*Spoilers FabFitFun Winter 2013 box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I love socks and undies but it will be a cold day in hell before I spend 20 on a pair of undies or 10 on a pair of socks...BUT I am excited to try them, nonetheless :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

it's good that they were actually free and therefore added good value to the box. It's also nice that they picked a company with options for women who don't wear sizes in their range, bc they have really cute socks.

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it's good that they were actually free and therefore added good value to the box. It's also nice that they picked a company with options for women who don't wear sizes in their range, bc they have really cute socks.
Yup agree! I think it was a great value-added, especially since there was not even a shipping cost to us.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah, I love socks and undies but it will be a cold day in hell before I spend 20 on a pair of undies or 10 on a pair of socks...BUT I am excited to try them, nonetheless :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hah exactly. last time i bought socks, it was a pack of socks for $10. When I buy fun, decorative socks I usually get them at Walmart or Target for two bucks.

bahaha exactly! I even still went boring with the meundies order and got a black thong, so we'll see!! 

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i ordered a pair of socks and undies and paid $4. I love that they have free shipping, but not sure whether I would pay $16 for a pair of underwear going forward.

Mine should be here soon!
How did you get a coupon code and the FFF box code to stick?  When I add the FFF code it deleted another promotion I added :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by kristab94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How did you get a coupon code and the FFF box code to stick?  When I add the FFF code it deleted another promotion I added :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I didn't. I just did the $20 underwear and the $10 socks, then clicked the box to get 20% off if it's on re-occuring shipment and then I have until February to decide if I want to cancel it or not. 

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I didn't. I just did the $20 underwear and the $10 socks, then clicked the box to get 20% off if it's on re-occuring shipment and then I have until February to decide if I want to cancel it or not. 
Ah, ok.  Thanks!

So, I ordered 2 pairs of socks - order total $20 - $20 credit it showed total for order as $0.  Now seeing a charge of $1.80 on my credit card.  Not cool.  I know it's only $1.80, but how can they charge me for $0 total?  Seems wrong. 

Quote: Originally Posted by kristab94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, I ordered 2 pairs of socks - order total $20 - $20 credit it showed total for order as $0.  Now seeing a charge of $1.80 on my credit card.  Not cool.  I know it's only $1.80, but how can they charge me for $0 total?  Seems wrong. 

Mine did the same thing. Said total was $0 but then there was a line below that indicated tax. $1.80 would be 9% tax.

Mine did the same thing. Said total was $0 but then there was a line below that indicated tax. $1.80 would be 9% tax.
I was about to say the same. There was tax on my order.

I don't know about anyone else, but they didn't send any free gift for sharing on Twitter like it said they would. I just got the underwear and that's it. I emailed them about it and they gave me $3 credit towards next purchase lol. Definitely not ever using that.

Apparently there was some kind of screw up with UPS and my box was damaged and returned. FFF claims they didn't know until they looked at the account.  They're refunding me for this box and issuing a $10 credit for the next, but I would have liked this one. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by dawn767 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't know about anyone else, but they didn't send any free gift for sharing on Twitter like it said they would. I just got the underwear and that's it. I emailed them about it and they gave me $3 credit towards next purchase lol. Definitely not ever using that.
well that's annoying! 

I got my socks!

They're cute. Nice fabric. Would definitely not pay $10 a piece for them, but they're nice.

The only "free gift" I got was a card for $5 off an order of $35 or more to give to a friend for their first order...lame. "Your reward for promoting us is...to promote us again!" lol.

I got my socks!

They're cute. Nice fabric. Would definitely not pay $10 a piece for them, but they're nice.

The only "free gift" I got was a card for $5 off an order of $35 or more to give to a friend for their first order...lame. "Your reward for promoting us is...to promote us again!" lol.
hahah, that's ridiculous! whatever we shared the first time was like 20% off a purchase or something if your friend/your other email address clicked on it. 

they could have at least thrown in like hair ties or something lol

So I guess my undies sold out due to high demand. Kinda sad because I actually thought they would be in my mailbox by now instead of getting an email they're sold out. They were nice though and gave me a credit to pick out a different pair or save the credit until they restock. I ended up ordering the January pair of the month (camo). My socks should be here any day now but I guess it'll be another few weeks for the undies.

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my socks!

hahah, that's ridiculous! whatever we shared the first time was like 20% off a purchase or something if your friend/your other email address clicked on it. 

they could have at least thrown in like hair ties or something lol

Right, a free gift wasn't necessary, obviously, but they shouldn't say "share this and get a free gift" if they aren't going to send anything but a "discount" for a friend, lol...not a big deal, just kind of funny. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Looks like we got duped y'all! Oh well, free gifts aren't a requirement, like @yousoldtheworld said. But they shouldn't advertise one if it's not actually something tangible/something WE could use personally lol. 

The undies look comfy tho :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@Dayo Steph , ugh that is soo awful! I wish they could have done more than just $10 credit :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Apparently there was some kind of screw up with UPS and my box was damaged and returned. FFF claims they didn't know until they looked at the account.  They're refunding me for this box and issuing a $10 credit for the next, but I would have liked this one. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh no :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have a few items from my box that I don't really want. If you're interested you can have them.  I have the Lorna Jane bracelet, the Simple cleanser and the Nyx eyeshadow (I gifted the ear buds, traded the lip gloss and kept the necklace and eye cream.) They're on my trade list. 

Back