*Spoilers* October 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone,

So I signed up for 3 months from July- Sept and paid $96.30 coz I used the promo code REFER5 at that time.  I extended it for another 3 months so of course it automatically renews it for me. I am looking at my billing info and wondering why they are charging me $37.45 for the Oct month.  Don't they usually charge for the whole 3 boxes at one time which comes up to $101.65 (for me - $95+$6.65 tax =$101.65).?  If they charge me $37.45 per month that would come up to $112.35. That's another $10 right there. Can anybody shed some light? This month is already processing. Thanks. 

It auto renews as a monthly subscription once your 3 months are up. You have to purchase another 3 months if you want to prepay

Hi, I've been stalking the popsugar forum since last month when I signed up for a 3 month plan for the first time.  October will be my first box!!  Nervous and excited, but that's not what I'm writing about. 

I was amazed yesterday when all the price increase talk started, then I noticed something today: my account has always stated that my next billing was January 2014 because I'm getting the October-December boxes (I didn't want a previous box, and made sure that option wasn't selected.)  Today my "next billing" was changed to December 2013.  Kinda fishy.  Either they've dropped my last box, or they're moving up the billing month.  I've already contacted costumer service sending my first message to them:

"

Hi, I'm ******* and my subscription number is #******. I ordered a 3 month subscription box last month which started with the October box and is suppose to end with the December box. From submitting my order last month up to yesterday my account stated that my next billing was January 2014. Today I went into my account and saw that my next billing was changed to December 2013. Why the change? I've already been billed and charged for the 3 months, never asking for a previous box. I didn't select that option. Why is my next billing in December? Thank You.
I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else.  Doesn't boost my trust in the service seeing this change!  I hope costumer service sends a speedy reply that pertains to what I wrote, and not something pre-written/automatic.

Quote: Originally Posted by celticjade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi, I've been stalking the popsugar forum since last month when I signed up for a 3 month plan for the first time.  October will be my first box!!  Nervous and excited, but that's not what I'm writing about. 

I was amazed yesterday when all the price increase talk started, then I noticed something today: my account has always stated that my next billing was January 2014 because I'm getting the October-December boxes (I didn't want a previous box, and made sure that option wasn't selected.)  Today my "next billing" was changed to December 2013.  Kinda fishy.  Either they've dropped my last box, or they're moving up the billing month.  I've already contacted costumer service sending my first message to them:

"

Hi, I'm ******* and my subscription number is #******. I ordered a 3 month subscription box last month which started with the October box and is suppose to end with the December box. From submitting my order last month up to yesterday my account stated that my next billing was January 2014. Today I went into my account and saw that my next billing was changed to December 2013. Why the change? I've already been billed and charged for the 3 months, never asking for a previous box. I didn't select that option. Why is my next billing in December? Thank You.
I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else.  Doesn't boost my trust in the service seeing this change!  I hope costumer service sends a speedy reply that pertains to what I wrote, and not something pre-written/automatic.

I think they are setting up the new system with the auto-renew that it might be a glitch... my account said my Oct box was "closed" and I had already paid for it. So of course I e-mailed them... it took about 2 days to get a response, but they were helpful and said that I am getting my Oct. Box! ( Thank goodness... I would have been very bummed since I love Fall and this box has to be fall like! I might be a little excited!) ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also signed up for another 3 months starting November and the next billed date is March 2014... which doesn't add up. But I really think they are just working out kinks in the new account renewal area... Once it starts working it should be much easier to renew so I am excited:)

I signed up for popsugar in august . They told me I would get the October box since the sept had sold out. They also billed me immediately for the October box,  I was it on my credit card

Thanks katiew, that does make a lot of sense.  Hopefully it does work itself out!  Crazy to finally start popsugar and have this happen, because even though it's $4.95 more, that's a lot for me.  It adds up.

Autumn is my favorite season!  And with nothing being fall-like in the September box, I'm super hoping for a season fitting item this month.  Figures crossed :0)

Now to spoil or not to spoil!?  I LOVE spoilers . . . except on Christmas, and this is 3 months of Christmas.

I think they are setting up the new system with the auto-renew that it might be a glitch... my account said my Oct box was "closed" and I had already paid for it. So of course I e-mailed them... it took about 2 days to get a response, but they were helpful and said that I am getting my Oct. Box! ( Thank goodness... I would have been very bummed since I love Fall and this box has to be fall like! I might be a little excited!) ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also signed up for another 3 months starting November and the next billed date is March 2014... which doesn't add up. But I really think they are just working out kinks in the new account renewal area... Once it starts working it should be much easier to renew so I am excited:)
When I signed up in the beginning of September, I immediately got billed for my first box (October). My next billing date showed as December, which doesn't make sense because I'm on the monthly billing. I emailed them and they told me it was just "cosmetic" and I would get billed for November too.

I'm so ready for October must have box!

I GOTTA have:

- beauty item for my face, like makeup, lip balm, lotion, beauty stuff. 

- wearable item, like a fashion item.  scarf would be cool, but wouldn't be opposed to shoes, slippers, gloves, sweater or cardigan.... fall item

- any other items are bonus...

Bonus ideas:

- throw blanket, or household items on trend, stemless glasses, throw rug, flannel sheets

- fitness item, I joined in July, so I haven't seen anything yet in this category.  I just jog/walked 15 minutes today, would love something fresh w/a fitness focus, or a magic item that makes me instantly skinner.  Free tummy tuck w/local plastics is juuuuust fine.  kidding.

- while a movie is fun, i would prefer a book.  I love the idea you gals have mentioned about the Bridget jones book.  That's totally an item on trend, and not everyone would have it.  too fun, something like that would be cute

- jewelry is always on the list, i guess i figured i don't always have to spell it out

- something to do with romance, not sure, date idea or what is on trend?  as i type that, it sounds more lame.  i just want to feel romantic, not necessarily buy a cheesy date kit or something.  

Quote: Originally Posted by caseybean025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When do they normally start shipping?
 I believe around the  6 or  9th of the month

Maybe they'll make up for the turtle's speed shipping last month by sending out boxes early this month. That would be nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by jdove215 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine initiated shipping and weighs 3.7 pounds! I'm so excited:)

Same here! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not pleased by the price increase if they don't up the MSRP value of the box to go along with it I'm not sure I will stick around past the holidays. 

After

Hi Everyone, So I signed up for 3 months from July- Sept and paid $96.30 coz I used the promo code REFER5 at that time.  I extended it for another 3 months so of course it automatically renews it for me. I am looking at my billing info and wondering why they are charging me $37.45 for the Oct month.  Don't they usually charge for the whole 3 boxes at one time which comes up to $101.65 (for me - $95+$6.65 tax =$101.65).?  If they charge me $37.45 per month that would come up to $112.35. That's another $10 right there. Can anybody shed some light? This month is already processing. Thanks. 
After your initial subscription (3 months) is up, they revert back to month to month... You can click the upgrade button an go back to three months and it will be the cheaper rate :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Am I psycho for wanting to sub for 12 months? I've really liked all of the boxes for both myself and gifts for others.

Not crazy at all... I think it's a smart & responsible buy- with the price increase you'll definitely be saving $$$. I've been a subscriber since box 1 & I've loved all boxes except a couple were meh..

Latest posts

Back