(SPOILERS!) Secret Santa FOR NAILS 2013 Presents Revealed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Animezing /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I shipped my SS (nails) gifts in a flat rate priority box on Sat. & was told that the package would be delivered by Tues. However, tracking not only shows that it has NOT been delivered but it stopped updating the moment it left my town. I went to the Post Office that I delivered the package from & was told to call Consumer Affairs. When I called I was told that I can file a claim in 30 days. Hello, I don't want to file a claim I want my box!!! I'm really hoping that this is all a mistake and the box will get delivered soon. So now I'm wondering if I should put together another box for my Santee? I would feel horrible if the package was "lost" & she has nothing to open for Christmas.
frown.gif

What do you guys suggest?

So this is a bit doom and gloom, so I am sorry, but I've had extensive experience with the post office unfortunately.

I have to say that (related to the conversation above) it is possible it was discovered that nail polish was in the box and it has been confiscated.  You should know (eventually) if that is what happened though because (if there was a return address) you will be fined. I dunno if the polish will also be returned to you. Disregard this if you did ship ground like you're 'supposed' to :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have to say too that the only times something stopped updating for more than 3 or 4 days for me, it was lost forever. It's also hard to succeed on a claim- very hard.  Once the Post office lost a textbook I was shipping for close to 100 dollars and they would not ultimately do anything for me since I hadn't purchased insurance.

That all said, I don't really know what to tell you to do?  I guess maybe have an elf contact your santee just to make sure they haven't actually received it as a first step? I think if it is lost it would be nice if you could make her another box but I know money is not limitless?

I am really sorry this is happening to you it is a rough rough situation.

Quote: Originally Posted by Animezing /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I shipped my SS (nails) gifts in a flat rate priority box on Sat. & was told that the package would be delivered by Tues. However, tracking not only shows that it has NOT been delivered but it stopped updating the moment it left my town. I went to the Post Office that I delivered the package from & was told to call Consumer Affairs. When I called I was told that I can file a claim in 30 days. Hello, I don't want to file a claim I want my box!!! I'm really hoping that this is all a mistake and the box will get delivered soon. So now I'm wondering if I should put together another box for my Santee? I would feel horrible if the package was "lost" & she has nothing to open for Christmas.
frown.gif

What do you guys suggest?
I am having nothing but trouble with the USPS since last week.  They delayed at least one package that was 2 day priority mail and they just plain didn't deliver another one to me and told me to go get it. SOOOO... It's a tough call.  I would personally just keep checking it and if you have stuff you can send maybe start to get it together but hold off on sending it just a few more days.  The whole situation just sucks.

@Animezing I would wait until next Thurs. If package not received and still no word, I would mail off another for Sat. That would be the 14th and deadline since the 15th is a Sunday. I really hope your santee gets there package. That really is a hard pill to swallow. I know money can be tight around the holidays and sooo many packages go missing due to the sheer volume. We will just have to trust that it will find its way.

So this is a bit doom and gloom, so I am sorry, but I've had extensive experience with the post office unfortunately. I have to say that (related to the conversation above) it is possible it was discovered that nail polish was in the box and it has been confiscated.  You should know (eventually) if that is what happened though because (if there was a return address) you will be fined. I dunno if the polish will also be returned to you. Disregard this if you did ship ground like you're 'supposed' to :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have to say too that the only times something stopped updating for more than 3 or 4 days for me, it was lost forever. It's also hard to succeed on a claim- very hard.  Once the Post office lost a textbook I was shipping for close to 100 dollars and they would not ultimately do anything for me since I hadn't purchased insurance. That all said, I don't really know what to tell you to do?  I guess maybe have an elf contact your santee just to make sure they haven't actually received it as a first step? I think if it is lost it would be nice if you could make her another box but I know money is not limitless? I am really sorry this is happening to you it is a rough rough situation.
Okay, this scared me. Do you know how much the fine will be? 

I didn't know that they fine you for sending polish without disclosure. I guess they must have x-rayed it. How would they have known?

To my surprise, I received a package in the mail yesterday. I don't normally get anything but bills so this was truly exciting! However, I was running late for work so I didn't have a chance to open it until afterwards. My favorite part was the outside of the box and how the card was embedded into it!! However I can't show that so I'll move on. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

At first I thought you had sent me a pair of earrings which totally caught me off guard. I thought you may have made a mistake when wrapping. Lol! Soon enough I realized they were just apart of the beautiful little ribbon holding a lovely new bottle in its wrapping. When I opened it I felt a pure and simple joy. Not because I got a gift but rather because someone put a lot of thought and effort into it all. Thank you.

