[SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Holly Higgins LOVES me!!  

The Military Box, note the bags in upper left hand corner that will become part of a send out.  The intricate pattern of box top is too elegant!

A beautiful set of flavored Burt's Bees lip balms that will be split up and loved by 4 ladies in AFG!  Do you know how psyched they are going to be?  They can't even go into town (Kabul) to go shopping.  Women not allowed on street alone.

Oh, how cute are these?  Mini-brush sets, just a bit larger then a lip stick, 5 brushes in each lucite case!  

Mini-mascaras!  Minis are loved, I was told that the ladies love minis that they can slip in the many pockets of their uniform.  Also if and when the they need to bug-out, they are lighter to carry and already in pocket.

Chi Silk Infusion for hair and skin!  This is just so perfect.  Have been told that bathing water is highly chlorinated in AFG and is hard on both skin and hair, these silk protein products will be just what the doctor ordered!

Thank you, thank you Holly HIggins, MUAH!!  I really like saying your name, Holly Higgins!  These little pebble are going to ripple all the way to AFG and smiles will be had!

That is so kind of you to ask for things to send to the military, and it is so thoughtful of her to send two boxes as a result! I'm really impressed with the generosity of everyone on here.

Quote: Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Military Box, note the bags in upper left hand corner that will become part of a send out.  The intricate pattern of box top is tre elegant!

A beautiful set of flavored Burt's Bees lip balms that will be split up and loved by 4 ladies in AFG!  Do you know how psyched they are going to be?  They can't even go into town (Kabul) to go shopping.  Women not allowed on street alone.

The cutest mini-brush sets, they are just a bit larger then a lip stick, 5 brushes.

Mini-mascaras!  

Chi Silk Infusion for hair and skin!  This is just so perfect.  Have been told that bathing water is highly chlorinated in AFG and is hard on both skin and hair, these silk protein products will be just what the doctor ordered!

Such cool gifts!  Would you be willing to take donations from other women to send out in the military boxes?  I read an article a few months ago about the difficulty of getting girly products while serving and I've been looking for a way to help.

Oh Holly Higgins LOVES me!!   The Military Box, note the bags in upper left hand corner that will become part of a send out.  The intricate pattern of box top is too elegant! A beautiful set of flavored Burt's Bees lip balms that will be split up and loved by 4 ladies in AFG!  Do you know how psyched they are going to be?  They can't even go into town (Kabul) to go shopping.  Women not allowed on street alone. Oh, how cute are these?  Mini-brush sets, just a bit larger then a lip stick, 5 brushes in each lucite case!   Mini-mascaras!   Chi Silk Infusion for hair and skin!  This is just so perfect.  Have been told that bathing water is highly chlorinated in AFG and is hard on both skin and hair, these silk protein products will be just what the doctor ordered! Thanks Holly, MUAH!!  These little pebble are going to ripple all the way to AFG and smiles will be had!
So glad these will help you out! I wish I could have sent more! If your ever need anything throughout the year don't hesitate to ask!

Quote: Originally Posted by utgal2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Such cool gifts!  Would you be willing to take donations from other women to send out in the military boxes?  I read an article a few months ago about the difficulty of getting girly products while serving and I've been looking for a way to help.
I would very much appreciate of donations!  Thank you for inquring!  I usually send out one box each moth with 6  to 10 bags.  

Body lotions, face creamss, eye-liner, mascara and lip blams are usually part of the line up.   Please make sure that products are at least 6 months from expiration.  

I shy away from drug-store items since the idea is to make it a little treat.  All military personel are able to buy unisex basics from the local PX, but nothing more.    They'll need to order anything else they need online and here's the problem, most online retailers won't ship to APOs.  So it's Dial soap or nothing and vasoline based face and body lotions.  I'd go bunkers!  AFG's a real hardship post, locals are not kind to women their own or others.  

