(Spoilers) Julep May 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called CS today and they said Wednesday is the last day May boxes will be sent out.

So over this. But i got another 750 jules. After they told me the shipping stuff, I asked to cancel the add-on of the Freedom to Go. I said that in the lengthy amount of time that had passed since I'd ordered it, I had made other purchases including the Mother's Day mystery box where I tried the top coat and didn't like it. Then they said it was too late because everything was already boxed (figured... but it was worth a shot) so she gave me 750 jules so I could get a polish I liked better. 

I called CS today and they said Wednesday is the last day May boxes will be sent out.

So over this. But i got another 750 jules. After they told me the shipping stuff, I asked to cancel the add-on of the Freedom to Go. I said that in the lengthy amount of time that had passed since I'd ordered it, I had made other purchases including the Mother's Day mystery box where I tried the top coat and didn't like it. Then they said it was too late because everything was already boxed (figured... but it was worth a shot) so she gave me 750 jules so I could get a polish I liked better. 
That's curious. I called CS yesterday and was told it would be shipped by Friday. Which was different from what I was told Monday when I called and was told to expect a shipping notice by Tuesday morning.

I got 750 Jules too, which is nice, but still doesnt make up for the fact that I still have no clear answer on when my box will be here since you got a different answer than me. I asked what happened and she gave me a non-answer. "well, we sent an email about it." And I said "yes, and your email said I should have received a shipping notice by now, which I havent, but also didnt give any explanation for the hold-up."

Maybe all 'y'all noticed this earlier, but I was browsing the retired colors looking for Maggie and I saw Rae is now listed as a retired color. Considering how rarely it was in stock in the first place when so many people wanted to get a bottle of it, am I wrong to think that's a dick move on Julep's part? It's not like they didn't know it would be a popular color. Things like that happen when you call something the color of 2014. There's probably business logic to their decision to make Rae available for mere days--maybe even just hours--over the course of about two months and then retire it, but it seems ridiculous to me.

Maybe I'm just extra grumpy because two of the polishes I put on last week turned out to be awful for me (Rosa refused to be cleaned up and came off in one semi-solid chip a week later while Billie Jean faded so much at the tips that it goes beyond tip wear), but Julep is really annoying me with moves like that.

I unexpectedly got my May Maven box today. The colours are all very pretty, although of course, Maddy does not resemble the Julep swatches IRL. I will have to compare with colours I have at home, but I think the previous remarks that it could be a dupe for Evie are spot-on.

Oh, and I used Jules for my May box and add-ons, yet I still received double Jules for taking the May box....

So I just got off the phone with customer service, and I swear I am thisclose to cancelling my Maven account. She swore that my box was ready to ship and that I should get a shipping notice today. But she implied that a delay in billing was also partially to blame, and that made me fume!

What happened is my card number was stolen, so I had to get a new card. It arrived two days after the Julep billing date, so I updated right away and they charged me the next day. So basically, there was a three day delay (which would have only been two if they had billed same day like most businesses do instead of next day). A three-day delay did NOT contribute to the fact that Julep has had my money for nearly three WEEKS now, and that I have been lied to TWICE about shipping. 

She just kept repeating "you should have your box in 2-4 business days" like it was some kind of mantra. She barely apologized and offered no new information, and didn't even offer to throw a few Jules my way like others have gotten. What a crock this whole thing is.

So I just got off the phone with customer service, and I swear I am thisclose to cancelling my Maven account. She swore that my box was ready to ship and that I should get a shipping notice today. But she implied that a delay in billing was also partially to blame, and that made me fume!

What happened is my card number was stolen, so I had to get a new card. It arrived two days after the Julep billing date, so I updated right away and they charged me the next day. So basically, there was a three day delay (which would have only been two if they had billed same day like most businesses do instead of next day). A three-day delay did NOT contribute to the fact that Julep has had my money for nearly three WEEKS now, and that I have been lied to TWICE about shipping. 

She just kept repeating "you should have your box in 2-4 business days" like it was some kind of mantra. She barely apologized and offered no new information, and didn't even offer to throw a few Jules my way like others have gotten. What a crock this whole thing is.
See, this is similar to what happened to me.  I called Monday and was told my box would be going out Monday afternoon and I would receive my shipping notice by Tuesday morning and I could call back if I didnt.  So I did, and then it was "oh, well, nothing shipped yesterday or today, it wont ship until Wednesday or maybe even Friday." And I was like WAIT, WHAT?

I just got off the phone with them. UGH! She said "I see your label has just been printed, so it should be going out to you in the next day or two."  I asked her to clarify that they are indeed using USPS 2-day, and she said "uh, yeah, sure.  You should have your box by Saturday at the latest."  No apology, no offer of jules/refund/etc.  The "I see you label was printed" means NOTHING to me.  It means "we haven't shipped your box yet."  They could have printed my label on 4/28 for all I care.  I want a tracking number, I want my box, I want an apology. They've had my money for almost 3 weeks now.

