(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I switched to customization as well. Taking it girl, but swapping phia for bergen. And the o2 duo as addon. Using jules for the box. Now, I only wonder if they will still take the $60 this month or wait till I actually pay for a box. I'm guessing it'll be right away ...

Really dont like all the purples ... but love bergen (hope it's more grey than blue) and savoy is for once a gold I like. And I love the stardust finish on any color.

GIRLS, I'm REALLY EXCITED for this month! More than I should be really. Thank God I'm a broke as hell college student because if I had it my way, I'd flat out upgrade. I'll stick with my usual It Girl profile. I could pass on the topcoat add ons, both Oxygen & Katerina. I have so many special topcoats that I don't get around to using as much as I want to anyway, & I have a ridge filler & nail strengthener combo that I can't sacrifice right now.

The only dupe I would have if I did upgrade would be Harlow [Ciate Oil Slick]. But honestly that weird duochrome color is something every polish brand should have, much like how every polish brand has a color like Blakely.

Oh & yay for using more than 1 hand model this time!

Okay, thanks for confirming double points, everyone... not sure why I thought it was triple, because that definitely seemed high. I checked the math in my account, it looks good, but I could still swear I had more Jules than that. Either my total last month was glitchy or I'm going crazy... hopefully the former!

People who switched to My Maven: Exactly what color options do you have, if you want to switch polishes? Is it only the polishes from this month? Is Katarina included?

It's only the current polishes & product and a bunch of lip glosses. Also hand cream, cuticle oil, nail polish remover, buffer blocks. Katarina is not included .. nor any of the add-on polishes or the O2 top coat. That's what I had been hoping for .. that I could just take 1 polish plus the base & top coat. Not possible.

So just current polishes, products and a limited selection of older products.

(not sure what the options are if you start out with Core Classic as I'm not given either of those products as swap in option even if I start with just 1 nail polish). Though they told me that Core Classic is given double Jules ...

As of right now, I'm going with the Ultimate Upgrade.  I may change my mind because I'm less than enthused about Natalia, Harlow, Bergen, and Savoy.  I just can't decide right now.  I'll have to think some more about it.

As of right now, I'm going with the Ultimate Upgrade.  I may change my mind because I'm less than enthused about Natalia, Harlow, Bergen, and Savoy.  I just can't decide right now.  I'll have to think some more about it.
Funny those are the colors I like the most!   I have no idea yet what I am doing this month...thank goodness I have 3 more days to decide!

again, pretty new.  If I did the ultimate upgrade, can I use jewels?  if so, how many would that be?  I know if I did the items as add-ons, I could use jewels.  just trying to figure out the best deal (using jewels as well). Thanks everyone!

I am loving the collection this month! Nice to see that Julep did indeed give us something different, like we were all hoping for.  I of course, am having my usual dilemma where I like a good majority of the polishes but like 3 or 4 are stopping me from doing the upgrade.  Also the fact that I just need to stop upgrading b/c my Julep collection is getting out of hand! 

Right now, I'm sticking with the Bombshell box because PURPLE.....although Sera isn't looking super purple to me, does it look like that to others? 

The Bombshell box (my default) was PERFECT this month, but I have literally ZERO self control with Julep and got the Polish Lovers Upgrade.

Interesting....   I opt-in to My Haven 3-mths prepaid b/c I wanted Bergen and Harlow!  Those were the only 2 polishes I liked... everything else was just too shiny and in your face for my taste...  

Nice that everyone has different taste so we all get what we like!

Does anyone have a link for this months swatches? For some reason I am not finding them on the website. 

FYI, for anyone skipping, my skip confirmation email took about 4 hours to go through.  I saw a few other people posting about a delay also. 

FYI, for anyone skipping, my skip confirmation email took about 4 hours to go through.  I saw a few other people posting about a delay also. 
I think this is true with regular confirmations too. I haven't received my confirmation email yet and it's been a couple hours.

Edit... speak of the devil - it just showed up. So there's definitely an email delay going on on their part.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've changed my mind a bunch of times already this morning, and received all my confirmation emails at the same time about half an hour ago.

.. nor any of the add-on polishes or the O2 top coat. That's what I had been hoping for .. that I could just take 1 polish plus the base & top coat. Not possible.
That was my hope as well.

Once I realized I was going to be forking over another $9.99 to get the top coat - because they purposely paired the Base coat with the Oxygen treatment plus MORE buffers rather than Top and Base together in one option - I clicked "Skip" and went right over and upgraded my Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag from Mini to Large for June.  RH may not be customizable, but the value is infinitely more.  I need another Oxygen Nail Treatment and drawer full of buffers about as much as I need 'the look' from my husband for another $30+ box.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm torn this month...not sure I like anything enough to not just cancel.  But I do have enough Jules to do a free add-on, which is a plus.  Will have to think about this!

Latest posts

Back