(Spoilers) November Birchbox 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by TippyAG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by grayc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i agree... ooooopppppeeennnn iiiiittt
claps.gif

I crumble under peer pressure so I blame you.

The gloss is sparkly but not in an immature way, it's very pretty! It kind of feels like it might be plumping too.

"Sparkle & shine, make a wish..."
"When your necklace wears off, your wish comes true!"

A lovely sparkly bobby pin.
smile.gif

So fun, and definitely more than I was expecting!! That's a great one, so much better than last year.

Quote: Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the best "Pick 2" with my order today! I never expect anything amazing, but I got the Ruffian Polish in Fox Hunt and Delirium! I already had Hedge Fund from my September box...how frickin' awesome! I have way more faith in BB now that I resubbed.
That's a great pick two!

T

. Those two boxes are individually pretty great, congrats on getting two winners!

T Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I completely forgot to post the two boxes I am getting on here. One is my gift sub and I just renewed my yearly. Here are my boxes:

Yearly sub: (bb56)

Ghirardelli® Chocolate Bar Buy
derma e® Evenly Radiant® Collection Buy
Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée Cologne Absolue - 200ml Buy
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Buy
TOCCA Crema da Mano Luxe Buy
Color Club® Cocktail Hour Collection

Gift sub: (bb45)
  Ghirardelli® Chocolate Bar
Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips
Folle de Joie eau de parfum
Eyeko Black Magic Mascara
Miss Jessie's® Original Leave-In Condish
These are probably two of my favorite boxes so far.

. Those two boxes are individually pretty great, congrats on getting two winners! Thanks! I had a few months of duds so I am really happy about these boxes.

I crumble under peer pressure so I blame you.

The gloss is sparkly but not in an immature way, it's very pretty! It kind of feels like it might be plumping too.

"Sparkle & shine, make a wish..."
"When your necklace wears off, your wish comes true!"

A lovely sparkly bobby pin.
smile.gif

So fun, and definitely more than I was expecting!!

Okay.  I'm definitely buying a 4 pack of these for my girlfriends.

I put on CC Dark 'n Stormy a few days ago and holy crap this formula is impressive! Its stayed on for 3 days with no chipping so far.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I put on CC Dark 'n Stormy a few days ago and holy crap this formula is impressive! Its stayed on for 3 days with no chipping so far.

I tried CC in Top Shelf and it was a really pretty color. I almost went and bought Dark 'n Stormy on eBay (it's also one of my favorite drinks), but had to keep reminding myself that I'll get more nail polish in my boxes next month LOL. Top Shelf is very subtle and flattering, and close enough to your natural nail color that chips don't show. I got Nailtini Champagne in my Ipsy bag, and gave it to my mom because I didn't like it as well as the CC, even though they're pretty similar in color (Top Shelf is more beige, Champagne is more pink, Champagne has slightly larger shimmer flecks). Both seemed to have average-to-good wear, although I think CC held up a little better. 

While I love the idea of 3-free polishes, I'm not sure they adhere to my nails as well as traditional formulas. Have you guys noticed this?

Oy!  Like I needed to be pushed another step closer to buying it!  

Quote: Originally Posted by disconik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oy!  Like I needed to be pushed another step closer to buying it!  
For what it's worth, I don't have a single color like it! Hahahah. It's really unique.

For what it's worth, I don't have a single color like it! Hahahah. It's really unique.
The closest I could think of was Sally Hansen Gunmetal but that's quite a bit bluer:

Not quite the same, but same family.

And someone who got both of the metallic greys from Ipsy and BB posted a swatch:

"Nailtini Caviar Cocktail is on my thumb and Color Club Dark n’ Stormy is on my index finger. Dark n’ Stormy leans slightly bluer while Caviar Cocktail is a truer grey."

I don't think it's unique, per se, but you're right that it's not the type of colour most people have in their collections... XD;

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The closest I could think of was Sally Hansen Gunmetal but that's quite a bit bluer:

Sally Hansen Gunmetal was my "gateway" polish back into nail polish.  

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sally Hansen Gunmetal was my "gateway" polish back into nail polish.  
Mine was s!OPI Just a Little Dangerous. I almost never get seconds and hoard, but I had to when I heard they were dcing s!OPI just for sentimentality reasons. I don't wear Gunmetal really anymore... but you're right, it's always easier to remember polishes you got earlier... XD

Mine was s!OPI Just a Little Dangerous. I almost never get seconds and hoard, but I had to when I heard they were dcing s!OPI just for sentimentality reasons. I don't wear Gunmetal really anymore... but you're right, it's always easier to remember polishes you got earlier... XD
Now I can't remember a name of any polish.  I'll start looking for that green one that is a little blue with the sparkles in it.

mine was Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbet. I can spot it on anyone - I can also tell the difference between Mint Sorbet and Revlon's Jaded and Revlon's Minted. Yup. Obvi I have a favorite shade of nail polishes haha.

I'm REALLY REALLY loving CC's On the Rocks. It's really fun! Even though I hate getting polish in my boxes, CC has held up really *really* well. My Deborah Lippman chipped after 2 days but my On the Rocks accent nail has held up for 5 days now. Crazy right??

Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I completely forgot to post the two boxes I am getting on here. One is my gift sub and I just renewed my yearly. Here are my boxes:

Yearly sub: (bb56)

Ghirardelli® Chocolate Bar Buy
derma e® Evenly Radiant® Collection Buy
Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée Cologne Absolue - 200ml Buy
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Buy
TOCCA Crema da Mano Luxe Buy
Color Club® Cocktail Hour Collection

Gift sub: (bb45)
  Ghirardelli® Chocolate Bar
Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips
Folle de Joie eau de parfum
Eyeko Black Magic Mascara
Miss Jessie's® Original Leave-In Condish
These are probably two of my favorite boxes so far.

Wow, those are both amazing!
smile.gif
Thanks I cant wait to get them and destroy that chocolate!

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my gift sub welcome box! Not bad for a welcome box.

I got exactly the same and I'm not impressed. If this were my actual first BB I'd probably cancel, actually. I hope the last 2 months of my second sub have things better suited for me. I wasn't happy with the perfume or shampoo and conditioner but I do like the eyeliner and I'm always down for more Chuao.

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  mine was Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbet. I can spot it on anyone - I can also tell the difference between Mint Sorbet and Revlon's Jaded and Revlon's Minted. Yup. Obvi I have a favorite shade of nail polishes haha.

I'm REALLY REALLY loving CC's On the Rocks. It's really fun! Even though I hate getting polish in my boxes, CC has held up really *really* well. My Deborah Lippman chipped after 2 days but my On the Rocks accent nail has held up for 5 days now. Crazy right??
Mine was China Glaze's solar power.  Several years ago, I wore this yellow polish almost every day!

Back