*Spoilers* October 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with many above pumpkin spice or cinnamon anything (maybe a WoodWick candle they have a cinnamon chai candle that sounds amazing. I love the idea of a throw blanket especially a Brookstone nap blanket ( I'm obsessed and already own 2) Maybe a pumpkin carving tool set. Love the idea of a book the third Divergent book, Allegiant by Veronica Roth comes out this month and I'm dying to read it ( I don't care if I'm 23 I still love teen dystopian books). But I don't think this is likely because it doesn't come out until like the 20th plus it's a teen book. We also haven't gotten movie tickets in a while and we've never gotten a non workout DVD. The Carrie remake comes out this month right? I think that could be a fun movie ticket idea I'd love to see. I don't know what DVDs are coming out but I gotta say I loved Now You See Me that recently came out on DVD and I'd love that. Candy!!!!! Hopefully not chocolate just because I'm in Florida and it's still hot down here and nobody likes melted chocolate. Yes more make upnail polish. Just got super excited.

Love the idea of a book the third Divergent book, Allegiant by Veronica Roth comes out this month and I'm dying to read it ( I don't care if I'm 23 I still love teen dystopian books). But I don't think this is likely because it doesn't come out until like the 20th plus it's a teen book. We also haven't gotten movie tickets in a while and we've never gotten a non workout DVD. The Carrie remake comes out this month right? I think that could be a fun movie ticket idea I'd love to see.
The biggest _Divergent_ fan I am aware of is a thirty-year-old dude! My kid brother (not the 30-yo) reads a lot of young adult stuff because he runs YA reading programs for his library -- and he's 38. And I can actually see them sending another YA book since the first book they sent was _The Perks of Being a Wallflower_. But I can't see them sending out tickets to a big movie. Something completely off our radar, sure, like _The Perks..._. But _Carrie_? That just seems way too has-a-big-marketing-campaign for PopSugar. Maybe a copy of a book that has a film version coming out. Or tickets to _Kill Your Darlings_ and a copy of something from Kerouac, Ginsberg, and/or Burroughs. That would be amazing.

I have a question for the popsugar pros:)

I ordered 3 months and cancelled so I could re-sub with the 3 month price for november, but they closed my october box so I won't be getting it... even though it is paid for.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I haven't dealt with popsugar CS so I am a little nervous ( I haven't recieved any reply in two days... but I might just be a little too crazy since I really don't want to miss out on October!!)

Thanks ladies!

Quote: Originally Posted by katiew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have a question for the popsugar pros:)

I ordered 3 months and cancelled so I could re-sub with the 3 month price for november, but they closed my october box so I won't be getting it... even though it is paid for.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I haven't dealt with popsugar CS so I am a little nervous ( I haven't recieved any reply in two days... but I might just be a little too crazy since I really don't want to miss out on October!!)

Thanks ladies!
They a re usually very helpful. However, I am not sure how many extra october boxes they can accomodate. If you received an email you were getting October, then definitely contact them. Otherwise, befire cancelling check their site what box is nex, they are usually sold out one or two months ahead. However, I once got an earlier box off the waitlist.

Quote: Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering if anyone had been charged?

Will probably be this Friday.  I've noticed that they've been initiating charges on the first Friday of the month the past couple of months -- HTH.

I agree with the Pink/Breast Cancer items (at least one) and candy in the Oct box. 

It's crazy how some people have to wait for their first box.. I remember when I signed up, I got the box I wanted and there was no wait list. But yet again, I signed up after the disappointing April box. I guess popsugar must-have has gotten much popular. I hope that means better boxes for us ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's crazy how some people have to wait for their first box.. I remember when I signed up, I got the box I wanted and there was no wait list. But yet again, I signed up after the disappointing April box. I guess popsugar must-have has gotten much popular. I hope that means better boxes for us ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I signed up towards the beginning of September and I should be getting the October box. So I'm happy the wait isn't super long!

I got charged today :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I want a candle so badly...I have no clue why but I do. I want one I really really want one lol.

I really don't understand my logic why can't I just go get one instead of wishing and crossing my fingers that I get one in my boxes 
icon_scratch.gif

Anyone notice the price increase on musthave.popsugar.com? It says starting 11/4/2013 the price is $39.95/month. I really hope they continue to honor the existing customers price of $35/month. Or at least raise the value of the box.

Quote: Originally Posted by christinef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anyone notice the price increase on musthave.popsugar.com? It says starting 11/4/2013 the price is $39.95/month. I really hope they continue to honor the existing customers price of $35/month. Or at least raise the value of the box.

I just noticed that...I don't know how to feel about that. I agree with you that if they raise the value of the price as well then it will not be so bad. But if they value remains the same and the price goes up, not sure how much longer I would stay with them. 

hmmmm that is almost pushing it price wise for me... i just bought 3 months glad i locked that in at least

Same...After my January box! I might have to let this one go, unless they offer better discounts on multiple months.

Quote: Originally Posted by christinef /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the heads up!  

In the FAQ, they say:

"We will be increasing the price of all subscriptions effective Nov. 4, 2013, as follows:

• Monthly - $39.95. Autorenews at $39.95 per month.
  • 3 Months - $109.85. Prepay and save $10. Autorenews at $39.95 per month thereafter.
  • 6 Months - $214.70. Prepay and save $25. Autorenews at $39.95 per month thereafter.
  • 12 Months - $404.40. Prepay and save $75. Autorenews at $39.95 per month thereafter.
Prior to this price increase, we will be offering the option to upgrade and extend your subscription for an additional 3, 6, or 12 months at the current pricing, after which your subscription will autorenew at the new price of $39.95 + tax. We're looking forward to continuing to improve our Must Have boxes with fun and exciting products each month!"

(here: https://musthave.popsugar.com/frequently-asked-questions )

I think I'm going to "upgrade and extend" my subscription NOW to lock in the lower rate, at least for another 3 months....

Good question...i imagine unless you have a prepaid package acct, like a yearly, it will go up. If you scroll to the sign up part it says the first box is the 35 and then auto renew gets hiked. Usually it would say sign up before the price increase or something along those lines. Interesting, in CA that brings it closer to 45

Thanks for the heads up!   In the FAQ, they say: "We will be increasing the price of all subscriptions effective Nov. 4, 2013, as follows:
  • Monthly - $39.95. Autorenews at $39.95 per month.
  • 3 Months - $109.85. Prepay and save $10. Autorenews at $39.95 per month thereafter.
  • 6 Months - $214.70. Prepay and save $25. Autorenews at $39.95 per month thereafter.
  • 12 Months - $404.40. Prepay and save $75. Autorenews at $39.95 per month thereafter.
Prior to this price increase, we will be offering the option to upgrade and extend your subscription for an additional 3, 6, or 12 months at the current pricing, after which your subscription will autorenew at the new price of $39.95 + tax. We're looking forward to continuing to improve our Must Have boxes with fun and exciting products each month!" (here: https://musthave.popsugar.com/frequently-asked-questions  ) I think I'm going to "upgrade and extend" my subscription NOW to lock in the lower rate, at least for another 3 months....
wow , they're increasing by 4.95 with taxes I will end up paying $ 42-43. I really hope that means that the value of the box will go up because this is just ridiculous.

Oh no...I JUST bought another 3 months but I probably would have done six had I known this...

ETA: It looks like you can add another three on easily. Hmm, I'll have to think about it.

Hmmm well since my birthday happens to be on November 4th I guess I'll be gifting myself with a 6 month membership this year.

Back