(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one who doesn't care what season certain colors are 'appropriate' for? I just wear whatever I want whenever I want :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Nope! I thumb my nose at being "season appropriate", whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. I like to live outside of the box, it's much roomier out here and I get claustrophobic in confined spaces, real or perceived.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Looks like they listened and used different hand models. Or did a nicer job photo shopping where I can't tell they are fake :p. Either way I'm pleased! And tempted to upgrade. So far I'm at upgrade +katerina, but I had made a plan last month to sit it out since I have so much polish and wanted to see how the changes rolled out. I potentially love the finishes, I hope they dry properly! That's something I didn't know could be a problem before April's box.

Polish Lover upgrade for me. Again. Julep is really in tune with my tastes this year! I have upgraded every month with the exception of March which I skipped altogether. 

julep june 2014.png

super annoyed - i switched to My Maven (the wording made it sound like to be I could view what was/how it'd look) thinking I'd be able to go back....not the case.  I know once you opt in, you can't opt out - but I didn't realize I was opting-in!  whatever....even with customization I still can't get the box I want without add-ons.  SKIP

I actually got a box with an add on!  That way I will have over 2000 jules, save it for a free box and then close my account.  I do love these colors

My Current Maven Order - Julep 2014-05-20 10-10-10.png

I actually got a box with an add on!  That way I will have over 2000 jules, save it for a free box and then close my account.  I do love these colors
FYI you won't get jules for the addon. You might already know that, but a lot of people don't and end up disappointed so I just wanted to let you know.

Yeah, I like a bunch of these colors but 1) not sure they'd look good on me 2) worried about how opaque they are in real life and 3) photoshopped to hell and back. bleh. Waiting for a sale XD

super annoyed - i switched to My Maven (the wording made it sound like to be I could view what was/how it'd look) thinking I'd be able to go back....not the case.  I know once you opt in, you can't opt out - but I didn't realize I was opting-in!  whatever....even with customization I still can't get the box I want without add-ons.  SKIP
What's the box that you want/wish you could get?

I went with It Girl plus Harlow and was able to cash in all but 50 of my Jules.  I still haven't heard back from CS about my VERY late and incorrect May box, so this is the end of me and Julep.

Say, has anyone ever had an issue with missing Jules? I could swear I had 1700 Jules last month, and was looking forward to a free box this month. When I signed in to look at this month's boxes, I had 1500 Jules. Womp womp. Unfortunately, I have no way to prove that my Jules are missing.

I also could have sworn that last month was a triple points month, but when I looked at my account, they only gave me double points. Of course, I didn't keep the email that said it would be triple points for May. Maybe I'm going insane?

I skipped this month. I actually really like most of the colors they are just too similar to what I already have. I hope Julep keeps releasing fun finishes! 

Also...there used to be a tiny button hidden somewhere that showed you zoomed in swatches? Is that still there somewhere or is it gone? I think it was on the "Maven Landing Page" but I've looked there and the blog and can't find it.  I loved looking through the gallery of swatches they had instead of having to click on every picture separately. 

Nothing is really grabbing me and I'm on polish overload, so I'm skipping this month.  I bought these 6 polishes last month for $17.98 with the $10 off $20 code, so they will have to tide me over.

Julep polishes May sale code.jpg

Say, has anyone ever had an issue with missing Jules? I could swear I had 1700 Jules last month, and was looking forward to a free box this month. When I signed in to look at this month's boxes, I had 1500 Jules. Womp womp. Unfortunately, I have no way to prove that my Jules are missing.

I also could have sworn that last month was a triple points month, but when I looked at my account, they only gave me double points. Of course, I didn't keep the email that said it would be triple points for May. Maybe I'm going insane?
Last month was double points.

I feel like a majority of the appeal of Julep is that there's just "new" stuff every month. A lot of the collections are repeats of colors they have / are similar or can be easily duped by other companies. But alas, we all fall for the newness factor...........

You can see all of your Jules history if you want to check the math. 

Am I the only one who doesn't care what season certain colors are 'appropriate' for? I just wear whatever I want whenever I want :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
THANK YOU. For a while I thought I was the only crazy 1 who didn't go by seasons!

I upgraded to the My Maven 3-Month prepaid plan once I was assured that my monthly skip privileges would not change. (I subscribed to Julep last summer.) For my box, I chose Sera, Ariana, and Phia-the three polishes I liked. I was surprised to see Rock Star Hand Cream and the Julep nail polish remover pump as potential swap options. However, I just wanted polishes this month, though!
Let us know how that goes! I'm curious about how the 3 month plan will fare down the road.

My best advice is to tell CS about it, though I understand why nobody would want to. Especially after they sent a certain someone's May box 3 weeks late & have yet to send out other people's. (Sorry, still bitter about that.)

I can assure you however that last month was doubled Jules for taking a box, not tripled.

Since I'm a sucker for All The Purple Things and kinda curious about the base coat, I went with Bombshell, even though I just want Jennine, because the Stardusts are something Julep seems to do right. So I added Jennine, more Plie brushes and the cleanup tool, which if it bombs as a nail tool, will be perfect as a model making tool.

This cleans out my current round of points and I can move to skip mode for a while as I'm annoyed they raised the prices + points on the polish addons.

Latest posts

Back