(Spoilers) November Birchbox 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Womp, womp.. I got a pick 2 today and Recieved Fox Hunt and Hedge Fund.. Sad for me, I recieved two Hedge Funds last month. Fox Hunt looks too orange for my cool toned skin... So, awesome pick two, just not good for me. I need to trade them!
You might want to give Fox Hunt a whirl. I thought the same thing as you - Fox Hunt would not look good with my cool skin tone. But when I put it on, I loved it! On me it had a hint of pink that makes it really flattering. It is really beautiful.

You might want to give Fox Hunt a whirl. I thought the same thing as you - Fox Hunt would not look good with my cool skin tone. But when I put it on, I loved it! On me it had a hint of pink that makes it really flattering. It is really beautiful.
Oh cool! Ok, I'll try it. I can never wear greens but was pleasantly surprised that I worked.

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my gift sub welcome box! Not bad for a welcome box.

Ooh! I hope it get this one over the other one they are sending out :-D

Quote: Originally Posted by kgirl42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So jealous of the awesome Pick 2 packs some people are getting! Got mine today, and it's foils foils foils. Specifically two of the foot wipes (which I luckily managed to avoid when they were sent out a few months ago), and three tiny foils of GlamNatural cream blush. I'm actually excited to try the blush, but two of the shades they sent seem way too dark, so usage-wise, I'm looking at one foil of cream blush and two foot wipes. Not great, and definitely not a $10 value.
Ohh, lucky.  I've been wanting to try that blush so bad, but it is too expensive to chance it.  I actually contacted the company to ask if they were able to send me a sample of two colors, and they said they would get some right out to me.  It has been at least 2 months...so they lied.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />     (maybe I'll luck out and get some in my pick two coming in tomorrow *crosses fingers*)

Quote: Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For what it's worth, I thought those foot wipes were gonna majorly suck. Turns out, on the package, it says they're for your hands, too. So I tossed them in my purse and they came in handy! And I loved the "coolness" on my hands after I used them!

I second the foot wipes!  I don't know if it is just where I live, but when I wear flip-flops/sandals etc around town, my feet get dirty on the sides/bottom from all the crap floating around on the ground.  And I walk around barefoot at home, with tile floors.  No matter how much you sweep/steam mop...your feet are going to get dirty, lol.  So the wipes come in very handy.

I also think they feel much better than using baby wipes.  They clean MUCH better than baby wipes too, and don't leave a "baby" smell behind, or that kind of "sticky/suffocating" coating feel baby wipes can leave behind.   They are also good if you're hot, and need a quick cool down/freshener.

This is my first month and according to tracking I should be getting my box today. Unfortunately, going by what the website lists it is going to be dud for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I do not use traditional shampoo and conditioner, most perfume (I only like bakery scents and vanilla), and I already have the Chella highlighter pencil from Ipsy. The tea is something I will use, but $10 for two tea bags and a highlighter pencil already have is not exactly inspiring BB confidence in me. I guess since my Ipsy was awesome this month, and everybody raves about BirchBox, I was hoping for at least 3 out 5 products, if not 4 out of 5. Thankfully I can gift what I will not use. I am going to stick it out for two more months since I got my mom and sister 3 month gift subscriptions, though. Sorry to be so negative my first time around, but I am pretty disappointed. The questions they asked on the profile kind of got my hopes up for more natural stuff.

How soon does the first box update? I've got my niece's box coming by snail. But I want to see what she is getting.

even though i am swimming in mascaras right now (i think i have at least 12, and maybe 9 of those came from subs or gwp) but i love this eyeko black magic mascara. i wish that they sampled the blue one instead of the black one. whenever i finish running through these i will buy it via birchbox.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJessicaMary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is my first month and according to tracking I should be getting my box today. Unfortunately, going by what the website lists it is going to be dud for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I do not use traditional shampoo and conditioner, most perfume (I only like bakery scents and vanilla), and I already have the Chella highlighter pencil from Ipsy. The tea is something I will use, but $10 for two tea bags and a highlighter pencil already have is not exactly inspiring BB confidence in me. I guess since my Ipsy was awesome this month, and everybody raves about BirchBox, I was hoping for at least 3 out 5 products, if not 4 out of 5. Thankfully I can gift what I will not use. I am going to stick it out for two more months since I got my mom and sister 3 month gift subscriptions, though. Sorry to be so negative my first time around, but I am pretty disappointed. The questions they asked on the profile kind of got my hopes up for more natural stuff.
The welcome box has nothing to do with the survey you filled out, as it gets sent before you do it.  I am afraid you will not like birchbox, though.  There is no way that they can know what you get from ipsy, and you can't opt out of specific products.  Like with ipsy, you have to be open to trying a wide variety of products.

Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  even though i am swimming in mascaras right now (i think i have at least 12, and maybe 9 of those came from subs or gwp) but i love this eyeko black magic mascara. i wish that they sampled the blue one instead of the black one. whenever i finish running through these i will buy it via birchbox.

@quene8106 I agree! I seriously groaned a bit when I saw I was getting a mascara but it has far surpassed even my favorites! I wonder how blue the other one is. If it shows up well, I'd be tempted to buy it.
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@quene8106 I agree! I seriously groaned a bit when I saw I was getting a mascara but it has far surpassed even my favorites! I wonder how blue the other one is. If it shows up well, I'd be tempted to buy it.
smile.gif

Uhmm...your new profile pic is GORGEOUS. wow.
SHOCKED.gif

Oh,man...now I feel bad for sending you one as an extra! My bad lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Uhmm...your new profile pic is GORGEOUS. wow.
SHOCKED.gif

Aw, thank you @Tiffany27la!
wub.gif
Haha, I keep looking at your profile picture and thinking "Who IS that exotic woman! Tiffany is blonde! Seriously both blonde and brunette look stunning on you."

Help! I'm trying to get a new subscription (November was the last box of my yearly subscription). I opted out of auto renewal but I get an error message when I try to place the order that says I already have an active subscription. What do I need to do to get this to work, birchbox geniuses?!

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aw, thank you @Tiffany27la!
wub.gif
Haha, I keep looking at your profile picture and thinking "Who IS that exotic woman! Tiffany is blonde! Seriously both blonde and brunette look stunning on you."
@CheshireCookie is pretty! @Tiffany27la is pretty! i'm pretty. all mut members are pretty. the end, haha.

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The welcome box has nothing to do with the survey you filled out, as it gets sent before you do it.  I am afraid you will not like birchbox, though.  There is no way that they can know what you get from ipsy, and you can't opt out of specific products.  Like with ipsy, you have to be open to trying a wide variety of products.
I filled out the survey at least a month before signing up for a box, but if the welcome box is not done based on the survey, then that makes more sense. I probably missed that detail when I signed up. I am not really upset about getting the duplicated Chella since I actually like it. I guess seeing others getting Eyeko and such made me wish for that since that would be new to me. I am pretty open to skincare and makeup. I no longer use any chemicals on my hair, but I am used to giving hair products to my siblings, and if the survey is correct, I can opt to not receive too many perfume samples which is nice. Funny thing is after I got home and actually opened the box I think the tea is actually the thing I am most excited about :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The perfume is not too bad either. Not my usual choice, but I think I will keep it.

But I am excited to hopefully get to try some natural beauty/makeup and skin care and such soon ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@CheshireCookie is pretty! @Tiffany27la is pretty! i'm pretty. all mut members are pretty. the end, haha.

Hahaha, hooray MUT fabulousness!
huggies.gif
@quene8106

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ooh! I hope it get this one over the other one they are sending out :-D
I got that one too

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ...Birchbox, this is... a slightly bizarre response...

Me:

Response:

I'm guessing they just replace the "missing [item here]" so they can reply to these faster, but LOL. That's fine. I'm just excited to get the keychain. Maybe they'll win me over yet into another year.

if you've had your 13th and haven't gotten your keychain yet, it's probably worth emailing them I guess.
Oooh thanks November is my 13th month and no keychain.

Me too and I still haven't gotten a discount or keychain.

Quote: Originally Posted by ctr64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Ladies- Long time lurker and first time posting. Typically a pencil shavings smell (in the case of the Tiossan - [sp?] lotion) is a cedar note. Cedar is in some perfumes but usually is more subtle. It is definitely not my favorite note in any product - especially body lotion.
Welcome!

Back