(SPOILERS) Birchbox: December 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I complained on their FB wall and was told one perfume is for me and one for the man in my life. LOL Right now I'm not on speaking terms with my husband. (I got mad at him the other night for moving my lamp to the other side of the room and so the room looks darker than with the lamp in the spot I had it. His reasoning for moving the lamp was because the recliner was in the way for the Xbox Kinect so he had to move the recliner which resulted in the lamp being moved. I said put my things back where I had it because the recliner is too close to the fireplace - like you can be sitting in it and stick you hand in the fireplace close - and the room is too dark. I said, "if there's no room for the Kinect then move the tv set and the Kinect!" Needless to say I haven't spoken to him in two days. LOL He put my lamp and recliner back though but he still needs to apologize for yelling at me AND buy me a gift... I prefer a Sephora gift card right now AND a new recliner since there's now a melted mark on the recliner from being too close to the fireplace. Stupid man. LOL)
Hilarious story - yes, I would not be giving him a perfume sample for ruining your recliner either! 

By the way, have people found that Birchbox is responsive when you complain? I think they must really need work on how they pair up their customers to their boxes because there hasn't been a single product that has shown up in my boxes that I've actually wanted to purchase. If I purchase something from them, it's because I've heard good things about it elsewhere, but not because they've introduced me to the product in the boxes they've sent me. 

Hello everyone. I received my box today and got number 21. I'm so tired of the perfume fillers, especially when they only put 5 products in the box (or 4 actually since the extras don't count?). Not to mention how bad the sample smells. What a disappointment for December's box. I am glad I got the Mary-Lou Manizer though because I already have a full size of Hot Mama. I'll try out the CC cream this weeknd and see how it is.   

Originally Posted by Ismene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hilarious story - yes, I would not be giving him a perfume sample for ruining your recliner either! 

By the way, have people found that Birchbox is responsive when you complain? I think they must really need work on how they pair up their customers to their boxes because there hasn't been a single product that has shown up in my boxes that I've actually wanted to purchase. If I purchase something from them, it's because I've heard good things about it elsewhere, but not because they've introduced me to the product in the boxes they've sent me. 
if you don't like the contents of your box, then they'll say email the [email protected] account or facebook them privately while leaving a "sorry i'm not sorry" type of response. if you like something about bb, they may like your post and that's it...

Oh my gosh, I also got that men's cologne last month and was PO'd! What the heck? They have their own box. Just wow. 

Anybody else not able to review the little foil lotion packet that came with Box #3? It's not in the picture but it's in my box and listed as the Beauty Extra on the card. Only problem is it's not showing up on the box page on my Bb account. I am going to call Bb tomorrow. I want to review it, darn it. I hate foil packets.

Originally Posted by Ismene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I complained on their FB wall and was told one perfume is for me and one for the man in my life. LOL Right now I'm not on speaking terms with my husband. (I got mad at him the other night for moving my lamp to the other side of the room and so the room looks darker than with the lamp in the spot I had it. His reasoning for moving the lamp was because the recliner was in the way for the Xbox Kinect so he had to move the recliner which resulted in the lamp being moved. I said put my things back where I had it because the recliner is too close to the fireplace - like you can be sitting in it and stick you hand in the fireplace close - and the room is too dark. I said, "if there's no room for the Kinect then move the tv set and the Kinect!" Needless to say I haven't spoken to him in two days. LOL He put my lamp and recliner back though but he still needs to apologize for yelling at me AND buy me a gift... I prefer a Sephora gift card right now AND a new recliner since there's now a melted mark on the recliner from being too close to the fireplace. Stupid man. LOL)

LOL Well I finally broke my silence and spoke to him today.

Haven't heard back from Birchbox yet other than they're going to work on implementing a way to opt out of perfumes and food samples.

I bet they'll send twist bands to whoever opts out of food or perfume hahaha

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh ok. i never heard of the nuxe before and how do you feel about getting a man's cologne?
I'm ok with it; I'll just share it with a man. 
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Kaylay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HA! Touché, Kaylay! 

The perfume I really don't mind, but the food bothers me. Two months in, two food items. Diabetic=can't eat this stuff (or I can but don't wanna inject myself more often than needed lol)

Super disappointed! This is my first Birchbox and I'm getting 22. Juicy smells terrible on me, I never use nail files, and I'm very meh about the shampoo and skincare samples. I am excited about the manizer balm though, at least it's not lipgloss. My glambag was awesome though so that'll have to tide me over until January. Already thinking about cancelling my subscription :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by kallatiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Super disappointed! This is my first Birchbox and I'm getting 22. Juicy smells terrible on me, I never use nail files, and I'm very meh about the shampoo and skincare samples. I am excited about the manizer balm though, at least it's not lipgloss. My glambag was awesome though so that'll have to tide me over until January. Already thinking about cancelling my subscription :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah, this is the first box on my second account that I just opened this month.  I'm looking forward to everything but the perfume.  I'm making an "intro to beauty products" bag for a friend with samples that I don't want and it will be in there.

Originally Posted by Kaylay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh!  That would be funny.  I'll take stinky perfume over cheap elastic scraps with a knot tied in them any day.

I got box 1, and I think it may be my favorite of all this month's boxes.  I'd love to also try the Nick Chavez® Beverly Hills Advanced Volume Shampoo with Expansion Technolog, but I'm very happy with what I got. 

I can't scroll back to find it but THANK YOU SO MUCH to all of you girls that suggested the organic African black soap when I posted a question about breakouts. It has worked so well for me I am amazed! So cheap too! I am super excited about having a normal face on holiday pictures this year! :]

I can't scroll back to find it but THANK YOU SO MUCH to all of you girls that suggested the organic African black soap when I posted a question about breakouts. It has worked so well for me I am amazed! So cheap too! I am super excited about having a normal face on holiday pictures this year! :]
The African black soap has literally been life changing for me... its amazing!

Back