Suggest a good book to read

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Girlbomb is an awesome book! Its about a ruaway tee. It's a memoir, but the writer has a great sense of humor...Really good....Candy Girl is good too. About an unlikely stripper. Again, the wrtiter is very witty. I think I have a thang for memoirs now......

I don't read much non-fiction but I do read loads of novels - it's all about entertainment and escapsim for me.

My all time favs are LOTR and Pride and Prejudice. In fact, pretty much everything by Tolkien and Austen. I never tire of re-reading these books and keep having to buy new copies when the old ones finally fall to pieces.

Hugs,

Kath

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer!
wink.gif

I actually haven't read much non-fiction books...but here are a few of my favorite books. I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic, as u may be able to tell with my book choices:

Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel-- fantasy/love story that has a culinary twist to it. I cried at the end of this one.

Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence-- a classic! This one's about a woman who finds herself falling out of love with her husband. A good read!

Exit to Eden by Anne Rampling (Anne Rice)-- forget the movie!!! The movie was totally not how the book went. This book is a bit on the dominatrix-type love...not for the faint of heart!

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte-- love this book! This is a classic. It makes me wish for Heathcliff-and-Cathy type love. *sigh*

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks-- you'll love the book even more than the movie!

Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini-- I read this one in an English class...this is an incredible story about a man haunted about his past.

Love Story by Eric Segal-- this one was made into a movie back in the 70s. Very touching love story...

Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown- this one was a very interesting read...

Enjoy!

I just recently finished "The Onion Girl" and "Forests of the Heart" by Charles De Lint, and the were both wonderful. I'm currently reading "Blackhawk Down" by Marc Bowen, it's the book they based the movie on. It's good so far.

Back