Starlooks Ambassador Program

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  From the Email:

"So, as long as you stay a Starlooks Ambassador, and continue to bring referred product
purchases and subscriptions to Starbox, we will keep you subscribed to your own Starbox each month at no cost to you.
That’s right, Starbox will be FREE for YOU, and will be mailed to your doorstep every month! You can cancel your
ambassadorship at any time, and join back up any time, but as long as you continue to bring in business each month,
you’ll always be one of our representatives, and continue to receive your FREE Starbox Subscription every month !!"

I want to know -- what if I referred 5 people this month? Does that mean I get 5 months free or just the next month? (I'm guessing it just means the next month) I can't control my friends and stagger their purchases. Most of the time if I share something with my friends they all sub at the same time.
Exactly! Hahahah. Plus some of my friends might just buy one item or whatever.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Exactly! Hahahah. Plus some of my friends might just buy one item or whatever.
@kawaiimeows I felt like I should steer the discussion here so it doesn't deter your friends from buying lol

My boyfriend is *very* much against multi-level marketing (and I guess this isn't really "multi" its starlooks > me > my friends) and he's afraid I'm going to end up in some weird cycle - like I want the next box for "free" so I make a purchase for myself using my own referral code if I didn't make a sale. I guess spending the $2 on the lip sugar is a lot cheaper than actually paying for the sub and there's always coupons too but..meh. Lol he's worried about us ambassadors.

I think it'll be a fun run while it lasts!

@kawaiimeows I felt like I should steer the discussion here so it doesn't deter your friends from buying lol

My boyfriend is *very* much against multi-level marketing (and I guess this isn't really "multi" its starlooks > me > my friends) and he's afraid I'm going to end up in some weird cycle - like I want the next box for "free" so I make a purchase for myself using my own referral code if I didn't make a sale. I guess spending the $2 on the lip sugar is a lot cheaper than actually paying for the sub and there's always coupons too but..meh. Lol he's worried about us ambassadors.

What if we all exchange our AP codes and buy a lip sugar each month with another user's code? That way it'll be a bit more legitimate than buying "from" yourself.

I've been waiting for my fiance to say the same thing. I'm the sucker who says "oh it's fun even if i have to spend $5 on an item because then I can get another box!" whereas he's a little more realistic bahahah. (i'm already talking him into getting his sister a december box for christmas since the bondi box fell through, he's probably going to kill me if i make him sign up for another thing)

I probably would have been FAR more apprehensive (especially after recent events here) if they were brand spanking new, but since Starlooks has been doing this for over a year I feel *slightly* more comfortable. 

Either way, I'm really interesting in using that 40% off code on a gem pencil, they're ridiculously gorgeous and I don't have any eyeliners like them.

Quote: Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What if we all exchange our AP codes and buy a lip sugar each month with another user's code? That way it'll be a bit more legitimate than buying "from" yourself.
I like it! hahahahah

I like it! hahahahah

biggrin.gif

How do we want to do this?

I've been waiting for my fiance to say the same thing. I'm the sucker who says "oh it's fun even if i have to spend $5 on an item because then I can get another box!" whereas he's a little more realistic bahahah. (i'm already talking him into getting his sister a december box for christmas since the bondi box fell through, he's probably going to kill me if i make him sign up for another thing)

I probably would have been FAR more apprehensive (especially after recent events here) if they were brand spanking new, but since Starlooks has been doing this for over a year I feel *slightly* more comfortable. 

Either way, I'm really interesting in using that 40% off code on a gem pencil, they're ridiculously gorgeous and I don't have any eyeliners like them.

Usually he's all down to check out swatches and play at Sephora with me and is willing to put up with me talking about trades...but I feel like he's waiting to jump on a "told ya so"! Also, yeah, I agree -- Starlooks isn't new so I'm not as nervous also we don't really have any skin in the game except for "politely" introducing our friends to Starlooks and then "reminding them" to use our AP codes ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Haha I'm game! This is exactly what my boyfriend was warning me about!