You're so bad! Lol. I should send you some polish named after coal! You're too sweet Donna. I truly appreciate the gift and especially the card. I'll turn a blind eye and pretend I don't know how much you spent but you really shouldn't have. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. I never would have imagined I'd become apart of such a loving and supportive community. I don't even know which to start with. I'm especially curious about the bottom three of the Nails Inc. When I saw the Butter London I was instantly reminded of wine. Love the color hate the taste. So I bought some bourbon whiskey to go with my mani night (Day off yay!). :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You're killing me Donna. <3 I wish I had participated now. I feel so bad not having even been apart of this and receiving something. I tried posting here earlier but there was no button to quote and no place to reply. It turns out the mobile version doesn't show you the pop-up that tells you this is part of a group you need to join to be able to post in. Thank you again Donna. I know where you live now. I will have my gift revenge! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am having nothing but trouble with the USPS since last week.  They delayed at least one package that was 2 day priority mail and they just plain didn't deliver another one to me and told me to go get it. SOOOO... It's a tough call.  I would personally just keep checking it and if you have stuff you can send maybe start to get it together but hold off on sending it just a few more days.  The whole situation just sucks.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Animezing I would wait until next Thurs. If package not received and still no word, I would mail off another for Sat. That would be the 14th and deadline since the 15th is a Sunday. I really hope your santee gets there package. That really is a hard pill to swallow. I know money can be tight around the holidays and sooo many packages go missing due to the sheer volume. We will just have to trust that it will find its way.
I hope you're right & the box is just delayed.

If I were the Santee and the package had gone missing I would be 100% happy with a wrapped up bottle or two from your stash and a note explaining what had happened. Hugs to you!

I often have issues with the PO, but they've definitely been worse this week.  I guess the huge volume of web sales over the weekend really are causing some issues.  A lot of times, my packages get to my local sort facility and then spin around there for DAYS (even after they say they have "departed" the sort facility) before they are finally sent to my local PO.

Start here:

http://faq.usps.com/adaptivedesktop/faq.jsp?ef=USPSFAQ&dest=EmailUs

Tell them it's a problem "receiving mail" so you can put in the package ID.  If it has -- for some reason -- been sitting around the PO or a sort facility, that may give it the butt-kick it needs to get moving.  It has happened so many times to me that I'm beginning to think that there's a bin with packages that "look interesting" that sit aside somewhere at the PO waiting to see if anyone asks about them.  I think too many people are too quick to call the merchant, who will usually just resend the item eventually if there's no proof that it was delivered, rather than trying to get the USPS to find it.

Filing a claim only comes later, when it's absolutely, irretrievably lost.

In the meantime, I'd have an "elf" contact your Santee to explain the situation.  I'm sure something can be worked out among you all.

Hope this helps.

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I were the Santee and the package had gone missing I would be 100% happy with a wrapped up bottle or two from your stash and a note explaining what had happened. Hugs to you!
Me too! I absolutely would not expect you to replace the whole gift and send it a second time.  @Animezing So sorry this happened to you!  It's my fear every time I go to USPS.  Fingers crossed that it pops up very soon! 
7dh.gif

I didn't know that they fine you for sending polish without disclosure. I guess they must have x-rayed it. How would they have known?
I didn't know either. Otherwise, I would have ordered through Nordstrom's and have them ship out he polish. I think if it doesn't update soon that's probably what I'll end up doing.

@Parasoul that was a nice surprise and gifts. Enjoy your mani and cocktails!!

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I often have issues with the PO, but they've definitely been worse this week.  I guess the huge volume of web sales over the weekend really are causing some issues.  A lot of times, my packages get to my local sort facility and then spin around there for DAYS (even after they say they have "departed" the sort facility) before they are finally sent to my local PO.

Start here:

http://faq.usps.com/adaptivedesktop/faq.jsp?ef=USPSFAQ&dest=EmailUs

Tell them it's a problem "receiving mail" so you can put in the package ID.  If it has -- for some reason -- been sitting around the PO or a sort facility, that may give it the butt-kick it needs to get moving.  It has happened so many times to me that I'm beginning to think that there's a bin with packages that "look interesting" that sit aside somewhere at the PO waiting to see if anyone asks about them.  I think too many people are too quick to call the merchant, who will usually just resend the item eventually if there's no proof that it was delivered, rather than trying to get the USPS to find it.

Filing a claim only comes later, when it's absolutely, irretrievably lost.

In the meantime, I'd have an "elf" contact your Santee to explain the situation.  I'm sure something can be worked out among you all.

Hope this helps.

Quote: Originally Posted by utgal2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Me too! I absolutely would not expect you to replace the whole gift and send it a second time.  @Animezing So sorry this happened to you!  It's my fear every time I go to USPS.  Fingers crossed that it pops up very soon! 
7dh.gif

Thanks everyone, I'm hoping the box turns up soon.

I think how they usually find out (when they do) is that the polish breaks and the smell makes it get pulled for inspection.  Some packages are randomly opened or not randomly if they are suspicious for some reason.  I used to have a lot of my media mail that I'd send get opened to make sure it really was media mail for some reason.

