Starlooks July 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you ladies! My emails don't say they're from Brandon anymore (just shipping@ or info@), and that makes me sad. I love Brandon.

I heard back from them asking what color I would like as a replacement, but nothing since. I'm not worried about it though - they are always responsive.

I tried the tutorial from the starblast - here's how it looks on my face and with my (limited) skills.
Love it! *and your skills are far from limited, that looks fantastic!* I was totally going to do the same thing because I loved the starblast email idea. I love how you muted the colors and made the eyes very very wearable. If you don't mind me doing so, my box is suppose to come today, would you mind me also doing a "bright" version of the starblast?

I heard back from them asking what color I would like as a replacement, but nothing since. I'm not worried about it though - they are always responsive.

I tried the tutorial from the starblast - here's how it looks on my face and with my (limited) skills.

eg6SYrR.jpg
So pretty!

Love it! *and your skills are far from limited, that looks fantastic!* I was totally going to do the same thing because I loved the starblast email idea. I love how you muted the colors and made the eyes very very wearable. If you don't mind me doing so, my box is suppose to come today, would you mind me also doing a "bright" version of the starblast?
Why would I mind? I wasn't trying to do a muted version. I'm not sure if it's just my camera or the lighting or not using the right kind of primer. I used the black from the december palette which doesn't have the most color payoff, but everything else is from this month's box. I would love to see your look as well!

Why would I mind? I wasn't trying to do a muted version. I'm not sure if it's just my camera or the lighting or not using the right kind of primer. I used the black from the december palette which doesn't have the most color payoff, but everything else is from this month's box. I would love to see your look as well!
that is good to know!  I like the muted version for a daily wearable look.  I do have the dams black matte eyeshadow from glossybox (and boy, that is one black eyeshadow) and I was wondering how I was going to tone that down.

I'm sure I could get it all bolder if I really went for it. Maybe I psyched myself out a little.  :blush:

Although I don't think it's possible to get blue chill to look the way it looked in the starblast photos. It's just not that dark a blue. Vibrant and beautiful, yes! Dark blue, no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I always worry about stepping on others toes so I figure it best to ask.

Thanks for sharing that the black was also Starlooks, I noticed  myself that it doesn't have much color payoff unless you seriously pack it on. I still have yet to try their liquid liners....next on my list for sure haha.

Did Starlooks change their single shadow packaging? This was way different than the "Earth" shadow I got earlier this year and I LOVE the new packaging! So much cleaner and the pan is bigger (maybe not as deep but I'm not sure) I noticed its the same package style as their blushes and cream blushes so Yay if so! The new packaging is so much less bulky too and easily stack-able!

IMG_15521.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my starbox today (thanks for leaving it at my door, mail lady!!) I do not like the pooh bear  tender gloss at all. It actually hurt my eyes when I took it out of the box to check it out. lol. I'm still not 100% sold on the yellow shadow, but I seriously 100% wish they'd send a different color of eyeliner in every box from now until they run out of colors because I love it.

This is the first box I'm fairly sad about.  I don't do lip products at all so that's -2 products for me.  Cool colors look horrible on me so the yellow eyeshadow is out.  Le Sigh.  The blue eyeliner looks fun and all so I may be happy with that at least.  

Well I was going to do a starblast look but it will have to wait a couple days, I have a mild irritation on my eye lid. I think its from a mascara I used and not removing enough of it before I went to sleep. >.< Then again, Ive been playing a LOT with eye looks so it could just be a lot of things. Nothing bad, but certainly not something I should keep pissing off though with more products. lol

Oh, yay, someone bumped this thread! I was having problems finding it today. Okay. So. Does anyone else watch _Teen Wolf_? I'm in the middle of the third season (a friend swapped out our router, and now I can finally stream MTV on my laptop with very few problems!), and I've been trying to figure out that coral-pink lipstick they put on Lydia, and it hit me this morning: Tipsy is very close to it.

My replacement for tipsy came today! When they asked what color I wanted, I had a hard time coming up with an answer because 1) I want all the ones I don't have and 2) It feels weird just picking something out for a sub box - I still wanted some sort of surprise. So, I listed a few colors I would like and asked to send one that won't be in an upcoming starbox/the reward for the survey.

They sent Glory - it's a beautiful mauvey-nude that's a little darker than it looks on the site. I'll post swatches in a bit; for now it's a little soft from sitting in my mailbox.

My replacement for tipsy came today! When they asked what color I wanted, I had a hard time coming up with an answer because 1) I want all the ones I don't have and 2) It feels weird just picking something out for a sub box - I still wanted some sort of surprise. So, I listed a few colors I would like and asked to send one that won't be in an upcoming starbox/the reward for the survey.

They sent Glory - it's a beautiful mauvey-nude that's a little darker than it looks on the site. I'll post swatches in a bit; for now it's a little soft from sitting in my mailbox.
Such a brilliant idea! OMG, I wish I had thought of that. I had to replace Pooh bear and Tipsy so I switched for another tendergloss, Pookie, and the lip pencil, Kinky. I am hoping they would have warned me that it would be an upcoming box...

I am excited to see what they look like when I receive them since I did not ask for swatches.

Back