(SPOILERS) Birchbox January 2013: The boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the box that is showing up for me. I can't for the life of me find which box it is..I don't think it is on the box list (1-34)! It has been like this since the 10th..

Don't know what box# this is, but this is what I'm getting: 

theBalm® Cosmetics Put a Lid On It™

Frownies® Eye Gels

Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy (I've received 2 of these already, could do without a 3rd!)

Frownies® Rose Water Hydrator Spray

Myâ„¢ Multi-Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer

I'm getting box #1, after 18(?) boxes since I first subbed I'm done with birchbox and all the other subscription companies. It was a fun idea for a while but the quality of all of them has gone way down.

The last thing I got really excited about was the eyeko liner, and I got that so long ago it's completely gone now. EDIT:  I got the eyeko liner in JUNE, they're still giving it out?

I use to stay because even if the samples were tiny I would get the points, but looking through the store there really isn't anything that particularly excites me.

I'm getting box 24.  Seems like I've seen half of these items already.  Excited about the color shampoo, but really another Juicy perfume?  Also, I have enough body creams to last over a lifetime.  I'm new here, so I don't know how the trading works.  Is there an easy way to go about trading items?

I just took a good look at all of the box pics. It seems to me that Birchbox REALLY evened out the boxes this month. While people may or may not be happy with their products, at least the boxes seem equitable. 

34/34 boxes have a perfume sample

34/34 boxes have a makeup product

34/34 boxes have a skin care item

31/34 boxes have some sort of hair care

32/34 boxes have 5 products, and 2 have six

Which means they ARE listening to their members which is good. Now if they ditch the food and perfume boxes for those with allergies and sensitivities.

Any news on what is in the January welcome boxes?  I going to go ahead and guess that

a twistaband and a tili bag are a given :)

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any news on what is in the January welcome boxes?  I going to go ahead and guess that

a twistaband and a tili bag are a given :)
those were the first two things i scanned the boxes for lol.... thinking it might be box 33 with the only food item in it??

Originally Posted by bwgraham /img/forum/go_quote.gif

those were the first two things i scanned the boxes for lol.... thinking it might be box 33 with the only food item in it??
HA! :)

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just took a good look at all of the box pics. It seems to me that Birchbox REALLY evened out the boxes this month. While people may or may not be happy with their products, at least the boxes seem equitable. 

34/34 boxes have a perfume sample

34/34 boxes have a makeup product

34/34 boxes have a skin care item

31/34 boxes have some sort of hair care

32/34 boxes have 5 products, and 2 have six
Nice!

Ok, so I just recently joined BB, and am getting my first box this month.  How can you ladies tell which box you are getting?

Julie, log in your account and click on BOX at the top of the page on the left, under WOMEN. It will show you what you're getting. You review the products to receive 10 points.

Ugh. I got box number 6. After a year only two pitiful little Color Club mini polishes while everyone else gets Zoya and now this new one. This box brings me to 200 points so I think I need to cash in cancel.

Edited to fix correct box number.

Thanks Belle, I get it now.  Box 6, which actually really works for me, and matches up with what I was hoping to get.

You're very welcome!

I actually got box 6 and while I like it I'm just very disappointed (again) that I didn't get a polish box. Polish is the only thing I have listed on my profile so I keep hoping they'll send one.  

Hi there, I'm new, and I am still confussed as to where it says what box I'm getting.  My box was shipped today.  When I click on box, the 5 items that it shows, is that what I'm getting and I just have to look and figure out what number it is?

If thats the case, I'm getting:

*Hot Mama shadow/blush

*number 4 clarifying shampoo

*Lashhem lash gel serum (I'm pretty stoked about this)

*Skinny Chic

*fresh lotus face cream

does that sound right?

Back