right away, it may take a while for me to warm up to you. I'm judgmental when it comes to whom I speak to but only because I'm a tad insecure.

I'm really short, I'm shy sometimes, or super outgoing, I never know which one. I'm kinda bossy, mostly at work cause I just want people to take things seriously (not like life or death) but not be a crap bag employee...

I do get asked if I'm Asian sometimes, mostly from caucasians, and mexicans think I'm only half mexican/white, probably cause I don't have an accent.

I don't use a lot of facial expressions cause I feel if I do them enough, I'm going to get lines in those places, since my parents faces look older then their age. And then people think I'm in a bad mood all the time. But I rarely am.

Hmm, oh and people who carry me (yeah, a lot of people have carried me, long stories) always say I'm heavier than I look. Lol. I think it's funny.

I could go on...

Lol ROSIE... It's not a TOOMA
rofl.gif

I am an accent chameleon too! But, I have a southern accent or so I am told.

I was once married to a guy who was married to someone else at the same time as me. Obviously I didn't know this and divorced him when I found out.

I can imitate nearly anyone if I have time to be around them. Not just the way they talk but their mannerisms, the way they move their mouth, their body, their face, the way they walk. And it's not like I *mean* to do it. It just kind of happens-- like if I'm repeating something they've said, I'll do it exactly like they would.

I am very animated when I speak. I also gesture quite a bit. I use voice inflection lots when I speak. And I'm continually poking fun at myself or others.

Hugs,

Brandi

The only reason I have long hair is because I am too lazy to get it cut regularl and too lazy in the morning to wake up and do something with it other than put on a headband, put it in a ponytail, or throw it in a bun.

I think it's because I went to too many clubs on weekdays when I was younger, so I needed the extra sleep to get through the day.

I have a fierce obsession with Barbie and Hotwheels- and it's not actually Barbie- it's her clothes and cars and accessories. And it's not just any Hotwheels, it has to be a car that actually exists on the road, and with a paint job I would drive it in. My prized Barbie is the 1980's Cher Bob Mackie Barbie, in the fishnet chaps and leather jacket outfit she wore in that video "If I could Turn Back Time".

I have many favorite Hotwheels, but my most prized is the original Daisy Duke Hotwheels Jeep and the Bandit Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.

I am a Mattel FREAK...

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha, so Anders, being a doctor, you might get the chance to tell a patient
"it's NOT A TOOMA" hee hee, it's a shame you can't do the accent :9

PMSLROFLAMO.... HAHAHAHAHA.
Oh man, that made me tear up.

The cookies is at an Arnold Soundboard to prank people. "Coookies" is his funniest one.

OMG hilarious!!! An Austrian radio station did a similar thing, they called a random person and started playing scenes from Full Metal Jacket as answers, you know that mean drill sergeant that yells at the young soldiers. People got soo pissed off

I think they did it with Arnold in Terminator as well

I might be able to talk like Arnold if I try. If I succeed I´ll post a video, I promise

this is a cool thread..

i feel ya Andi on the people thinking you're conceited... i have had that issue most of my life . or some people say im stuck up or snobby.. its just in person for whatever I am shy, quiet , kinda nervous.. hate it... and also gots lots of insecurities so i break my own back to look as good as possible majority of the time.. and as usual people cant help but instantly assume your a B*OTCH or something... cant a girl just be insecure and shy when she wants and not be downed for it !

i definately have a southern accent... and bf tells me when i get some strong emotion i get into my thuggish mode.... LMAO i talk different , gestures, head,, everything.... LMAO thats me cant help it!

I have a construction workers mouth... i curse pretty much every sentence.. and I LOVE IT. i love how it makes most people think your disrespectfull... hahahahah cuz your not its just words coming out my mouf!

nail biter, play with hair alot, god all kinds of junk!

Well, let's see:

I can talk a lot if i know the person. I'm the kind of people who babbles a lot and gives lots of details when telling a story.

I know a lot about useless culture. I know tons of random facts .

I knit and crochet, both things that are pretty rare among people of my age, specially here.

I'm short
smile.gif

my my my, well on a forum it's kinda hard to hear me speak, but let me say one sentence in english and you KNOW i'm French. blah, so weird, i never stayed enough time in one place to get an accent when i speak french, but i still have one when speaking another language. can't even fake one.

i curse like a sailor, it irritates my mom who thinks i'm not girly enough.
laughing.gif

i have a very girly, teenager voice. pisses me off, especially when you're on the phone and people don't take you seriously.
pedro.gif

Originally Posted by ivette /img/forum/go_quote.gif i would have to say my goofy/silly sense of humor Everyone tells me I have that kind of sense of humor also. They're wrong
wink3.gif

You can ALWAYS read my face. A poker face is impossible for me to do, and sometimes this gets me into trouble!!!

i have a very deep voice and have to really work at not sounding like a man.

i cuss like a sailor. i have to be careful because sometimes things slip out at the wrong time. very embarrassing.

i have a bit of ocd. i need to have things lined up and parallel. i have this weird thing about balance and order.

i like to be tucked in a night. my sheets are tucked so tight that i have to have my feet to the side. this is difficult because i sleep on my back! lol~

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif (BTW, Jen... I hope this Bay Area MUT meet up happens
wink.gif
Make it work, girl.)
What? What? I want in!
smile.gif
Especially since I moved here
smile.gif

Back