Just a little background, the male officer on the receiving end is requested by me to personally put each bag in the hands of a female military personel, as black markets exist.  As he writes 'I spread the wealth across, to the US, British and Belgium females.'

I support this particular camp and their mission because they are disarming IED in the civilian mine-fields where children play. 

(I edited and included comprehensive text for ease...Take a peak at this to get an idea 
smile.gif
...    Wanated: Secret Santa's Wish List)

Hotel products are fine if they are from 4 or 5 star hotels or are quality branded toiletries.  I.e., Hilton (Peter Thomas Roth), Kimptom (Biglow and Etros), Holiday Inn (BBW), Four Seaons (L'Occitane), etc...  Just no Quality Inn peoducts, please.   

Thanks for inquiring :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...  

Oh, please no bright lipsticks, nail polish, eye-shadows (neutrals and earthy are okay), primers, foundation and powders.  They've got limited storage and time to get ready in the morning.  Foot and body powder are good though.  Otherthings could be good too, just put yourself in their shoes and think what you'd like if you were in AFG for a year.

I would very much appreciate of donations!  I usually send out one box each moth with 6  to 10 bags.   Just a little background, the male officer on the receiving end is requested by me to personally put each bag in the hand of a female military personel, as black markets exists.  As he writes 'I spread the wealth across, to the US, British and Belgium female personel.' I support this particular camp and their mission because they are disarming IED in the civilian mine fields where children play.  Take a peak at this to get an idea :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...    Wanated: Secret Santa's Wish List
This is why I spoiled you in your box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got a double shot from my SS DoubleShot!!

This is the box that is for me!!  Yeah, little ole' me!  I didm't ask for anything personally, just have a solid private stockpile of beauty products.

But am SOOOOOO excited.  Have squeezed, proded, shook and tried to read through the tissue paper to figure out what the snowy white tissue is covering.   Loved the card!

I'm going to try to be good for as long as possible and resist opening!

The entire box is in a gorgeous prestine snow theme, coordinated with muted earthy colors.  Card of snow flake, white and ever-green tissue paper with glitter.  My bed's got glitter all over it now 
cheer2.gif
...  The purple and white combo is a stunner!

A little background, I wanted to use the contents of my SS for the December batch of bags for AFG (pet project - Operation Beauty Deployment) and requested for appropriate products.

Holly sent me 2 boxes!!  One for the military and one for me!!!  I will unbox the military box and post next.
Everything looks so pretty!

The Military Box, note the bags in upper left hand corner that will become part of a send out.  The intricate pattern of box top is too elegant!

Oh, how cute are these?  Mini-brush sets, just a bit larger then a lip stick, 5 brushes in each lucite case!

Mini-mascaras!  Minis are loved, I was told that the ladies love minis that they can slip in the many pockets of their uniform.  Also if and when the they need to bug-out, they are lighter to carry and already in pocket.

Thank you, thank you Holly HIggins, MUAH!!  I really like saying your name, Holly Higgins!  These little pebble are going to ripple all the way to AFG and smiles will be had!
That is such a thoughtful gift it will make so many ladies happy.

Quote: Originally Posted by DoubleShot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is why I spoiled you in your box
smile.gif

I KNOW!!!  I am sitting here drinking Angry Orchard Hard Cider and typing this up and just basking in seratonine right now!!! 

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!   THANK YOU~~

sunshine.gif

cloud9.gif

cloud9.gif

brrrr.gif

brrrr.gif

brrrr.gif

hugss.gif
hugss.gif
hugss.gif
hugss.gif

I KNOW!!!  I am sitting here drinking Angry Orchard Hard Cider and typing this up and just basking in seratonin right now!!!
I'm jumping up and down with excitement for you to open. Not really, but I'm so excited! I really hope you like what I got you. I had so many indecisive moments shopping. "Would she like this?" :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm jumping up and down with excitement for you to open. Not really, but I'm so excited! I really hope you like what I got you. I had so many indecisive moments shopping. "Would she like this?"
smile.gif

