Sunscreen/sunblock

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Can you still develop a tan with sunscreen/sunblock? I want to get a tan, but don't want the burn first. I am tanning outside, we have a pool. I am getting tired of using sunless tanners, having to reapply every other day or so. Any suggestions???

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wvpumpkin

Can you still develop a tan with sunscreen/sunblock? I want to get a tan, but don't want the burn first. I am tanning outside, we have a pool. I am getting tired of using sunless tanners, having to reapply every other day or so. Any suggestions???

Yep, I use Banana Boat with SPF4. It works well, allows sun thru along with blocking from BURN., Re-apply allot

Reaction score
yes you do tan with sun screen.

sunscreen should be applied half hour before going out side. and re applied every two hours. do not apply near eyes.

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin Can you still develop a tan with sunscreen/sunblock? I want to get a tan, but don't want the burn first. I am tanning outside, we have a pool. I am getting tired of using sunless tanners, having to reapply every other day or so. Any suggestions???

Reaction score
I think the mineral-based sunscreens are more stable and do not need to be reapplied so often except in case of sweating, getting wet, etc. European sunscreens with Tinosorb or Mexoryl are more stable.

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the quick replies. I am glad to hear that, I will be visiting walmart tomorrow to pick some up.

Latest posts