(SPOILERS) July Birchbox partners with Glamour Magazine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All you ladies who love LUSH, I have a full size R&B on my trade list.  It has a best by date of Dec 2012.  I just haven't finished my last one yet and won't get to this one for awhile. Here's the description of R&B from LUSH:

Enjoy some of our smooth R & B hair stylings to control your frizzy, flyaway hair. An instant best-seller, our easy-to-use “hair finisher†uses softening ingredients of organic avocado butter, oatmeal, olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, jojoba oil and candelilla wax because they are extremely effective for conditioning the hair and scalp. Three of our UK shop managers came up with R & B to revive and balance their wayward follicles. It works well with African American or curly hair because it conditions with a lot of moisture. And once you smell the seductive orange blossom and jasmine fragrance, your hair will truly get its groove back.

I use it on my hair when it's wet, but dry works too.  As with most LUSH, a little goes a long, long way.
 What are you looking to trade it for?  I can never navigate my way through the huge trade list.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by GinaM /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What are you looking to trade it for?  I can never navigate my way through the huge trade list.  Thanks!
Mainly looking for other hair products and skincare. Just try me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally got my July Box today, woohoo!

I got the Larabar, Earbuds, Jouer LMT, Color Club Blue-ming, Harvey Prince Hello and Eyeko skinny liner in black. I really like the Eyeko but I havent tried much else yet.

I got mine today, too. I got the Larabar, Eyeko Skinny in Olive (the very color I wanted ) the earbuds, Blue Ming nail polish (I already have 2 polishes similar to this color so I'd trade it) , Harvey Prince perfume, and the Alterna Hair oil. Which I'd love to have more of. (I boat a lot, and don't want my hair to get any lighter)

I have a shit ton of new in box full size skin care stuff, I need to make a trade list. 

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not to say this isn't a good deal, and better than the price on BB, but I stopped into Marshall's today and saw the exact same Gloss Moderne products for $5.99 each, so I grabbed them. They have the same ingredients but are labeled Coco de Soliel. They smell so good and I seem to remember someone raving about the fragrance of the sample. I know Marshall's is hit or miss, but I'm happy to have found them.   
You are right, at Marshalls I find some REALLY GOOD deals! I try not to go a lot though, I'd spend way too much $.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wanted to try the Coola sunscreen since I have yet to find a sunscreen that doesn't break me out and I didn't get one in my BB.  So, I emailed Coola and asked for a sample and they sent me 2 full size unscented Matte Tint SPF 30 for the face (they retail at $36 each!).  That made my day to open the mailbox today. 

Quote:Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wanted to try the Coola sunscreen since I have yet to find a sunscreen that doesn't break me out and I didn't get one in my BB.  So, I emailed Coola and asked for a sample and they sent me 2 full size unscented Matte Tint SPF 30 for the face (they retail at $36 each!).  That made my day to open the mailbox today. 

Wow really? I contaced Coola about samples, I hope they come thru for me like that!

I purchased a 3 month gift sub for my sister in law, and I would've been totally happy with her first box.  She got it Friday, it wasn't any of the boxes listed for July.  It had a twist band, Gloss Moderne masque, stila lip glaze, boscia blotting papers, and a perfume (not sure which).  It got her excited for her first "real" box in August.

I was very excited to open that package.  I love companies that just let me sample (let alone send full sizes), so if these sunscreens work for me, they will have a customer for life.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was very excited to open that package.  I love companies that just let me sample (let alone send full sizes), so if these sunscreens work for me, they will have a customer for life.
I requested samples early this week so I'm excited to see what shows up!  I also requested them from Super Goop and they got back to me within and hour and offered to send a variety.  I agree, send me samples and I'm more likely to buy from you.

Man I got rejected.  I thought I was being really gracious about it.  I use 60 freaking dollar sunscreen and would legitimately love to find a more affordable option, but with temperamental skin I don't buy anything without trying.

Is there anyone out there still waiting on their July boxes? I STILL haven't received mine, and recently, the items on my "box" page COMPLETELY changed -(went from box 27 I think to box 16, the only thing in common is the head phones) 
Then, I got this email from Birchbox - 

Hi there,
We know you are eagerly awaiting your July Birchbox so we wanted to reach out and apologize for the delay. Your box is shipping today and your original tracking number will activate shortly.
This delay in shipping is certainly not up to Birchbox's standard of service and you can expect prompt shipping by the 10th of each month from here on out.
We appreciate your patience as your box makes its way to you and in the meantime have added 100 Birchbox Points to your account as an apology for the wait. This a $10 value in our online shop and equal to the price of your monthly box. In the event that it's your first time using Birchbox Points, we invite you to  read all about our Birchbox points program program here!
Again, our sincerest apologies for the delay. Please don't hesitate to be in touch if we can assist you further or answer any questions!
xo,
Team Birchbox

So does that mean they just shipped it out (Yesterday, August 1st) and that my original box, date, tracking number etc were complete bullocks (original shipping date: July 20th)?
Just wondering if any other ladies are in the same situation, and can help me decipher all this information.

