Starlooks May 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pink could be an eyeshadow. She seems to be wearing a pinkish eyeshadow.

I feel like I am missing something.... what is a loyalty gift?
if you sub'd in march and got a box since march, you get a loyalty gift - this is a new program - it started in december, and you have to be on the same cycle as everyone else.  So, for those who subb'd in december, we got a loyalty gift in february - which was 35.00 credit to be spent at starlooks - anything we wanted.   I am hoping that is the gift again, but we do not know

That pink could be an eyeshadow. She seems to be wearing a pinkish eyeshadow.
that looks pretty brown to me on my screen - I had thought that we were getting a duo split pan bronzer and she was using it on her cheeks and eyes

if that is a lip product - they did a horrid job photographing that - I didn't want to say anything, but that looks more like a mistake with some lip crud around her lips...

I think the green if from our previous box. It's not the first time the lookbook used products from previous boxes. But I am really excited for this one. I hope they are sent out early this month.

if you sub'd in march and got a box since march, you get a loyalty gift - this is a new program - it started in december, and you have to be on the same cycle as everyone else.  So, for those who subb'd in december, we got a loyalty gift in february - which was 35.00 credit to be spent at starlooks - anything we wanted.   I am hoping that is the gift again, but we do not know

that looks pretty brown to me on my screen - I had thought that we were getting a duo split pan bronzer and she was using it on her cheeks and eyes

if that is a lip product - they did a horrid job photographing that - I didn't want to say anything, but that looks more like a mistake with some lip crud around her lips...
It definitely pulls brown on my screen too. I'd be kinda (okay TOTALLY) shocked if they sent us a pink eyeshadow. I'd only be okay if it was a rose-gold color. 

Forget about the makeup for like...1 sec. Can we talk about how gorgeous that model is? Like...can I be her?

Did you guys see this? How do we think they will make the boxes customizable? Hopefully, it's not some lame 'ipsymatch' type of thing LOL

I am on who likes the surprise! I am curious how this would work for a program like Starbox. Just how customizable? I guess we will find out "soon"

starlooksfb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really, really hoping it's just things like skin tone and type, so everyone would still get more or less the same thing, but the part about "not one for surprises" makes me wary.  That's one of the things I like about this one!  They just pick stuff out for me!  I am the queen of indecision! 

I'm really, really hoping it's just things like skin tone and type, so everyone would still get more or less the same thing, but the part about "not one for surprises" makes me wary.  That's one of the things I like about this one!  They just pick stuff out for me!  I am the queen of indecision! 
This sums up my thoughts entirely.

yes, they mentioned that to me a couple of months ago that they were thinking about doing that.  That would be great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  more like you would be able to pick your color if they had multiple choices.

I was just reading stuff people were posting on their FB page and the Starlooks people responded to someone that May boxes will begin shipping on May 19th.

I think you guys are spot on with the bronzer and eye pencil.

Starlooks posted an article on their blog about the 5 products they "always" keep in their travel bag ( The article is called "The Face of a Wanderer" at http://starlooksaddict.tumblr.com.)

Anyway... The 5 products are:

1. Tinted moisturizer (Not sure if they would send this out this month, but maybe it's a spoiler for next month? Or for whenever they decide to make the boxes customizable.)

2. Bronzer

3. Blush

4. Tendergloss

5. Kohl eye pencil

Edit:

I think the list is pretty obvious from the lookbook images. My only other guess would have been a mascara. Just because her eyelashes look pretty natural and usually the models have false ones on.

great sleuthing, @@NeisDreams - thank you!!

oh...they mention the bronzer I hoped we would get (the split pan one!!)

#2 - Bronzer - I rely on STARLOOKS Maui Bronzer - to give me just the right amount of golden glow. This is THE BEST bronzer because it is a dual palette, so I have the choice to use it only for contour, or mix together for the perfect sun-kissed look.

but the eyeliner they are referring to is black or darker black (I don't know the diff between “Obsidian” and “Onyx”).   I have their onyx from my ipsy bag last summer...I hope it isn't another black eyeliner, because of March's bag....

great sleuthing, @@NeisDreams - thank you!!

oh...they mention the bronzer I hoped we would get (the split pan one!!)

#2 - Bronzer - I rely on STARLOOKS Maui Bronzer - to give me just the right amount of golden glow. This is THE BEST bronzer because it is a dual palette, so I have the choice to use it only for contour, or mix together for the perfect sun-kissed look.

but the eyeliner they are referring to is black or darker black (I don't know the diff between “Obsidian” and “Onyx”).   I have their onyx from my ipsy bag last summer...I hope it isn't another black eyeliner, because of March's bag....
I totally agree... no more black eyeliner for awhile.  I also get the feeling that we wont be getting a tendergloss since they specifically mentioned "Puzzy" in the blog and they've already sent that specific color out in a box.

I would really like to try the maui bronzer though!

I know I'm in the minority here (and tis the season) but I don't want bronzer. I don't use it. I don't contour (that would be terrifying) and I don't want to look "sunkissed". Waaah. I hate summer. Dark lipstick4ever.

Back