Usually he's all down to check out swatches and play at Sephora with me and is willing to put up with me talking about trades...but I feel like he's waiting to jump on a "told ya so"! Also, yeah, I agree -- Starlooks isn't new so I'm not as nervous also we don't really have any skin in the game except for "politely" introducing our friends to Starlooks and then "reminding them" to use our AP codes ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And this is where the addiction begins. But seriously I just want that $99 palette to play with.

Haha.Yes! I'm liking this plan because all we have to do is support each other by spending a mere $2 a month so we each have our referral code used and we keep getting boxes!!

And this is where the addiction begins. But seriously I just want that $99 palette to play with.

ME TOO!!!

@kawaiimeows  I felt like I should steer the discussion here so it doesn't deter your friends from buying lol My boyfriend is *very* much against multi-level marketing (and I guess this isn't really "multi" its starlooks > me > my friends) and he's afraid I'm going to end up in some weird cycle - like I want the next box for "free" so I make a purchase for myself using my own referral code if I didn't make a sale. I guess spending the $2 on the lip sugar is a lot cheaper than actually paying for the sub and there's always coupons too but..meh. Lol he's worried about us ambassadors. I think it'll be a fun run while it lasts!
Ah, too funny. I got the same response from my boyfriend. It's a conspiracy! I just figured it was worth a shot. Even if I don't make any sales this month & don't qualify for November, I still got a free October box & it's kind of fun planning a method for promoting. I wish there was a discount for using our reference code. It would be much easier to say 'use my referral code & get __% off!'

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, too funny. I got the same response from my boyfriend. It's a conspiracy!

I just figured it was worth a shot. Even if I don't make any sales this month & don't qualify for November, I still got a free October box & it's kind of fun planning a method for promoting.

I wish there was a discount for using our reference code. It would be much easier to say 'use my referral code & get __% off!'
well, there was a slip in the box for "get 40% off with code ____ from november 10th to december 15th" in the box, i assumed everyone could use it so i passed it on to a friend. it didn't really specify any details soooo.

well, there was a slip in the box for "get 40% off with code ____ from november 10th to december 15th" in the box, i assumed everyone could use it so i passed it on to a friend. it didn't really specify any details soooo.
Ohhh I forgot about that! 40% off is a decent incentive :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i asked about what happens if you don't have any orders/how many you need a month and this is what they told me.

Please tell anyone you’re referring to Starlooks to use your AP code. When they’ve made a makeup purchase and are checking out on our website, it asks “How did you hear about Starlooks?†Choose “Friend/Family†and a box will open for entering your code.  Anyone subscribing to Starbox will have the same opportunity on the subscription page. This is how we’ll track your referrals. (Remember, they have to sign up by the 10th of the month to receive that month’s Starbox.)

We'll keep sending you Starbox every month as long as you have at least 3 orders. However, if you have no orders generated for 3 months, we would discontinue your status as an Ambassador.

So now i'm wondering if they sign up for a subscription if that counts as an every month thing. 

Lol! It Looks like this is just a one box thing for me!

i asked about what happens if you don't have any orders/how many you need a month and this is what they told me. Please tell anyone you’re referring to Starlooks to use your AP code. When they’ve made a makeup purchase and are checking out on our website, it asks “How did you hear about Starlooks?†Choose “Friend/Family†and a box will open for entering your code.  Anyone subscribing to Starbox will have the same opportunity on the subscription page. This is how we’ll track your referrals. (Remember, they have to sign up by the 10th of the month to receive that month’s Starbox.) We'll keep sending you Starbox every month as long as you have at least 3 orders. However, if you have no orders generated for 3 months, we would discontinue your status as an Ambassador.

So now i'm wondering if they sign up for a subscription if that counts as an every month thing. 

So if we each buy from 3 other ambassadors, we'll all be good.I'm ready/in -- are the rest of you as well?

So if we each buy from 3 other ambassadors, we'll all be good.I'm ready/in -- are the rest of you as well?
sounds like we're all going to be getting a lot of lip sugars! 

Quote: Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  sounds like we're all going to be getting a lot of lip sugars! 

Yeah. But we can always give them to friends and hope to get more referrals that way!!

I signed up for this as well! I will now be creating multiple accounts and buying multiple lip sugars. hahahahaa

Back