(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Umm..How are we suppose to buy things on the mobile app when they haven't even launched the mobile store yet??

It looks like you can buy things from the recommendations and if you have things added to your account cart you can check out on the app.  But I totally see your point.

Okay, is it just the Birchbox website is not working with my phone today, or are all Shea Terra and Caudalie products out of stock? Also, the Color Club Wanderlust set? None of the items I've looked at today have an Add to Cart Button. Is anyone else having this problem?
the shea terra items i clicked on are available, african black soap bar and black soap pore cleanser wanderlust collection is still available the first 3 Caudalie items i clicked on were available sounds like it might be a browser problem.

Okay, is it just the Birchbox website is not working with my phone today, or are all Shea Terra and Caudalie products out of stock? Also, the Color Club Wanderlust set? None of the items I've looked at today have an Add to Cart Button. Is anyone else having this problem?
the shea terra items i clicked on are available, african black soap bar and black soap pore cleanser wanderlust collection is still available the first 3 Caudalie items i clicked on were available sounds like it might be a browser problem.
Shea Terra is in stock, Caudalie is all in stock except http://www.birchbox.com/shop/caudalie-sos-serum. Wanderlust is in stock. http://www.birchbox.com/shop/color-club-wanderlust-collection
Ah, bummer. I've been playing with my cart for weeks and never had a problem. Just did an order about 10 days ago. I wonder if the latest update changed the browser so it's not fully compatible with the Bb website or something.

It looks like you can buy things from the recommendations and if you have things added to your account cart you can check out on the app.  But I totally see your point.
The code works on a desktop too though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just used it last night.

Quote: Originally Posted by Snolili /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For those who got the Staniac, what do you think about it? I found it uneven and didn't like the color, but I also could be doing something wrong. I'm not very adept when it comes to makeup. 

I don't like it on my cheeks, but for my lips its awesome. Way nicer than benetint, and I love the color beauty queen.

I top it with gloss (usually clear lipfusion XL), though I tried it with the POP beauty aqua lacquer (which I love too.. i like super thick glosses, what can I say?) i got in my BB this month and it was REALLY pretty. The color from Stainiac lasts longgg after the gloss is gone.

Keep in mind it is a stain, so its not meant to be super precise or give any kind of opaque color.

just got my hands on a stainiac via a trade. did anyone feel like it was sticky? my lips have that kinda weird sticky/tacky feeling!

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Erm...I don't actually work out per-se.

I mean, in my mind I do.

What?

I weight lift- I lift the bottle of wine/beer and pour it into a glass.. I of course repeat this process once or twice a night, and then much more frequently lifting the glass to my lips.  I work out 7 times a week this way!  You should see my guns! 
wink.gif

rofl2.gif

Did anyone else who ordered the Gimme Brow get this email?

I feel like if you're offering 50 bonus points on an item that's been sold out pretty much everywhere (at least it has been near me!) should result in forseen inventory issues.

But I'm also just being pouty/#firstworldproblems-y because I was hoping to have it in time for my birthday celebration this weekend!

ETA: Sorry, I realize I am whining about this WAY more than the situation calls for! I'm just bummed. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by basementsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel like if you're offering 50 bonus points on an item that's been sold out pretty much everywhere (at least it has been near me!) should result in forseen inventory issues.

But I'm also just being pouty/#firstworldproblems-y because I was hoping to have it in time for my birthday celebration this weekend!

ETA: Sorry, I realize I am being whining about this WAY more than the situation calls for! I'm just bummed. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh no!!!  I've been waiting all week to place my order for this and just did this morning (with free shipping, 50 bonus points, a free Bad Gal Lash & -$10 from points -- $12 total, WOO!) but haven't gotten that e-mail yet... I hope they get them back in stock soon!!!

ETA: Sorry, I realize I am being whining about this WAY more than the situation calls for! I'm just bummed. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh no!! I just ordered last night, and I haven't received that email.  I did get an email saying my order shipped, but I had ordered more than just the Gimme Brow.  When did you order?

Also, did you guys get the 50 extra points right away? I didn't see them, so I sent CS an email.

Quote: Originally Posted by samvanz12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh no!! I just ordered last night, and I haven't received that email.  I did get an email saying my order shipped, but I had ordered more than just the Gimme Brow.  When did you order?

Also, did you guys get the 50 extra points right away? I didn't see them, so I sent CS an email.
I got my points right away @samvanz12 .  As an aside, I really can't believe how awesome BB is with their point system.  I'm planning on getting a FS Stainiac for $7 shipped (hopefully!) after next month's reviews :)

Quote: Originally Posted by samvanz12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did get the 50 points right away.

In case anyone is wondering, I did not get any points for the delay on this product. I'm not surprised about that though. I got this email within ~30 hours of placing my order, and BB's policy is to ship within 1-2 days so I feel like they covered their butt here.

I'm really bummed out that the little dryer is gone. I was trying to figure out what to get to get it for free! Gosh darn it!

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm really curious for those who've seen the bottle for the ddf wrinkle resist plus pore minimizer serum. How exactly does the bottle work? I think I've seen other moisturizers and serums out there with similar bottles. It has that whirly color thingie in the middle. I thought that was the entire product but after a few uses, I'm starting to see some air bubbles in the clear area of the bottle. There seems to be more to the product than i previously thought.

I did get the 50 points right away.

In case anyone is wondering, I did not get any points for the delay on this product. I'm not surprised about that though. I got this email within ~30 hours of placing my order, and BB's policy is to ship within 1-2 days so I feel like they covered their butt here.
I'm so glad you guys are asking about the extra points because I forgot to check until just now!  I ordered the Gimme in Med/Dark on 10/15, and didn't get the extra points.  My order total was $98 and I only got 98 points.  Just sent an email to CS. 

Quote: Originally Posted by MUfiend /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love your new pic!
Thank you!

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm really curious for those who've seen the bottle for the ddf wrinkle resist plus pore minimizer serum. How exactly does the bottle work? I think I've seen other moisturizers and serums out there with similar bottles. It has that whirly color thingie in the middle. I thought that was the entire product but after a few uses, I'm starting to see some air bubbles in the clear area of the bottle. There seems to be more to the product than i previously thought.
As you pump it out, the two " layers" for lack of a better term mix together.

ETA: Sorry, I realize I am whining about this WAY more than the situation calls for! I'm just bummed. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't know if this helps but....

I get my brows done at a benefit bar.  My tech actually recommended the lighter color for me, more of a neutral since I don't really need the color. I have very dark down hair/brows.

And hey, if you tried the light and didn't like it...send it back!

Quote: Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  A little OT but my kitty Mr. Dribbles stole my Birchbox as soon as it got here...guess he has good taste
smilehappyyes.gif

So cute!

Latest posts

Back