Starlooks March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My phone is being annoying and for some reason I can't quote you guys but the 4 shade lip pan would be pretty awesome!! @meaganola I agree that the brush would go a long way in making a lot of us happy.. I know I would personally love to see more brushes! The Lauren Clark box was actually my first and favorite starbox.. that was an amazing collaboration box in my opinion
The Lauren Clark box was my first, too. It is still probably my favorite of all the boxes I've gotten (and ipsy bags, too). Loved it. I just used the tipsy liner today (with the Lilu lipstick over it, which looked better together than I thought they would).

I have never gotten a red lip product from a sub (I've only been doing subs since last Feb and have only done Starlooks for 8 months and Ipsy for 5), so I would be ok with red, especially a red shimmery gloss. It would be cool to get the lip palette. I don't particularly want a black liner or mascara, but eventually they would get used, I just have a lot in my drawer of unopened items to get to first.

I think I'd like for this month, from looking at the looksbook:

- a brush, especially some kind of eye brush, since you just can't have too many of those :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-red shimmery lip gloss or lip palette

-a blush. any. blush. (that I don't already have LOL)

ETA: Looking more at the looksbook, her cheeks look very contoured...hopefully not another bronzer...do they have a highlight? I don't remember seeing one on the site...hopefully it is a sign of a blush

I got the Kinky lip liner and lipstick in my birthday box last year, I wonder what they renamed it to.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Looks like a black gel liner, dark red lip liner, red lipstick, gold lipgloss....all 4 or maybe 3 of those 4?
That's exactly what I thought after watching the video.

Most subscription boxes are totally a marketing thing. I've heard that companies pay to get their items into boxes when they are the boxes that have a lot of different brands. With these boxes that are brand-specific, I assume it's so they can introduce new products and get products out there for people to try.

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So it looks like a definite for the red lipstick & for the other items maybe the black gel liner & a red lip liner? Oh please say there's something a little more fun in there. I don't mind the red lipstick or a black liner alone with 2 other fun things, but if those are the 3 things we are getting I'm not super thrilled with this box. Seems a bit boring. Please let this all be a tease. ;-)
I hope there's a hidden surprise there for us.

Quote: Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Would love some berry colors. They have way too much neutral/ warm in their boxes.
I agree since I started subbing in September 2013, I don't think I've seen ANY berry-colored products. I'd love a deep, vampy plum or a pretty mauve-berry shade!

I really want a plum lipstick, but I guess  it would make sense for them to send that in the winter months. Also I hope I get a good birthday box.

Sometimes I feel like the Starboxes are either:

A) Unpopular products/shades

B) Popular products that are too expensive to buy at full price (blush palette, december palettes, brushes etc)

I think they just take a look at all the items from list A and think, "how can we put some of these together to make a theme?"

Maybe I'm totally off on that, but it would make sense as a business strategy. You get your product/name out there and also get rid of products that aren't selling well. Not to mention the fact that there's rarely a very widely-popular, wearable shade in my Starbox.

Just a theory!
iagree.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really want a plum lipstick, but I guess  it would make sense for them to send that in the winter months. Also I hope I get a good birthday box.
Starlooks use to post on here. Maybe they will see our comments. I want some berry/mauve/plums in the lip  category. If you look at their site, it seems a bit limited for those colors. Hope they change it up a bit.

Haha right?! That and I kinda want to stick around for the next loyalty gift to see if it's another credit.  PS, has anyone's loyalty order actually shipped yet?? I ordered on like the 24th, got the confirmation order, and not a peep since. Status is currently unfulfilled on their site. I will cry if somehow I don't end up with the October blush palette. 
I got my loyalty order 2 days after I placed it. But I also live in the LA area so I got my starbox and placed my loyalty order before a good chunk of people had even gotten their boxes/ loyalty code. As for the March box.... I really would not like another red lip product. I can see why the box is so disappointing to some, as there isn't particularly anything that wows me either. One of the things that I like about Starlooks (and why I have continued to subscribe) is that even when I think I will be disappointed, as soon as I try the products then I am usually pleased. I'm hoping this streak doesn't get broken now that I've said that. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That being said, I would actually be interested in trying the black gel liner. I'm new to the world of gel liners. I got my first gel eyeliner from Starlooks a few months ago in a deep blue color and I really liked it.

