Target SUMMER 2015 box - on sale - spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lipstick was red booo. I'm sure a family member will love it.

My nail polish was Aubergine ( a wine color) Very pretty

Fekkai was the dry shampoo! I have a lot of dry shampoos but of the Fekkai products being sent I prefer this!

I'm happy with everything but the lip color. The Olay is enough to make me happy with the box, especially if it really helps these crazy dark circles. 

My women's box arrived today: Red lipstick, hot pink nail color, Fekkai gloss cream. Boo :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hoped to receive that sun spray, it would have made it easier for me to tolerate the nail color and lipstick. Oh well, maybe this cream will turn out a great find.

My men's box was shipped at the same time as this one but it did not move since day#1. Hope it arrives soon.

@puzzlepopples  let me know how that eye cream works for you.  It doesn't for me - it balls up under my eyes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My women's box arrived today: Red lipstick, hot pink nail color, Fekkai gloss cream. Boo :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hoped to receive that sun spray, it would have made it easier for me to tolerate the nail color and lipstick. Oh well, maybe this cream will turn out a great find.

My men's box was shipped at the same time as this one but it did not move since day#1. Hope it arrives soon.
What is the sun spray for? I got this and never heard of such a thing?

@ the sun spray is a hair mist spray that is supposed to protect your hair from UV rays.  It has sunflower seed oil in it and that is a no-no for me

Plus it doesn't protect your scalp from UV rays

What is the sun spray for? I got this and never heard of such a thing?
Here is the product features from their website:

PRODUCT FEATURES

Contains UV filters to help protect hair from sun damage.

Helps protect hair from color fade and dehydration.

Provides a chic shield of shine.

Smoothes and controls frizz.

Adds weightless sunkissed radiance.

Masterfully crafted by Frédéric Fekkai.

From the Frédéric Fekkai St. Barths Salon.

Here is the ingredient list:

INGREDIENTS

Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Fragrance/Parfum, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Betaine, Sodium Pca, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Serine, Glycine, Glutamic Acid, Lysine, Alanine, Arginine, Threonine, Proline, Orange 4, Red 40.

It has Ethylhexyl Salicylate, also known as Octisalate, which is an FDA approved UVB filter. It is also water-resistant, so fine to use while swimming.

My hair gets too frizzy with the humidity especially after swimming, so I was hoping to get this one to protect my hair and tame that frizz.

Let me know if you want to swap it for the brilliant glossing cream.

@ the sun spray is a hair mist spray that is supposed to protect your hair from UV rays.  It has sunflower seed oil in it and that is a no-no for me

Plus it doesn't protect your scalp from UV rays
It actually does protect from UVB rays. See my previous message for more info.

It actually does protect from UVB rays. See my previous message for more info.
Right I did - I also looked it up yesterday and it states it will not protect the scalp from UV rays.  It will protect the hair, but not the scalp.

from the site on Target where they have the info  from Fekkai themselves

Q. Does this protect the skin on your scalp as well?

A. No, this is a product for your hair only.
http://www.target.com/p/fekkai-pre-soleil-hair-radiance-and-protection-mist-5-fl-oz/-/A-16930441#

Last edited by a moderator:
Right I did - I also looked it up yesterday and it states it will not protect the scalp from UV rays.  It will protect the hair, but not the scalp.

from the site on Target where they have the info  from Fekkai themselves

http://www.target.com/p/fekkai-pre-soleil-hair-radiance-and-protection-mist-5-fl-oz/-/A-16930441#
Oh okay, you're talking about scalp.

But isn't this normal? Hair products, usually, do not automatically treat scalp, there are specific scalp treatments for this purpose.

Oh okay, you're talking about scalp.

But isn't this normal? Hair products, usually, do not automatically treat scalp, there are specific scalp treatments for this purpose.

well, I was disappointed by their premise - they stated that you don't need to wear hats or scarves with this product, when in fact, you do. 

So, they are trying to pitch this product as a protector from UV rays, when all it does it prevent your hair (which is dead cells anyway) from drying out and fading.  Or at least that is the takeaway I am getting.

I would never go out in the sun for an extended period of time without a head covering and just thought that what they said in the description was very wrong to say.  If this is a UV protector, it should protect the scalp too - hair is just hair.  It isn't alive and if it fries out, it can grow again.  Your hair won't get cancer, your scalp can. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my box today. Variations: The nail polish color is Sail La Vie and the Fekkai product is the Styling Creme. I am excited to try the hair product. I am for sure going to use the olay product but I it will be a while before I finish the product I already have open. 

I got the Fekkai spray but I had already it from a Birchbox so I'm trading it. I think this smells nice but I'm well aware you're hair doesn't really need sunscreen. And really all this product does for my hair is make it oily looking :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This Olay Renegerist Luminous eye cream is LEGIT!!!! It's thick enough, without being too thick, and it feels like a dream under my eyes.  I just used it for the first time, and I'm in LURVE.  

I got the hot pink polish and red lipstick too, and I was sad about the red lipstick at first, but it actually looks amazing on me.  I also got the dry shampoo, but I have fine hair that seems to be falling out lately like I'm a chemo patient, so dry shampoos never really work for me, but I'm going to give it a try anyways.  

I got my box today. Variations: The nail polish color is Sail La Vie and the Fekkai product is the Styling Creme. I am excited to try the hair product. I am for sure going to use the olay product but I it will be a while before I finish the product I already have open. 
Box twins!

I wasn't thrilled with the weird blue nail polish at first, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. 

I already knew I wouldn't be able to use the lipstick, since I can't wear that type of lip product, so that wasn't a surprise. I will give the styling creme a chance, but my hopes aren't terribly high.

This Olay Renegerist Luminous eye cream is LEGIT!!!! It's thick enough, without being too thick, and it feels like a dream under my eyes.  I just used it for the first time, and I'm in LURVE.  

I got the hot pink polish and red lipstick too, and I was sad about the red lipstick at first, but it actually looks amazing on me.  I also got the dry shampoo, but I have fine hair that seems to be falling out lately like I'm a chemo patient, so dry shampoos never really work for me, but I'm going to give it a try anyways.  
Be careful with the cap of the dry shampoo. I got one from birchbox and noticed one day it was sitting in a little puddle on my dresser.  Of course the bottle was completely empty after that. I think I screwed the cap on wrong. 

Be careful with the cap of the dry shampoo. I got one from birchbox and noticed one day it was sitting in a little puddle on my dresser.  Of course the bottle was completely empty after that. I think I screwed the cap on wrong. 
Aw, I'm sorry!  Mine is a aerosol container, so I don't think I'll have that issue, but either way, sorry it happened to you! 

I got the coral nail polish and the glossing creme. :/ The polish is pretty, but I had hoped for that goldish glitter polish and the hair mist. Also, the lipstick is the exact same shade that I received in the Allure Beauty Box. Oh, well. The other products are still worth over the $7 I paid for the box, so it's still good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got Aubergine nail polish, which is apparently a Target exclusive, and it's a nice berry color.  Got the same red lipstick as everyone else and the dry shampoo, which does nothing for my hair except makes it look dirtier.  I think I got the same dry shampoo in a Birchbox or Walmart box a while ago.  I'm gonna try the red lipstick on my day off and see how it looks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back