(SPOILERS) July Birchbox partners with Glamour Magazine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen the "July Plus Two Sample Pack" in the Birchbox shop? I am intrigued. What do you girls (and guys) think?

Here is the description:

Birchbox Breakdown We know you love receiving your monthly Birchbox and the fun of diving into a collection of surprise samples. But we’ve also heard that you'd like a little more choice. This month we’re testing out a way to give you the chance to try more than what arrives in your delivery. The Plus Two Pack is a low-risk opportunity to sample other July products that intrigue you.
  How it Works Choose pairs of two samples that were included in July’s Birchboxes by selecting from the drop down menu above. Each set costs $10, or is complimentary if purchased with any full-size product from the July box category. Valid carts will have a $10 discount applied automatically - no code necessary. Promotion is only valid for one free Sample Pack per order. Sampling with the Plus Two Pack does not exclude these products from arriving in your future monthly boxes

The ones available as of now are:

How to Use Learn more about the products in this month's Birchbox Plus Two Packs:
Pack A: Lady Vengeance Perfume & dirt Luxe Scrub
Pack B: Ada Cosmetics Bronzer in Golden & Amika Hair Mask
Pack C: Amika Hair Oil & Dr. Jart Waterfuse B.B. Cream
Pack D: Jouer Lip Enhancer & Harvey Prince Eau Flirt

Check it out here: http://www.birchbox.com/shop/july2012-box/plus-two-pack

That's pretty interesting actually.

SO it's basically pick 2 free samples with your order. Sorta kinda. Lol

It will be great if they expand this to include ALL samples from that months box.

Originally Posted by erikalisa55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone seen the "July Plus Two Sample Pack" in the Birchbox shop? I am intrigued. What do you girls (and guys) think?

Here is the description:

Birchbox Breakdown We know you love receiving your monthly Birchbox and the fun of diving into a collection of surprise samples. But we’ve also heard that you'd like a little more choice. This month we’re testing out a way to give you the chance to try more than what arrives in your delivery. The Plus Two Pack is a low-risk opportunity to sample other July products that intrigue you.
  How it Works Choose pairs of two samples that were included in July’s Birchboxes by selecting from the drop down menu above. Each set costs $10, or is complimentary if purchased with any full-size product from the July box category. Valid carts will have a $10 discount applied automatically - no code necessary. Promotion is only valid for one free Sample Pack per order. Sampling with the Plus Two Pack does not exclude these products from arriving in your future monthly boxes

How to Use Learn more about the products in this month's Birchbox Plus Two Packs:

They're listening to us!!!!!! High five BB!!

Originally Posted by erikalisa55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is the description:

but really? 2 samples for $10..? heck you're better off with another birchbox instead of just 2 samples.. thats my opinion on that even though you get to pick which one you want..

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They're listening to us!!!!!! High five BB!!

They sure are! After trying (more than I care to admit) several beauty subscription services, I have to say that Birchbox is the most consistent in it's progress. I am loving the samples I receive and have learned to try them before I think it's something I might not like, Birchbox just keeps getting it right. Also, their customer service and loyalty system is unparalleled. I just love Birchbox! lol. I swear they aren't paying me for this. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

but really? 2 samples for $10..? heck you're better off with another birchbox instead of just 2 samples.. thats my opinion on that even though you get to pick which one you want..
True true. But still, it's a step in the right direction, and a good deal if you're going to buy a full sized product from them!

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True true. But still, it's a step in the right direction, and a good deal if you're going to buy a full sized product from them!
what they SHOULD do is improve their customer service. it takes about 3-4 days for a reply from them and sometimes they even ignore me. AND when I do call them most of the time, they don't pick up and I even call during their hours. weird much? birchbox's customer service use to NEVER be like this.

It's funny - my Birchboxes have been pretty roundly disappointing in terms of the samples I get but the "Birchbox experience" keeps me from cancelling. I am still exposed to new things I would not have known about otherwise (I just have to swap to get them instead of getting them in my BB) and I love earning points for feedback and purchases that I can use to get those products. I like this new idea and it was a good enough incentive to get me to make a purchase that I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what they SHOULD do is improve their customer service. it takes about 3-4 days for a reply from them and sometimes they even ignore me. AND when I do call them most of the time, they don't pick up and I even call during their hours. weird much? birchbox's customer service use to NEVER be like this.
ooo, that's no good. I've never called them, but thanks for the heads up.

I've never had any issues with the CS. I've been able to get a hold of someone or been called back asap. Emails have always been answered promptly..that's too bad you've had such a negative experience with the BB CS team!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never had any issues with the CS. I've been able to get a hold of someone or been called back asap. Emails have always been answered promptly..that's too bad you've had such a negative experience with the BB CS team!
they don't even call me back -.-

Originally Posted by brandyboop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else that received a Manna Kadar shimmer lotion receive one that was already opened or possibly burst during transit?  The cap of mine was open and product was leaking.  I e-mailed BB about it and I'm waiting to see if they can send me a replacement.  I wasn't sure if it was manufacturing error or if it exploded due to the hot weather.
My Manna Kadar shimmer lotion had burst in transit as well and had leaked all over the card. I took a few pictures of it and sent an email to Birchbox. They said they were out of samples but gave me 100 points instead.

