SquareHue: May 2014 SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine still hasn't changed. Filled out a complaint form online. I am so sick of everything I order not coming right now.

Hmm…  Now that I actually have my box, I'm not sure how I feel about these specific colors.  There's just something…  flat about Ipanema.  I can't figure out what it is.  Leblon is pretty, but I feel like I have something very close to this already.  I love Copacabana, but it wasn't what I was expecting based on the photo I saw, and I'm not really sure how much I'll actually wear this one since it seems like something that needs An Occasion, and I rarely if ever have those.  Over all, I guess I would give this a seven out of ten.  They have had much better boxes, but they have had much, much worse ones.  These aren't *bad*.  Just…  not thrilling.

But I'm very happy they went with three different finishes this month!  I hope they do that again next month.  I almost feel like they *have* to since we basically already saw the colors.  It would be a great big *yawn* if they did a box of creams in colors that they had already revealed during the voting process.

Oh, hey, in completely unrelated news, hello, 1990!  I had *no clue* I had Deee-Lite's _World Clique_ on my hard drive.  This *will* be the album of the evening!

Facebook update:

We understand that some of you may be experiencing delays on the delivery of your RIO Collection - shipped on 04/30 via USPS First Class mail. We’ve been in contact with the Postmaster for the past few days and want to assure you we are doing everything we can to expedite the delivery of your SquareHue box. The USPS has been known to get overloaded on a few occasions prior to a major national holiday, and this seems to be the case at this time. We will post updates as they become available. Thank you for your patience and for your continued support! We love you! the HueCrew.

I just have this image in my head of my poor little box sitting with some poor other little boxes abandoned by USPS at a loading dock in Miami for the past 8 days.

Mine finally updated to out for delivery today! But I won't believe it till I'm holding the box in my hands. I had to go to the post office the other day to pick up my ipsy bag because my carrier just decided not to deliver. And that was the 2nd bag because the first went "out for delivery" and never made it to me. So, yeah, I've been having bad mail luck lately.

You might be shocked at how much stuff gets sent for Morher's Day.

Mother's Day. You'd be surprised at how much stuff is promoted for and sent out for Mother's Day. The level of marketing for it is almost as bad as Christmas time.
Duh, me!  Still, if the boxes were sent almost two weeks before Mother's Day, you'd think they would have all gotten out of the post office.  Oh well, I don't have a cowboy in this rodeo.

I got my box, too! I'm also really glad that SquareHue sent out an email this morning discussing the situation--I really hate having to rely on facebook or social media to get updates. 

I got my box, too! I'm also really glad that SquareHue sent out an email this morning discussing the situation--I really hate having to rely on facebook or social media to get updates. 
Were you the one who said that they should email it instead of facebooking it the other day? I ended up saying that in a comment and they replied and said that was a good idea and they would! Hopefully they do that more in the future.

And mine was out for delivery today! This was literally the one time my mail didn't come before noon so I wasn't able to get it before I left for work. My apartment office will be closed by the time I get home so hopefully they were able to just stick it in my mailbox since it's small. I can't remember what they did with my BOGO box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you the one who said that they should email it instead of facebooking it the other day? I ended up saying that in a comment and they replied and said that was a good idea and they would! Hopefully they do that more in the future.

And mine was out for delivery today! This was literally the one time my mail didn't come before noon so I wasn't able to get it before I left for work. My apartment office will be closed by the time I get home so hopefully they were able to just stick it in my mailbox since it's small. I can't remember what they did with my BOGO box.
I did say here that I wish they would email! Thanks for passing it on to them! Maybe you should get some kind of bonus for helping them with customer service!

I hope you're able to get your box! I really like this month's colors!

I did say here that I wish they would email! Thanks for passing it on to them! Maybe you should get some kind of bonus for helping them with customer service!

I hope you're able to get your box! I really like this month's colors!
Thanks!! It was waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home last night! I love these colors! 

Got my box yesterday; here are swatches of Lebion, Ipanema and Copacabana (indoor light, direct sunlight, indirect sunlight). 

P1030064 (800x601).jpg

P1030066 (800x601).jpg

P1030067 (800x601).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back