Starlooks Ambassador Program

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So if we each buy from 3 other ambassadors, we'll all be good.I'm ready/in -- are the rest of you as well?
Nah...Sorry team. I really like free but this is more like "free" now and my boyfriend is wagging his finger at me and telling me "told ya so!" Besides, after getting the October box I kinda felt overwhelmed since I really don't need to accumulate so much *more* stuff *so* quickly. If I decide to jump back in though, I'm totally down to join the sugar scrub circle :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Nah...Sorry team. I really like free but this is more like "free" now and my boyfriend is wagging his finger at me and telling me "told ya so!" Besides, after getting the October box I kinda felt overwhelmed since I really don't need to accumulate so much *more* stuff *so* quickly. If I decide to jump back in though, I'm totally down to join the sugar scrub circle :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm feeling ya. 3 consistent orders every month is not something I'll be able to bring. One or two here or there? Maybe. But I have a small circle of friends, and whether Starlooks realizes it or not, students tend to be on the broke side and splurge "occasionally."

If I want their products bad enough, I'd rather just pay $15 a month for a box.

I signed up and my November box is on the way. It'll probably be a one time thing for me, too. I suck at referring people.

I see this has kind of been addressed already, but I emailed Robyn & asked about the November box since I didn't get my October box until a bit into November. 

Here's the response:

"As an ambassador, you may not initially get the most current Starbox. We send them out to subscribers and reviewers first. However, if you generate enough sales, you will continue to get the next Starbox, as it becomes available. If your sales are slow, you may only get a Starbox every second month. We'll probably make this judgement on an individual basis, but those are the guidelines.

Hope this clarifies it for you!"

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I see this has kind of been addressed already, but I emailed Robyn & asked about the November box since I didn't get my October box until a bit into November. 

Here's the response:

"As an ambassador, you may not initially get the most current Starbox. We send them out to subscribers and reviewers first. However, if you generate enough sales, you will continue to get the next Starbox, as it becomes available. If your sales are slow, you may only get a Starbox every second month. We'll probably make this judgement on an individual basis, but those are the guidelines.

Hope this clarifies it for you!"
Interesting. I wish the rules were more black and white. Or at least a little more clear on what constitutes sales slowing down and what not.

Just ignore me, this is probably the law student/former philosophy student in me being obsessive and analytical

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Interesting. I wish the rules were more black and white. Or at least a little more clear on what constitutes sales slowing down and what not.

Just ignore me, this is probably the law student/former philosophy student in me being obsessive and analytical
Oh no, I totally agree. I mean, I *knew* it wouldn't be "heres a free box forever" because the economist in me knows that there's no such thing as "free" ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like what they gave in this October box but I know I will not be able to make 3 sales or whatever and I don't think I'll miss this sub when its all over.

Oh no, I totally agree. I mean, I *knew* it wouldn't be "heres a free box forever" because the economist in me knows that there's no such thing as "free" ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like what they gave in this October box but I know I will not be able to make 3 sales or whatever and I don't think I'll miss this sub when its all over.
exactly, and if bringing in just 1 - 2 sales a month means we only get the box every second month, i'd be happy with that. but, from what the message said, that wasn't *entirely* clear. i definitely wasn't expecting free for nothing but i'd like a little more certainty on what i can attain.

i might place an order with the 40% off code. gift it or keep it, idk. the gem eyeliners are amazing so it wouldn't be totally for nothing. and i love me some free shipping.

My daughter is signed up..she's 15 and a cheerleader at her high school. I place at least one order every month and will use her code. I also told her to give her code to her cheerleader friends along with the discount code. They are all in love with her Gem pencil that she wears as her "game day" makeup and want their own
icon_wink.gif

We share my box already so if we get another one every other month, great, every month, even better. I figure it can't hurt anything for her to hand out her code to her friends and my friends, we don't really have anything to lose by sharing. 

My daughter got this today...it looks like they won't ship another box until you have 3 orders.

"Do you know if any of your friends have ordered anything from Starlooks yet (cosmetics or Starbox)? Our records do not show anyone using your code:

If you believe they have, please let me know so we can correct that. 

Please direct your friends to our website http://starbox.starlooks.com/ to see the November Starbox preview and Looksbook, and to see past Starboxes. Remember, they need to subscribe by Dec 10th to receive the December Starbox, containing our Starlooks' $99 VALUE, 15 Shade Eye Shadow Palette.  Subscriptions are only $15/mo + shipping!

As part of the Ambassador Program, you do not qualify to receive another Starbox until you generate at least 3 orders. 

Good luck, and let me know how you're doing!

Quote: Originally Posted by teamomof8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My daughter got this today...it looks like they won't ship another box until you have 3 orders.

"Do you know if any of your friends have ordered anything from Starlooks yet (cosmetics or Starbox)? Our records do not show anyone using your code:

If you believe they have, please let me know so we can correct that. 

Please direct your friends to our website http://starbox.starlooks.com/ to see the November Starbox preview and Looksbook, and to see past Starboxes. Remember, they need to subscribe by Dec 10th to receive the December Starbox, containing our Starlooks' $99 VALUE, 15 Shade Eye Shadow Palette.  Subscriptions are only $15/mo + shipping!

As part of the Ambassador Program, you do not qualify to receive another Starbox until you generate at least 3 orders. 

Good luck, and let me know how you're doing!
just realized i got the same email 

seriously, it's been hard to sway my friends though, they're all on the birchbox train and not hopping off any time soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the same email. Don't think I'll be getting another box. Oh well.
Yeah, same. Oh well. That one box was nice though. I did make a FB post about it and I don't think any of my friends care haha. Well, if I do make a purchase I'll be sure to hit up one of you guys for your AP code :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, same. Oh well. That one box was nice though. I did make a FB post about it and I don't think any of my friends care haha. Well, if I do make a purchase I'll be sure to hit up one of you guys for your AP code :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I did too, and even tagged friends that I thought would be interested along with posting pics of each of the contents of the box and a pic of me with my makeup done using only the contents of the box.

I don't think 3 orders a month is unreasonable, but I do think there should be a "grace period" of sorts...especially considering the program is geared towards students who are busy and do have lives besides marketing cosmetics. 
rolleyes.gif

You can totally hit me up for my daughters, I won't mind. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by teamomof8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't think 3 orders a month is unreasonable, but I do think there should be a "grace period" of sorts...especially considering the program is geared towards students who are busy and do have lives besides marketing cosmetics. 
rolleyes.gif

I don't think it's unreasonable per se, but all of my friends (who are students) are on restrictive budgets and are very selective with how they spend their money.

Does anyone know if our own orders count towards our per month quota? I'm reasonably interested in getting another gem pencil and my fiance *might* do the December box as a present for his sister.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't think it's unreasonable per se, but all of my friends (who are students) are on restrictive budgets and are very selective with how they spend their money.

Does anyone know if our own orders count towards our per month quota? I'm reasonably interested in getting another gem pencil and my fiance *might* do the December box as a present for his sister.
I'm not sure re: our own orders. To be on the safe side, you should probably order using your fiance's name/email address/a dummy email address or something in case they look into that. 

I'm not sure re: our own orders. To be on the safe side, you should probably order using your fiance's name/email address/a dummy email address or something in case they look into that. 
that was my plan for his present, i might have my mom place an order for the gem pencil for me. haven't really decided because i don't want to get too invested in it.

just out of curiosity...did anyone ever qualify for another box? i'm guessing they figured i was a lost cause because they stopped sending me emails lol.

Back