Style Quarterly by Pashbox - Promo Code

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, that stinks

Shes closing down. This is the last box unless you've paid up for a longer sub

Edit to add Email text:

The March box will ship by June 30 - this quarter's box saw amazing growth and vendors were working overtime to get products in in a timely manner. I was hoping to be able to ship boxes earlier as I have been able to do so in the past, however I had to give my brand partners enough time to fulfill the large orders I placed. This seasons theme is "Summer Nights" and it will include items for you to host or attend a summer party at night.

I would like to thank you all for helping Style Quarterly grow so quickly. After completely rebranding my subscription business, I had to start from scratch with a few loyal subscribers who stuck with me, however the business has been able to grow at an alarming rate. As a one woman show, I feel I am unable to continue to provide the level of service I believe my customers deserve. Unfortunately, this will be the last quarterly subscription box for Style Quarterly, however those of you who purchased a semi-annual plan last quarter and who will also be receiving your first box next week, will receive your last box in September. All subscriptions that have not yet been canceled, will be canceled by or before 6/30/2015. This will not affect semi-annual subscribers who are due to receive a box in September; while your account will be canceled, you will still receive your last box.
How sad this was just wonderful

I know, I really liked this subscription and her curation. /cry

I feel like this must be the hardest kind of box to succeed with or something. I just love "lifestyle" boxes like this but there isnt very many of them beyond Popsugar and/or Fabfitfun. You must need some major connections to get good stuff for this type.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first Style Quarterly box will be my last. I'm glad I wasn't attached to the subscription, but feel really sad that lifestyle boxes can't seem to succeed. 

What it really says is that makeup samples are cheap as heck to throw in boxes, but full sized lifestyle things are more valuable, of course. 

I may add a second PSMH sub. ( Not that they need my business- they have a TV channel now- I'm watching some chick flick from the 80's right now). Does the Burke style box compare to PSMH? 

*tears*

I emailed her and she said she'll be taking the best parts of style quarterly and turning it into a new venture, I'm guessing something more manageable for one person to handle. We'll receive info in the box about it so I'll be looking out for that.

I received the shipping notice for my first and last box. After that I got the email saying my account had been canceled. I hope she can come back, I liked the previous boxes and was mad I missed out. Happy to be getting one though.

Just got shipping.

I wonder if she'll open up an online shop or something. 

I hope so!  I am so sad this subscription is coming to an end, I would have stayed subscribed a long time just because Stephanie has been so nice and responsive, and the brands I've discovered through her are all amazing and unique.  She has a great eye for curation and I hope we can all follow her on to her next venture!

It looks like shes starting another business that has a selection of premade gift bags/boxes. Sort of like sending flowers but you send a box of cute things instead. It's called Feted but with that funny thing over the e.

The spoilers came in and email so if you're subscribed i bet you got one. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the email, thanks Saffyra!  Here are the spoilers:

Shopsalus.com Shower Bombs ($2.45 each)

Apothea.co Love Potion No. 18 ($20 - fragrance is vanilla pomegranate and the packaging is beautiful)

Roundaboutbotanicals French Green Clay Mask ($10)

Faux Stone Necklace (30 inch chain, no idea on value)

Leafcutterdesigns.com Recipe Dice ($16 - not sure what to do with these, would make a good gift but not for anyone I can think of right now)

I *think* I am excited but this is definitely one I will have to have in my hands to decide.

Got my box...

image.jpg

I love those shower bombs. I received them in a Yuzen box. I need to put their website on my Christmas shopping list. There aren't many items design for showers which makes it perfect for gifting,

The recipe dice looks fun especially if you have children. I can see my 6 year old enjoying helping me figure out what to eat for dinner using the dice. I'm not a subscriber to the box.

Back