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Guys, I think I had a dream about this box and it was literally just the red lipstick and black gel eyeliner 
laughno.gif

laughno.gif

laughno.gif

you know what feb's birthday boxes were?

tipsy lipliner (which I already had)

lipstick in claudia (that is a nice berry color)

and...a plastic makeup bag - as if that is to make up for the fact that other birthday months got three full sized makeup items.  I shouldn't complain, but I got the wrong birthday bag!! lol

so you may not be far off with the 2 items!!

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you know what feb's birthday boxes were?

tipsy lipliner (which I already had)

lipstick in claudia (that is a nice berry color)

and...a plastic makeup bag - as if that is to make up for the fact that other birthday months got three full sized makeup items.  I shouldn't complain, but I got the wrong birthday bag!! lol

so you may not be far off with the 2 items!!
One thing to think about on the birthday box topic: You got only two makeup items, BUT they are both currently available. The January boxes had three makeup items, but one of them was discontinuted in Dec 2012! So it is a REALLY old product they had laying around (though I was fine with it because it's a favorite of mine lol and I have been using the one I have infrequently because I didn't want to run out).

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  One thing to think about on the birthday box topic: You got only two makeup items, BUT they are both currently available. The January boxes had three makeup items, but one of them was discontinuted in Dec 2012! So it is a REALLY old product they had laying around (though I was fine with it because it's a favorite of mine lol and I have been using the one I have infrequently because I didn't want to run out).
Exactly. I'm fine with the birthday boxes being older/discontinued items etc, because hey- it's just nice to get a free box of makeup on my birthday month!
This month is actually my birthday month, but for some reason it said October on my profile when I signed up, so I got a birthday box back in October, and I don't remember exactly what was in it, but I do know that I received a shadow that I couldn't find on the website.

So long story short- totally agree! lol

Quote: Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Starlooks use to post on here. Maybe they will see our comments. I want some berry/mauve/plums in the lip  category. If you look at their site, it seems a bit limited for those colors. Hope they change it up a bit.

I hope so too.

Hello everyone!

So this my first ever post, I have been a huge fan of the starlooks group and been spying on the monthly threads for a while now so I decided to take the leap!

So far from what I gathered from the hint video (mind you, I only watched it once because i found her a bit too perky for my taste so I could be wrong), I felt as tho she said that the items she doesn't name could be in the box so the gel liner would be not be in the running she said the color name... I am thinking it is the red lipstick, the gold gloss and hopefully the brush that she does the eye crease with.... I am a big red lipstick and black eyeliner person so I am not really bummed out if those are the items, they are staples for me so I cant go wrong. I was a bit bummed out with the Feb. box (Lilu, hologram and wall street) so hoping this can be a fun safe bet this month!

Quote: Originally Posted by Psquared /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hello everyone!

So this my first ever post, I have been a huge fan of the starlooks group and been spying on the monthly threads for a while now so I decided to take the leap!

So far from what I gathered from the hint video (mind you, I only watched it once because i found her a bit too perky for my taste so I could be wrong), I felt as tho she said that the items she doesn't name could be in the box so the gel liner would be not be in the running she said the color name... I am thinking it is the red lipstick, the gold gloss and hopefully the brush that she does the eye crease with.... I am a big red lipstick and black eyeliner person so I am not really bummed out if those are the items, they are staples for me so I cant go wrong. I was a bit bummed out with the Feb. box (Lilu, hologram and wall street) so hoping this can be a fun safe bet this month!

That is a very good point! I think that two lip products and an eye brush would be a really random box, but hey...it's also possible that she didn't mention everything that is in the box this month? Who knows!

Also Welcome to MUT and yay for coming out of lurker land!
biggrin.gif

That is a very good point! I think that two lip products and an eye brush would be a really random box, but hey...it's also possible that she didn't mention everything that is in the box this month? Who knows!

Also Welcome to MUT and yay for coming out of lurker land!
biggrin.gif

lol thanks for the welcome
icon_biggrin.gif

and you are right, it would be a random box, I am just secretly hoping for a brush!

Based on past frequency, I'm thinking we will almost definitely see a brush either this month or next. I would love a nice smudging eye brush. I don't really have one.

Based on past frequency, I'm thinking we will almost definitely see a brush either this month or next. I would love a nice smudging eye brush. I don't really have one.
I second that. I need some good eye brushes & I have loved every Starlooks brush I've ever gotten in my boxes.

I'm really hoping that it is not the gel pot eyeliner in black hole! I just ordered that with my loyalty code literally three hours ago! I will be very bummed. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back