Stretch mark problem..help!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Thats Alot Of Money, I Guess Im Not Doing That! But Im Glad It Worked For You So Far
wink.gif

Originally Posted by jennycateyez Wow Thats Alot Of Money, I Guess Im Not Doing That! But Im Glad It Worked For You So Far
wink.gif
I think you can get individual treatments instead of the package and it's anywhere from $300-1000 per area.

i think bio oil is rose hip seed oil or rosa mosqueta. but not all brands are the same, but the efficacy and speed of healing is not as fast as cream based treatment, that i feel.

Originally Posted by Phyrora i tried many types of stretch marks treatment but nothing ever works. only recently did i find the one product that actually gets rid of stretch marks fast. its called naturalis stretch mark treatment cream see www.naturalisproducts.com . it took about a month of use to completely clean up the stretch marks from my tummy, arms and thighs.

i'm not sure bout stretch marks cuz i dont hav n e but i will second the baby oil for bein the bext moisturizer! i use it all (its entirely adopted into my daily routine now)the time after showers and im seriously soft as a babes bum lol

I agree that skinbrushing is a great for the skin. If you do a google search on it, you'll get tons of great info. Make sure to use a brush with natural bristles though.

As for stretchmark creams, I have had very good success w/ a cream called Barmon. While I don't believe anything will permanently remove stretchmarks on the skin permanently, Barmon cream has *greatly* reduced them to the point of being barely noticable, and I can live with that (I think
icon_cheesygrin.gif
). Anyway you can check it out at www.barmon.com. I believe it still retails 19.99, but I actually purchased mine at www.bodybuilding.com b/c the price was like 13.99 a tube and their shipping is fast. Worked really well like I said, don't know if it's genetics or what but I used it through most of my last pregnancy religiously on my belly, and I never got a single mark on my belly (and I got huge, although I delivered prematurely at 7 months.) Unfortunatly I wasn't as diligent on the rest of my body and ended up getting them on my hips, butt and boobs
icon_cry.gif
. Either way, It greatly reduced the appearance of the already existing ones. I am pregnany again, and I want to buy another couple of tubes to try to avoid those nasty suckers, lol! (fingers crossed)

Hope this helps!

Congrats Divamom on the new pregnacy. I will definitely keeped fingers crossed for you with the stretchmarks.

Originally Posted by Divaofreality Congrats Divamom on the new pregnacy. I will definitely keeped fingers crossed for you with the stretchmarks. Hi fellow Diva! Thank you. I hope I get lucky as I did last time. My tummy was about the only place I didn't get any marks (and I was shocked since I was really big for 7 months. I think had I delivered full term I may have gotten at least a couple of them on my tummy). The good part is most of my existing stretch marks from before are almost all faded.
icon_cool.gif

are they still pink or are they old ones? if you catch stretch marks when they are still pinkish in colour they can be reduced in size and apperance with micro dermabrasion

Originally Posted by GreekLatina i'm not sure bout stretch marks cuz i dont hav n e but i will second the baby oil for bein the bext moisturizer! i use it all (its entirely adopted into my daily routine now)the time after showers and im seriously soft as a babes bum lol u ent got no stretch marks at all? i thought everyone had them

Originally Posted by Naturally Not everyone gets stretch marks! I never got them from when I was pregnant twice. I have never been pregnant, but I have them on my back, butt, thighs, and breasts, have for years. I never gained weight, they just appeared. My boobs grew really fast, so thats probably why I have them there. I wore a bra when I was 10 or 11. They quit growing as fast as they started, and so now mine are smaller than most women, lol. I dont really care about my marks, no one can see them, my boyfriend already knows I have them. If I ditch him I dont want a new guy to see them though
icon_mad.gif

Originally Posted by bebexkhmergrl Palmers stretch marks cocoa butter lotion. Sometimes that doesn't work, regular cocoa butter lotion is good too when used twice or more a day. The lotion won't get rid of it but help make it less visible.=)

I bet prescribed stuff will work for you.

I'm not sure, but the others can help you more than me.
smile.gif

I have used Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Cream... overall, I would say that it helps greatly... but my experience with it was interesting to say the least...

I would put on the cream before I went to bed, wake up with very very very faded marks (and be very excited because they were about gone!) but then, I would take a shower... and maybe it was the heat or the blood circulation of being awake or something but the marks would come back. It was upsetting really, but the marks have faded themselves anyway... or it seems that they show up worse at times and are hardly there at others.

Anyway, if you don't want to bother with a prescription (which you may want to, I don't know)... it won't hurt to try this product. It is not as expensive as scar treatments, which you can also buy at a drugstore, and it smells good, so thats a plus... and maybe it will work for you.

Back