Starlooks May 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm in the minority here (and tis the season) but I don't want bronzer. I don't use it. I don't contour (that would be terrifying) and I don't want to look "sunkissed". Waaah. I hate summer. Dark lipstick4ever.
I don't do bronzer either.  I hate the sun, and I hate the heat.  When I was a kidlet, sun + heat = migraines and barfing.  This summer is likely to be spent in libraries with my laptop.  I would love to be to the beach right now, but "the beach" in my case is Astoria on the Oregon coast, and it's in the 60s there this week.  It's been in the 80s and low 90s where I am.  Do not want.  I'm much more flexible on lipstick, but bronzer?  No.  I spend the summer trying to convince myself that it's not summer.  I don't want a *reminder* that it is.

Starlooks just posted this on FB, seems the blush and brush are not our box, but a new set or something:

starlooksmayfb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm in the minority here (and tis the season) but I don't want bronzer. I don't use it. I don't contour (that would be terrifying) and I don't want to look "sunkissed". Waaah. I hate summer. Dark lipstick4ever.
I'm not a bronzer person either, but if we are getting one I hope it's the double shade one because then maybe I'd be more likely to  use it as shadow or something. I feel like I look dirty any time I try to use bronzer and just in general I'm not a contour person. The one we got last summer just sits in my drawer, only used maybe twice before I gave up on being able to use it haha.  I'm, also, not a summer person. Bring on Fall!  (I also love Spring, but Michigan has decided it is anti-spring, so we just go back and forth between winter and summer during March-May 80 degrees one day, 42 the next).I still want a berry lipstick from a sub :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My guesses for the box are still the bronzer, mascara and one other thing (a brush?!?! a girl can dream)

Oh good! You ladies made me feel much better. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the sun...when it's shining through my bedroom window. I'm just fair skinned and I like being pale.

You're right though, if it's a bronzer duo it might be more useful to gals like us. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

that is why I am hoping for the duo :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I do use bronzer, but for contouring only and it is just some shading for along my jaw line (who am I kidding, but anyway..lol) and also down my wide nose.

but I don't really use it as a tint for my face.  I am hoping that the split pan has matte on one side and a slight sheen (not sparkly) on the other.  If one side is light enough and it is a shimmer, that would be good as a highlighter across my cheek bones and then I can use both shades for my eyes.

Just got my shipping notification! Will be watching online closely to hear from those who get theirs way before the rest of us what was in their box.... and what the loyalty reward is. I'm hoping the box doesn't let me down!

So far I have found the only eyeliner that will ever stay on my blinky, watery eyes with their gel liners. Also, their glosses are nice, I just didn't love the colour I got. Not really sold on their shadows though. I bought the 15 palette when they had the IPSY deal and then the one from last month. They have a few that are really pigmented and lovely, but then they have some that fade in a matter of minutes with a primer...... but I will stick with this subscription to test the other stuff. Its a fun little surprise. The lipsticks are ok... I'm hoping for one of the tendergloss or the other one (stick form) which I don't remember what it is called.

Speaking of brushes..... from those of you who have tried.... how are they??? I'm in need of a few new ones and wanted to purchase some good quality ones that aren't going to totally break my bank. Also interested in any suggestions of other brands too

Just got my shipping notification! Will be watching online closely to hear from those who get theirs way before the rest of us what was in their box.... and what the loyalty reward is. I'm hoping the box doesn't let me down!

So far I have found the only eyeliner that will ever stay on my blinky, watery eyes with their gel liners. Also, their glosses are nice, I just didn't love the colour I got. Not really sold on their shadows though. I bought the 15 palette when they had the IPSY deal and then the one from last month. They have a few that are really pigmented and lovely, but then they have some that fade in a matter of minutes with a primer...... but I will stick with this subscription to test the other stuff. Its a fun little surprise. The lipsticks are ok... I'm hoping for one of the tendergloss or the other one (stick form) which I don't remember what it is called.

Speaking of brushes..... from those of you who have tried.... how are they??? I'm in need of a few new ones and wanted to purchase some good quality ones that aren't going to totally break my bank. Also interested in any suggestions of other brands too
I like their glosses, too and also for me the shadows are SO hit n miss in the palettes. The one last summer, 2 out of 5 shadows were pretty much useless, there was very little pigmentation and they didn't last at all/faded...but those over 3 colors were great. I've used last months a few times and  all the colors I have tried seem to be pretty good. I have gotten two of their single eye shadows and both of those are really nice.