Anyway, I do want to stress that I do not think that this is something that often happens.  I think it is very rare.  However, I do know that it sometimes happens.  My mailman talked to me about it one day when I was trying to send him with some polish.  Since then I've sent most  ground even though it both took longer and cost more because he kind of scared me.  

As for the fine I am not sure of the exact amount? There is a sign in my post office about this but I can't remember it right now. I think it can vary? Probably you also can fight it in the unlikely event that this is what happened, but I am not sure how 
nixweiss.gif

I do want to stress, really, that I am not meaning to scare anyone in any way.  I have never known anyone this personally happened to, I just know it can, hypothetically happen.

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think how they usually find out (when they do) is that the polish breaks and the smell makes it get pulled for inspection.  Some packages are randomly opened or not randomly if they are suspicious for some reason.  I used to have a lot of my media mail that I'd send get opened to make sure it really was media mail for some reason.

Anyway, I do want to stress that I do not think that this is something that often happens.  I think it is very rare.  However, I do know that it sometimes happens.  My mailman talked to me about it one day when I was trying to send him with some polish.  Since then I've sent most  ground even though it both took longer and cost more because he kind of scared me.

As for the fine I am not sure of the exact amount? There is a sign in my post office about this but I can't remember it right now. I think it can vary? Probably you also can fight it in the unlikely event that this is what happened, but I am not sure how 
nixweiss.gif

I do want to stress, really, that I am not meaning to scare anyone in any way.  I have never known anyone this personally happened to, I just know it can, hypothetically happen.
@tulosai thanks for the info. I'm glad you told me about the fine cause it's something I didn't know about and will look into. Hopefully, it's just stuck and if not then I'll just place an order with Nordy's that way I won't have to deal with the whole shipment process.

Quote: Originally Posted by Parasoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To my surprise, I received a package in the mail yesterday. I don't normally get anything but bills so this was truly exciting! However, I was running late for work so I didn't have a chance to open it until afterwards.

My favorite part was the outside of the box and how the card was embedded into it!! However I can't show that so I'll move on.
frown.gif

At first I thought you had sent me a pair of earrings which totally caught me off guard. I thought you may have made a mistake when wrapping. Lol! Soon enough I realized they were just apart of the beautiful little ribbon holding a lovely new bottle in its wrapping. When I opened it I felt a pure and simple joy. Not because I got a gift but rather because someone put a lot of thought and effort into it all. Thank you.
You're so bad! Lol. I should send you some polish named after coal! You're too sweet Donna. I truly appreciate the gift and especially the card. I'll turn a blind eye and pretend I don't know how much you spent but you really shouldn't have.
frown.gif

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. I never would have imagined I'd become apart of such a loving and supportive community.

I don't even know which to start with. I'm especially curious about the bottom three of the Nails Inc. When I saw the Butter London I was instantly reminded of wine. Love the color hate the taste. So I bought some bourbon whiskey to go with my mani night (Day off yay!).
biggrin.gif

You're killing me Donna. <3

I wish I had participated now. I feel so bad not having even been apart of this and receiving something. I tried posting here earlier but there was no button to quote and no place to reply. It turns out the mobile version doesn't show you the pop-up that tells you this is part of a group you need to join to be able to post in.

Thank you again Donna. I know where you live now. I will have my gift revenge!
smile.gif
That was so sweet of @DonnaD. The best gifts are always the ones you don't expect. Enjoy your goodies. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had the worst morning... No alarm set, overslept a bit. And, my hair dryer blew up half-way drying my hair. So, I opened a few more SS gifts to cheer myself up. Yay! I love this Sephora perfect pair mini duo. What a cute color combination! Awesome. I actually don't own any Sephora OPI really. So, I am also looking forward to trying this brand. Yay!

Quote: Originally Posted by Pollysmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm probably not going to tell them either. I mean, seriously, Julep, Square Hue, they only take a few days (usually) to get where they're going, do you think that stuff goes by ground??
I had a couple of Illumasqua in my cart on Sephora and a message popped up that said: Must be sent via UPS Ground.   I had other polish in the cart so I pulled out the Illumasqua and the warning went away.   I'm guessing the 3/5 free polishes don't present a problem?    Anyway I'm going to venture out to the Mall to get the polish sometime next week.  

Quote: Originally Posted by FrostKitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had a couple of Illumasqua in my cart on Sephora and a message popped up that said: Must be sent via UPS Ground.   I had other polish in the cart so I pulled out the Illumasqua and the warning went away.   I'm guessing the 3/5 free polishes don't present a problem?    Anyway I'm going to venture out to the Mall to get the polish sometime next week.  
UPS ground is actually pretty fast. That's how shipped my packages. I shipped yesterday and both should be at their destinations by Monday. 

Back