Originally Posted by dryadsbubble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by brandyboop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else that received a Manna Kadar shimmer lotion receive one that was already opened or possibly burst during transit?  The cap of mine was open and product was leaking.  I e-mailed BB about it and I'm waiting to see if they can send me a replacement.  I wasn't sure if it was manufacturing error or if it exploded due to the hot weather.
My Manna Kadar shimmer lotion had burst in transit as well and had leaked all over the card. I took a few pictures of it and sent an email to Birchbox. They said they were out of samples but gave me 100 points instead.

Email Manna Kadar! They were giving out samples so they'll probably send you some. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree. It's great if your getting them with an order, but I don't see this as in any way a good deal if you are paying the $10 for it. It might be worth it if they would credit you $5 on a full size of that particular product. Yeah, just my opinion, but I really don't see the value in this.

Originally Posted by AthenaBolina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know this is probably not going to be seen by anyone anymore, but is anyone wanting to trade to get an eyeko skinny eyeliner in Violet/Purple? I swatched it once on the back of my clean hand, and it's never been used.  I haven't done any trades yet, but I'd love to start!  I don't have a wish list, so I am open to anything really!
I can't figure out how to edit my own post, but this is pending!!

Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. It's great if your getting them with an order, but I don't see this as in any way a good deal if you are paying the $10 for it. It might be worth it if they would credit you $5 on a full size of that particular product. Yeah, just my opinion, but I really don't see the value in this.
I think it's all about getting more sales of the current month's products, not getting more samples in our hands.  It has been made clear to Birchbox that customers want to get samples with their orders, and this is their first try at giving us what we want.  I don't think they quite have it, though:  The free-samples-with-purchase standard is three, not two.  These are only free with a purchase of something from the July box, and they started this after the extra-points window closed, so most people who were going to order something probably already did so.  On the other hand, you could get a $12 stila lip gloss trio with free shipping and get two samples, and then if you use 100 points, you're paying two bucks for three lip glosses and two samples.  I actually considered that, except I'm not wild about any of the sample combos offered.  I have all but two of them already, and neither of those are anything that I would even bother trying. I'll definitely be interested in seeing whether this program continues and how it evolves as they figure out what does and does not work.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it's all about getting more sales of the current month's products, not getting more samples in our hands.  It has been made clear to Birchbox that customers want to get samples with their orders, and this is their first try at giving us what we want.  I don't think they quite have it, though:  The free-samples-with-purchase standard is three, not two.  These are only free with a purchase of something from the July box, and they started this after the extra-points window closed, so most people who were going to order something probably already did so.  On the other hand, you could get a $12 stila lip gloss trio with free shipping and get two samples, and then if you use 100 points, you're paying two bucks for three lip glosses and two samples.  I actually considered that, except I'm not wild about any of the sample combos offered.  I have all but two of them already, and neither of those are anything that I would even bother trying. I'll definitely be interested in seeing whether this program continues and how it evolves as they figure out what does and does not work.

I too am excited about it. I place an order once or twice a month, so why not get free samples too?

Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think they quite have it, though:  The free-samples-with-purchase standard is three, not two.  These are only free with a purchase of something from the July box, and they started this after the extra-points window closed, so most people who were going to order something probably already did so.

I've been wishing for awhile that I could simply purchase samples of specific products so this offer really appeals to me. There are always a couple things that I'd like to try but don't receive. I'm not unhappy with my boxes—I just want more! I almost always try to purchase sample or travel sized versions of products if they are available. If you're strictly comparing the cost of these extra samples vs. a monthly box, then sure, maybe it doesn't look like a deal. However, considering the values of the samples, $10 including shipping seems to me to be a completely fair price—especially since you have the option to add it to a larger order for FREE! Three samples with purchase is the standard set by Sephora, but those are typically tiny packet samples. Sephora does offer deluxe samples from time to time, but those too are special offers, usually limited to one and not available for purchase on their own.

Originally Posted by Ultracitrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been wishing for awhile that I could simply purchase samples of specific products so this offer really appeals to me. There are always a couple things that I'd like to try but don't receive. I'm not unhappy with my boxes—I just want more! I almost always try to purchase sample or travel sized versions of products if they are available. If you're strictly comparing the cost of these extra samples vs. a monthly box, then sure, maybe it doesn't look like a deal. However, considering the values of the samples, $10 including shipping seems to me to be a completely fair price—especially since you have the option to add it to a larger order for FREE! Three samples with purchase is the standard set by Sephora, but those are typically tiny packet samples. Sephora does offer deluxe samples from time to time, but those too are special offers, usually limited to one and not available for purchase on their own.
I like the idea of what BB is doing. I hope they implement this on a permanent basis. Especially for that reason; If you're planning on shopping in the BB shop, the samples become free, like a GWP. Great way for us to get our hands on stuff we were hoping to try, but may not have received or just want a little more of. Also, how many of us directly contact companies when we don't get coveted samples in our boxes? This also helps rein some of us BB ladies and get us shopping more frequently through their site. Or is one of their goals, I'm sure lol.

Latest posts

Back