No, I'm going to wait until...  Oh who am I kidding?  I picked out 2 to open:

Juice Beauty!  This is actually my very favoirte brand of lip gloss!!!  How did you know?  I didn't write it anywhere, did I?  They are the only non-sticky gloss out there, like in the world!   AND I was just looking at a gold gloss in Serphora last Wednesday to go over the red lippies during the holidays!  I really wanted to purchase the Elemental Lipgloss set from Sephora just for the gold gloss.  Oh my gooseness!!  How did you know!??!?!   (the horizontal one is mine that I got from a sub and have been using sparingly)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!  Blood Orange is my spring and summer favorite!  Am going to keep this in fridge and 'un-cork' in April.  Look what I got!  Holly loves me!!  Do you have ESPN?

inlove.gif

Or you could, you know, open all of them ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm opening everything when I get it. I much prefer to think of every day between thanksgiving and New Years as Christmas! And then you can enjoy it leading up to the holidays.

No, I'm going to wait until...  Oh who am I kidding?  I picked out 2 to open: Juice Beauty!  This is actually my very favoirte brand of lip gloss!!!  How did you know?  I didn't write it anywhere, did I?  They are the only non-sticky gloss out there, like in the world!   AND I was just looking at a gold gloss in Serphora last Wednesday to go over the red lippies during the holidays!  I really wanted to purchase the Elemental Lipgloss set from Sephora just for the gold gloss.  Oh my gooseness!!  How did you know!??!?!   (the horizontal one is mine that I got from a sub and have been using sparingly) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!  Blood Orange is my spring and summer favorite!  Am going to keep this in fridge and 'un-cork' in April.  Look what I got!  Holly loves me!!  Do you have ESPN? :inlove:  
They're my favorite too! So glad you like them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Everything looks so pretty!
I want to just set it up and look at it everyday.  Of course I CAN open everything and set it up in the box and still look at them!

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That is such a thoughtful gift it will make so many ladies happy.
Yeah!  I am so excited!!!  I don't know what they look like but I've seen photos of the women in AFG and they usually wear a scarf to cover their hair when they are out in the local towns to talk to the women to try to make changes from within.

Oh yes for folks that would like to donate - if you receive a large square scarf, large enough to cover head and neck and you are just not into it, send it over my way!

I really adore this scarf Holly!  

I don't wear scarves because they are usully large, bulky and is added weight (3 pounds is all I can bear with multi-level crap neck discs, so that's keys, 3-item make-up bag, case files and neck brace).  But this is sooooo light, soft and no big bunches of fabric hanging around the neck pressing into tender spots.

The moss-green and the brown is just styling!  Will be nice and warm in the NYC subway and on the street level with my new scarf and looking sharp with gold-gloss over red lipstic!  

I really adore this scarf Holly!   I don't wear scarves because they are usully large, bulky and is added weight (3 pounds is all I can bear with multi-level crap neck discs, so that's keys, 3-item make-up bag, case files and neck brace).  But this is sooooo light, soft and no big bunches of fabric hanging around the neck pressing into tender spots. The moss-green and the brown is just styling!  Will be nice and warm in the NYC subway and on the street level with my new scarf and looking sharp with gold-gloss over red lipstic!  
You poor thing! I'm glad you'll be able to wear them!

You poor thing! I'm glad you'll be able to wear them!

I count myself lucky, before the operation, I couldn't even turn my neck!   

I've been able to develope new linguist career with NYC Law Department over last 18 months.   I used to do retail and marketing for Leapfrog into Greater China in San Francisco and things are physicallly demanding in a normal way... walk fast, carry lap top, flex neck downward etc...  But now I help prosecutors put criminals away and I can do this with very little demand to my neck.   My life path is very strange and there' like no linear path.

It must be great working for Ulta!  You get to be around all these pretties and 'test drive' new products.  

Latest posts

Back