The only brush of theirs that I have is the Sculpt and Blush Brush  (I believe that's the name) and I love it! It is the only brush I have been using for blush since I got it last year :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I knew they had said shipping would start today, though mine is always toward the end of shipping it seems, so I'm glad to hear that someone has gotten a shipping notice!

I love Starlooks but... I really dislike their larger brushes.  I have a huge face powder brush that I won over a year ago and it sheds worse than my cats.  I also have shedding issues with the blush brush they sent out late last year.  I admit I am in no way an expert at brush care and am likely partly responsible for their performance, but I don't seem to have the same problem with other large brushes.  On the other hand, the smaller ones are my absolute go-to's.  The gel liner brush is killer and a perfect match for their gel pots.  I love the small dome fluff too, it can really pack on some epic color and is small and firm enough that it doesn't send powdery shadow all over my face.  I should also mention that I continue to use the larger brushes, they work well as far as their general color transferring function, I just get annoyed a lot at having to fish the bristles off my face.

Annnd shipping notification. I usually get mine within a few days being a state away so hopefully I'll have it by Thurs/Fri and can spoil y'all! Crossing my fingers for a fab loyalty gift *cough ANOTHER CODE PLZZZ*

Whoa, I've been fishing on Instagram for pics of this month's Starbox & somebody got theirs & it's TOTALLY NOT what we were expecting at all.  I'm not sure how I feel about it actually yet.  I guess I'll have to get it myself & see what I think.

She got:

#1: Iridescent Loose Powder: (bummer because I still am using mine from last year & have over half of it left still)

#2: Green Eye Pencil: I like this.  I'll use this.  This is the most exciting thing in the box.

#3: A Large Bottle of Make-Up Remover: Aaah, so we're finally dipping into the Starlooks skincare.  Hmmm. . . I'll definitely use this.  Part of me loves that they are trying out their skincare stuff in the boxes, & part of me screams BORING.  ha ha ha.  I don't know. . . maybe if the box didn't have the powder in it since I already have half a jar full, the make-up remover would be a little more exciting for me.

#4: Oh yeah & the Spa Towel is our extra.

Thoughts?  (Man, I was SO hoping for that Bali Bronzer)

Whoa, I've been fishing on Instagram for pics of this month's Starbox & somebody got theirs & it's TOTALLY NOT what we were expecting at all.  I'm not sure how I feel about it actually yet.  I guess I'll have to get it myself & see what I think.

She got:

#1: Iridescent Loose Powder: (bummer because I still am using mine from last year & have over half of it left still)

#2: Green Eye Pencil: I like this.  I'll use this.  This is the most exciting thing in the box.

#3: A Large Bottle of Make-Up Remover: Aaah, so we're finally dipping into the Starlooks skincare.  Hmmm. . . I'll definitely use this.  Part of me loves that they are trying out their skincare stuff in the boxes, & part of me screams BORING.  ha ha ha.  I don't know. . . maybe if the box didn't have the powder in it since I already have half a jar full, the make-up remover would be a little more exciting for me.

#4: Oh yeah & the Spa Towel is our extra.

Thoughts?
I am good with this - I wonder if the powder is like a bronzing one?

here is the pic
10251459_274193149428564_1869086911_n.jpg
That eyeliner does look pretty though doesn't it?  I think I'm going to love it.

The powder looks exactly like the one we got last April.  (I think it was April)  It's white/natural colored.  It works super well though.  I love mine.  It just lasts forever.  I wear it every single day (it's been over a year) & it's only half way gone.  But it is a great product for setting your make-up.  It keeps my face matte all day too.

I am good with this - I wonder if the powder is like a bronzing one?
I think the makeup remover is awesome even though I just bought one from MAC yesterday lol. I am just bummed with the loose powder since I have barely used the one we got last year...

I was really hoping for a bronzer... Now I am finger crossing for a loyalty code so I can buy it!!

All in all though, I think this may be my last box from them for a bit... have not been really excited by them regarding all the 2014 boxes.

Hmm... My April powder was white translucent, not iridescent. They're completely different creatures to me. I've been curious about their makeup remover but not enough to buy it. And I'm obsessed with eyeliner pencils. This actually looks like a fantastic box for me! Now the big question: Has anyone who received their box also received a loyalty gift? I want to know what it is this time around!

Hmm... My April powder was white translucent, not iridescent. They're completely different creatures to me. I've been curious about their makeup remover but not enough to buy it. And I'm obsessed with eyeliner pencils. This actually looks like a fantastic box for me! Now the big question: Has anyone who received their box also received a loyalty gift? I want to know what it is this time around!
THAT is what I'm waiting to hear too.  Please, please, please let it be another code.

Back