Sorry for the rant.  This,compared to my experience with Birchbox this morning (super apologetic about a 2 day delay,$20 in compensation, reasonable explanation) completely illustrates why Julep has an F with the BBB and Birchbox has an A.

Cashing in my Jules on June box and moving on.  I already signed up for the LAQA polish club, really looking forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Once they told me the box is shipped and end up never shipped. They end up refunding thst month's box.

Maybe all 'y'all noticed this earlier, but I was browsing the retired colors looking for Maggie and I saw Rae is now listed as a retired color. Considering how rarely it was in stock in the first place when so many people wanted to get a bottle of it, am I wrong to think that's a dick move on Julep's part? It's not like they didn't know it would be a popular color. Things like that happen when you call something the color of 2014. There's probably business logic to their decision to make Rae available for mere days--maybe even just hours--over the course of about two months and then retire it, but it seems ridiculous to me.

Maybe I'm just extra grumpy because two of the polishes I put on last week turned out to be awful for me (Rosa refused to be cleaned up and came off in one semi-solid chip a week later while Billie Jean faded so much at the tips that it goes beyond tip wear), but Julep is really annoying me with moves like that.
I was never into Rae but I agree that's bullshit.

FINALLY got a freaking shipping notice. It says it will be here Friday or Saturday.
YAY I finally got it too!

@@Ashleigh Paige  - I'm not having any luck quoting from my work PC, but I agree that is total crap to "retire" Rae.

I just wrote a "review" for it calling them out. We'll see if it gets posted... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my shipping notice late yesterday, FINALLY! I am still miffed about how they think its OK to keep $32 (I had add-ons) of my money for three weeks, then lie to me twice about the expected shipping date. I have enough Jules for a free box, and once I cash those in, I am seriously thinking of canceling. This isn't the first time I've had an issue. Last time they at least gave me some Jules for the fiasco. This time, they seemed determined not to compensate. Shady!

I finally got tracking yesterday too. Hasn't updated yet so there's that. I called yesterday too and they didn't offer me Jules either. It pissed me off because they kept blaming me for not having my payment processed on the 27th and that was the reason for the delay. I'm sorry, but i called them first thing of the 28th and they processed my payment right away and that just doesn't excuse 3 weeks of delay. They ran out of wands. Great. But, a little bit of communication would have gone a long way. None of us should have had to constantly harp on them to give us info. I try to be pretty chill when it comes to Julep, but I'm pretty aggravated this month.

Did anyone else not get all of thier Jules from thier order?  I got the 600 Jules from taking the box but the ones for my add ons were missing.  I ordered enough specifically to be able to get my June box for free (since they were doing double). 

Did anyone else not get all of thier Jules from thier order?  I got the 600 Jules from taking the box but the ones for my add ons were missing.  I ordered enough specifically to be able to get my June box for free (since they were doing double). 
You don't receive Jules for add-ons.  The Jules shown by the add-ons are what they cost.

They don't give Jules for add-ons. The Jules listed under them is how many Jules they cost if you are redeeming for them. Hope that makes sense!

Thanks, I didn't realize that you didn't get the Jules with add ons. That is a bummer because I was going to get my free box and then cancel.  I have already started getting Rainbow Honey.  I started my Julep subscription in Decmeber right after they stopped the ability to skip (which I didn't realize until after I joined).  Now I will have to decide if I want to go one more month or just lose the Jules. 

Still waiting for my box here in Alberta.  Last tracking update showed it in Bell, CA on May 12th.

Hoping it gets here by next Wednesday since I'm moving to Texas Thurs or Fri and I'd reallllly like to get the box before I depart!  Sigh...

I finally got tracking yesterday too. Hasn't updated yet so there's that. I called yesterday too and they didn't offer me Jules either. It pissed me off because they kept blaming me for not having my payment processed on the 27th and that was the reason for the delay. I'm sorry, but i called them first thing of the 28th and they processed my payment right away and that just doesn't excuse 3 weeks of delay. They ran out of wands. Great. But, a little bit of communication would have gone a long way. None of us should have had to constantly harp on them to give us info. I try to be pretty chill when it comes to Julep, but I'm pretty aggravated this month.
I had a similar issue and I updated my cc info on the 28th as well. But I didn't even order a plie wand so why on earth my box has taken so long I cannot figure out. I did get a tracking email finally on Tuesday though and it says that it was delivered today, which I won't know for sure until late tonight. I'm not even excited for it anymore it's been so long!

Back