SquareHue January 2015 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@DragonChick, I noticed that the top coat has a pink tint and thought it was weird, especially since the base coat is clear. I use an OPI base/top coat a lot and they are the opposite (pink base/clear top). I haven't tried them yet, but please let us know if you email them and their response because sometimes their labels have had errors.
This was exactly my thinking! I thought it was strange for the topcoat to have a pink tint to it. Usually the base coats have tints (blue or pink, RH's is blue)

I wonder if they used "over x number of boxes" taken as a metric for the nail care gift.
Could be, but I've gotten more boxes than some others who have posted they got it.

As I said, it's childish.  It's like watching your sister unwrap a bicycle and you got coal.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit:  Just had a thought -- they may be sending the gift sets to those who have active accounts.  Mine's "suspended" since I haven't wanted any of the last few boxes.  I've been sort of kidding with my "sulking" comments; it's truly SquareHue's business whom they want to send gifts to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my tracking! I went ahead and got this month to see what the decades collection would be like, but I really hope they start doing previews again! I love getting surprise polishes in the mail, but I really wish they would at least preview the upcoming month. I need to see more than a black and white picture!

This was exactly my thinking! I thought it was strange for the topcoat to have a pink tint to it. Usually the base coats have tints (blue or pink, RH's is blue)
The topcoat reminded me of the Nails Inc. Kensington Caviar top coat. It has a peachy-pink tint to it.

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. But we get out mail really late in the day so I'm sure someone else will spoil it first.

I didn't have enough info or courage to re-up for January, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what other subscribers get.  Hoping for some "wow" finishes, and colors that aren't repeats.  Just don't know how they're picking colors for the decades -- ones that were popular for nail polish at the time, clothing, decor?  Is it random but they're sticking a decade name on it?  I don't think women, at least "nice" women, wore nail polish in the 1900s.  Anyway, will be fun to see what SqH does with the theme.

Ok..so on the website they are advertising for February (1910) and it has another black and white portrait. However, this time there is also a polish in the middle of the ad that is kind of a coral color. Is this the preview for next month? It's just so weird to me that SquareHue went from monthly (color) previews to these black and white pictures--are they still doing sneak peeks or wanting the box to be a mystery every month?

Well, if that ORANGE polish is in the February box, I'm not reactivating my sub.  What IS IT with SquareHue and orange?!?!?

<feeling sulky>

Well, if that ORANGE polish is in the February box, I'm not reactivating my sub. What IS IT with SquareHue and orange?!?!?

<feeling sulky>
And yellows?

My guess for January box is a slate grey, a pale yellow, and brick red. I don't know why I think that's the colors we are getting but that's my feeling.

Just saw a spoiler on instagram. I got one guess right and maybe a second can't really tell. My box wont be here till tomorrow. Can't wait to see somebody's that got theirs today.

Mine came before I left for work, which is where I am now, so I can't photograph the colors. But...

the colors are a dusty light pink, a light gray that looks to have some shimmer to it, and a deep pinky purple that also looked shimmery, though all the colors were described as high gloss cremes.
I will post pictures when I get home, if no one else has by then.

Just saw a spoiler on instagram. I got one guess right and maybe a second can't really tell. My box wont be here till tomorrow. Can't wait to see somebody's that got theirs today.
Instagram link please?  Can't find the picture.  The color descriptions sound nice.

EDIT:  Nm, here's one plus I found another:  http://iconosquare.com/p/889394350322121754_1653102

Pretty!  Can't quite tell what the third color is though.  I'm sorry I didn't get this box.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got mine at 5pm today. By then I had already had seen one posted on Instagram.  I'm very happy with them. 

Here's some quick spoiler pictures.

IMG_9107.jpg

IMG_9114.JPG

Gibson Girl - With quick swatch it seems pretty opaque. I like it as a very wearable shade of pink, at least for my skin color. I'm pretty pale.

IMG_9110.JPG

First Flight - Subtle sparkle in a dove gray color. Not too silvery looking. Another good neutral for my collection. 

IMG_9111.JPG

Victorian End - The group photos were a little dark since the sun had already set. This individual photo is a little closer to its true color.  It's a dark purple with more of a microglitter than the gray one or this picture shows. I think this one looks very nice. 

IMG_9108.JPG

I think they are 3 nice colors and go nicely together. 

I'll try to give them a go on my nails later tonight. 

Back