Starlooks May 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the more I think about it, I think the green product will be an eyepencil, not the eyeliner.   Just thinking out loud here..

Could it be the pigment in 'C Note?'

pl11-C_Note_1024x1024.jpg

it could be - its hard to tell as starlooks "swatches" are just awful!!

I love the look on the model, but if it is a loose pigment, that is going to be tough going there - it won't last...not on me at least

I'm hoping for:

• French Connection cream blush
  • Eye shadow brush (I don't really care which one!  I love to have a stash of clean brushes in case I change my mind mid-week and decide I want to use radically different colors than the day before since I only wash my brushes once a week, not after each use, and changing colors midweek and using the same brush means muddy color)
  • Makeup remover (I don't really see anything else in the shop that I think is a likely match for the model's colors, and makeup remover could fit the theme because you're always grimy and filthy after a day on the road)
  • Another loyalty code!  I have my eye on a few things, but one of those budget things is getting in the way.

I have a funny feeling one of the Infinity lipsticks (most likely suspects:  Millennium and Ageless) is going to show up, but I am hoping against that.  Starlooks lip product overload right here.  That shadow kind of looks like the lighter green in the April palette to me.  But it also reminds me of last May's box when we all went *bonkers* over the turquoise because *clearly* that's the point of the photo and the bold month designation!  (Note to newbies:  Starlooks had been planning on doing a bold/neutral/mixed rotation where we would get all bold stuff one month, all neutral stuff the next, and a mix the third.  That announcement did not go over well, and it was scrapped after just a few months.)  Cannot wait!  And then the boxes arrived, and no turquoise shadow.

I'm hoping for:

• French Connection cream blush
  • Eye shadow brush (I don't really care which one!  I love to have a stash of clean brushes in case I change my mind mid-week and decide I want to use radically different colors than the day before since I only wash my brushes once a week, not after each use, and changing colors midweek and using the same brush means muddy color)
  • Makeup remover (I don't really see anything else in the shop that I think is a likely match for the model's colors, and makeup remover could fit the theme because you're always grimy and filthy after a day on the road)
  • Another loyalty code!  I have my eye on a few things, but one of those budget things is getting in the way.

I have a funny feeling one of the Infinity lipsticks (most likely suspects:  Millennium and Ageless) is going to show up, but I am hoping against that.  Starlooks lip product overload right here.  That shadow kind of looks like the lighter green in the April palette to me.  But it also reminds me of last May's box when we all went *bonkers* over the turquoise because *clearly* that's the point of the photo and the bold month designation!  (Note to newbies:  Starlooks had been planning on doing a bold/neutral/mixed rotation where we would get all bold stuff one month, all neutral stuff the next, and a mix the third.  That announcement did not go over well, and it was scrapped after just a few months.)  Cannot wait!  And then the boxes arrived, and no turquoise shadow.
That was the worst! (ok probably not LOL) I remember all of us just going crazy over the amazing turquoise! Hooray for color and then BAM we open the boxes to utter blandness (of course the blush ended up being AMAZING, but to open the box expecting turquoise awesomeness and see a brown pigment, brow compact and a crazy red-brown blush was so disappointing. Again, I love that blush and the brow compact is the only brow product I own and use, it was a useful and overall good box, just such a let down with the lack of turquoise). I am hoping after the outrage we had here, they wouldn't tease us with color and not deliver LOL

Love the green color. I would like that pigment posted above. I use loose pigments on my lower lash line a lot (sometimes just over primer, sometimes with a foiling medium). I'd be ok with it being a gel liner. As long as it's colorful, I'm cool. The rest I haven't really looked at. I just want the green!!!

I loved the eye look, thats definitely something i would love to recreate. Also it does look like we might get bronzer or mascara since its been a while those items were sent.

wow, that would be just cruel of starlooks to do that (and because they did it before too!) and not give us a greenie!!  ohh, maybe it is a NEW gem pencil - and it is called emerald (that is me guessing, there is no emerald pencil ) As they introduced topaz and amy back in november, I think it was, maybe they are going for jewel colored names that are more vibrant.  Because they did have a purple   before topaz & amy was introduced...perhaps this one is deeper in its color.

I am hoping for a brush for the bronzer.   Or if the greenie is the pigment, perhaps a brush for that.   I would not mind an eyeshadow primer as well.  no mascara, please!  but it does look like we might get that one.

wish list

green eye whatever it is

split pan bronzer (maui or bali) - perhaps can be used as eyeshadow too, as the model has some brown eyeshadow

brush of some sort

if they do the loyalty gift like last time, I am getting the eye primer in clear for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the green from the April palette to try and mimic this look today, and it looks GORGEOUS.

Then I thought to myself, 'wouldn't it be cool if they are coming out with a mixing medium since they sell so many pigments and glitters?'

It would be pretty cool.

I used the green from the April palette to try and mimic this look today, and it looks GORGEOUS.

Then I thought to myself, 'wouldn't it be cool if they are coming out with a mixing medium since they sell so many pigments and glitters?'

It would be pretty cool.
omg - I did that as well today!! I love it!! hahaha

It would be great if they did that.  I do think that the green in the April palette is bit paler than what was shown, but maybe they used some super duper primer or something...

Ohhh, pretttty lookbook this month! I wouldn't mind a bronzer, but would LOVE a brush to go with it. L-O-V-E it. I wonder if they'll give us code or just go super crazy and throw in a bunch of products. 

Also, I am playing more with the palette from April and it's growing on me. @@biancardi I used the first color for a blush and loved it! Also used the lighter green last night for a fun spring look. 

I looooooooooove the lookbook. I am feeling that we are going to get a pigment rathan an eyepencil in terms of how the model looks.

I would be super happy with a bronzer since we have not gotten one since June 2013. I was actually going to buy a bronzer if we got a loyalty code again so this could work out in my favor!

But I must admit, I am still really hoping for a blush.. and a brush would be awesome also!!

Anyways, i am hoping I get my box in its month this time since I still have not gotten April's yet!

I didn't notice those last few pictures before - I think they must have added them later!! 

What about these colors?

It's one of their single eye shadows in Real Turquoise and their bronzer in Maui
That turquoise was the one they used for the May 2013 shoot that we all flipped out about because OMG SO BRIGHT *WANT*!.  I have it, and it's a *lot* more vivid than the swatch photo makes it look.

Back