Stick On nails?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by macgirl3121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nope. As a nailtech I simply cannot enodorse stick on nails. I know that I can always tell. I never mistake them for someone's natural nail. Acrylic and gel can be applied in such a way that it is not obvious that they were not homegrown. True... but if I walk real fast no one can tell that 1) they aren't real and 2) I'm not a woman!! hehe
Karren

I notice that Avon is also carrying the stick ons. I have never used these but they do seem like a good idea for people who are in a rush and no time to sit and apply nail polish. Maybe i should give these a try
wink.gif

I havent used those in years! I usually just do my own acrylic at home. Mine just naturally grow long and strong. Long nails drive me crazy!

i use to wear them (when i was little) but i can never find a set that look good on my natural nails.

shrug, i'm proably just too particular.

I've been curious about trying them. Im allergic to acrylics and 2 nails have been permanetly dented by them. I'd use them if I knew how to properly wear them! I tried them once in middle school-when they first came out-back in '87! Of course they weren't perfected then and they all popped off!

i actually have a funny, yet humiliating story about stick on nails..high school prom and i didnt have the money to get a manicure, so off to the store i go and purchase those do-it yourself nails...i wait couple of hours, then i shower later that night...well..lets just say..more of my hair had my nails than on my hand..i was super bummed..so then i just decided to go to the professional..eh..lol

Originally Posted by princessmich /img/forum/go_quote.gif I notice that Avon is also carrying the stick ons. I have never used these but they do seem like a good idea for people who are in a rush and no time to sit and apply nail polish. Maybe i should give these a try
wink.gif
They are great for last minute events for sure.. Especially if you get the precolored ones or paint up a boox ahead of time like I do.. And you have to make sure you clean your nails with the towelette that comes with them.. To remove any oils or dirt.. That way they will stick properly.. I've had them pop off when I didn't clean my nails first..
I need to pick up another box.. Going to start going out again now that the weathers heading towards cooler temps..

Karren

I used to wear them, but I don't anymore because I can NEVER get them to stay on, even with good glue, one always seems to pop off. I have to also find a good brand that doesn't look like stick on's and more like acrylic.

I have tried them before. They are very messy to me. I can't ever get the darn things to stay stuck on.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif True... but if I walk real fast no one can tell that 1) they aren't real and 2) I'm not a woman!! hehe
Karren

five.gif
haha

I used them years ago....then let my own grow out to a "career length". Like karen i too need to get down into the grease and work!. But they always cleaned up and painted nice when needed,LOL.

Lately though, i find them breaking moreoften and at the worse times. so i've been thinking of going back to the stickons for the convience and even length all around the digits!

I am in the same boat as you, Karren. Also, if I grow them out, they always seem to break. So it's stick ons for me!

Well, hey! You do what works.

Even if a few people notice they're fake, so what? At least it shows that you take pride in the appearance of some of the finer points. How many other men can claim that? LOL, not too many.

I have seen the stick on nails used for a shoot, for the sake of time and they looked great! I don't know how long they stayed on for the model afterwards, but seeing as they were dark blue, I am sure she took them off immediately!!

What's wrong with dark blue? Lol. Mine typoically stay on till I remove them the first time.. I don't leave them on all the time (hazards of the hobby so to speak!! Hehe). The key is to clean your nails properly before applying them.. I use polish remover and go over them a couple times to remove any and all oils and dirt.. If you don't then they will come off..

They do leave a slight bit of glue on the nails. But it rubs right off.. More of a rubber cement type adhesive than a glue.. The second and third times I use the same nails they are a little less sticky each time.. But I have found Arliens (spelling?) Stick and Stick again glue what helps extend the useful life a bit...

Karren

I think that if you only need them every-now-and-again say for a special occasion (of for those in Karrens situation) then they would be great.

But gel or acrylic nails would be better for those looking for a more permanent solution.

Back