Here's to my first box eh?  At least they gave me BB points for hush money :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Really?  I'm sorry!  I don't buy without trying either because my skin is temperamental too. 

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Man I got rejected.  I thought I was being really gracious about it.  I use 60 freaking dollar sunscreen and would legitimately love to find a more affordable option, but with temperamental skin I don't buy anything without trying.

Originally Posted by fanchette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there anyone out there still waiting on their July boxes? I STILL haven't received mine, and recently, the items on my "box" page COMPLETELY changed -(went from box 27 I think to box 16, the only thing in common is the head phones) 
Then, I got this email from Birchbox - 

Hi there,
We know you are eagerly awaiting your July Birchbox so we wanted to reach out and apologize for the delay. Your box is shipping today and your original tracking number will activate shortly.
This delay in shipping is certainly not up to Birchbox's standard of service and you can expect prompt shipping by the 10th of each month from here on out.
We appreciate your patience as your box makes its way to you and in the meantime have added 100 Birchbox Points to your account as an apology for the wait. This a $10 value in our online shop and equal to the price of your monthly box. In the event that it's your first time using Birchbox Points, we invite you to  read all about our Birchbox points program program here!
Again, our sincerest apologies for the delay. Please don't hesitate to be in touch if we can assist you further or answer any questions!
xo,
Team Birchbox

So does that mean they just shipped it out (Yesterday, August 1st) and that my original box, date, tracking number etc were complete bullocks (original shipping date: July 20th)?
Just wondering if any other ladies are in the same situation, and can help me decipher all this information.

Here's to my first box eh?  At least they gave me BB points for hush money :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
what in the hell? they should've given you 200 points for this error smh.  i would be pissed. i hope that you get your goodies asap :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know right! I guess I'll just look on the bright side and think about how close my two boxes will be!

Here's my feedback as I put it in on the Birchbox website tonight for the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner.  I got what appears to be Box #4 this month.  This eyeliner looks like a felt tip pen, the kind that's a cross between a paintbrush and a marker.  I like it, but I will probably not be buying another one because it's made in China.

Rate your familiarity with the Eyeko brand prior to Birchbox.

2 - I know of the brand but do not own any of their products

When was the last time you purchased an Eyeko product? 

1 - Never

Rate your familiarity with the Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner product prior to Birchbox.

2 - I think I've seen it around

What do you think of the Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner?

4 - Pretty Darn Good

On a scale of 1-5, would you recommend the Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner to your friends?3 - Neutral Are you planning to purchase the Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner after sampling through Birchbox?

1 - No, not planning to purchase

Share Your Opinion:

I got the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black in my July 2012 Birchbox.  I traded it for a purple one with another member of MakeUpTalk.com.  I do not like black eyeliner, so I'm very happy to have been able to trade it.  I like how the Eyeko liquid eyeliner pen works, but it goes on dark on my waterline, then fades in seconds.  Once it's dry, it will not come off, but while it's wet it fades really fast.  I also use it as an eyeshadow because it will not go on in an even line on my top lid.  There's about 1 second to blend it before it dries on the top lashline.  I do not think the black one could be used lke that, but the purple one works.  I'm not looking to do the whole eyelid with it, just about the bottom 1/3.  It stays on all day as a liner and a shadow.  The 3 - Neutral for recommending it to my friends is because it does not having the Leaping Bunny Certification.  It is also made in China.  I try to avoid products made in China whenever possible.  Also, the Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner on my Box Page on the Birchbox website appears to be turquoise, but I got the black one.  I still would have traded the turquoise for a purple one.  It applies smoothly and easily, although I do have to go over it several times on my waterline, let it dry, and then re-apply it to get much color.  I do not like that about this product.  At first, the tip of the eyeliner pen would not get saturated with the liquid eyeliner, but after leaving it sit upside down for several days, that problem seems to be solved.  I am pretty new to eyeliner, just having bought my first one in March 2012, but I do like the purple Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner enough that I will use it until it is gone and I enjoy experimenting with it.

ThePeridotCricket

I know this is probably not going to be seen by anyone anymore, but is anyone wanting to trade to get an eyeko skinny eyeliner in Violet/Purple? I swatched it once on the back of my clean hand, and it's never been used.  I haven't done any trades yet, but I'd love to start!  I don't have a wish list, so I am open to anything really!

I'm a little jealous!  I asked for sample, and got samples!  I ended up purchasingthe full size, but still!!

Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a little jealous!  I asked for sample, and got samples!  I ended up purchasingthe full size, but still!!
I got mine yesterday, and 2 small face samples came in one big box.  Oh well, better than nothing!

Latest posts

Back