Tell me something about your city?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow all such gorgeous places
biggrin.gif

Even though i've lived in Sydney for over 5 years now i still class myself as a Melbourne girl so i will do my hometown and leave Sydney for Rosie or Bec if they get the time
biggrin.gif

melbourne-tours.jpg

Our trams
biggrin.gif
really one of the few cities in Oz to have them.

*Melbourne's famous tramway system is the largest outside the European continent and the fourth largest in the world. It stretches along 244 kilometres (152 miles) of track, and has 450 trams.

melbourne-overview-eureka-skydeck-full.jpg

Eureka sky deck, much like yours Gina..I will never go on it lol. Also one in sydney aswell.

Culture_03_large.jpg

Just an overview of melbourne city

575767236_ee1b0ca1b2.jpg

Melbourne has the best shopping in Oz IMO, its has streets with rows ad rows of sweet and cake shops that i have find memories of.

109065_52947_159af3a289_p.jpg

The National Gallery of Victoria has the world's largest stained glass ceiling - 51 metres (167.3 feet) long by 15 metres

(49.2 feet) wide

I adore melbourne because its a gorgeous mix of gothic art deco and the modern. Extremly multi-cultural. Just an all round gorgeous place. I lived in St Kilda and wanted to post photos of there but i think i've loaded enough LOL.

Anyone ever coming toOZ deffinately make time for Melbourne.

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif You know esha, I've never been to Ottawa before....I should go!

This is no good Gine.You have to come down. We're a clean city haha.
Just wanna add that I've been to the CN Tower twice and still have not built up the courage to walk on the glass floor. I've topped it with the tip of my foot haha but never actually walked on it. But heey, 3rd times a charm! lol

sacramento!

its awesome cause I live here!

hehe.

i wish i wasn't lazy so i could post some nice pictures.

google it! hehe.

Tony's pictures made me sad....reminds me of the time I used to spend in California.....those were the days
frown.gif

Sydney, Australia - woot woot!

Sydney is the largest city in Australia with a population of approximately 4.34 million people! It's a multicultural city and is famous for it's Opera House, Harbour Bridge, Centrepoint Tower and it's beautiful beaches!

Sydney Harbour

australia-sydney.jpg

Harbour Bridge & Opera House

photo_lg_sydney.jpg

Centrepoint Tower

476492.JPG

Skyline of the CBD

800px-Sydney_skyline_at_dusk_-_Dec_2008.jpg

Bondi Beach

904333-bondi-beach-01.jpg

Bondi on busy day!

bondi-beach_summer-2006-07_p1060048.jpg

You make me want to travel ! Bondi beach looks beautiful (crowd-less lol, i need space around my towel).

I live in Versailles, France

Versailles is known for its castle, mostly built under Louis the 14th, and later home of Marie Antoinette
smile.gif

Sorry if the pics are big, i took them from Wikipedia.

800px-Chateau-de-versailles-cour.jpg

800px-Orangerie.jpg

L'orangerie (taken from the large balcony above). The pic doesn't do it justice, it's really beautiful IRL.

and the gardens :

800px-Vesailles_the_garden.jpg

(in this pic the castle is in your back).

800px-Bassin_Apollon.jpg

Le bassin d'Apollon.

Another fountain :

gdes+eaux+2.jpg

Each year, during summer, take place what we call "les grandes eaux", when all the fountains are set on (with still the same mechanisms today, genius work!!). Beautiful.

800px-Ferme2.jpg

The farm, built for Marie Antoinette
smile.gif

800px-Versailles_Potager_du_Roi1.jpg

The royal vegetable garden. We can buy fruits&veggies there
smile.gif

It's a nice town to live in, and we're very close to Paris, but i think i've posted enough pics
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.djawp.com/images/pittsburgh.jpg

Nestled among rolling hills along the Allegheny, Ohio and Monongahela Rivers, Pittsburgh is the heart of a dynamic region where more than one million people live and work. Pittsburgh is on the forefront of biomedical research, computing technology, finance and business and is a hub of historical, cultural, recreational and professional sports activities.

O261AfGuDVU

You forgot to say that it is also the home of the best football team EVER Karren. #6 LOL
I'm in Bowling Green KY now and all I know that it's known for is the Corvette Museum.

It's not a very big place but I can get most things I need and anything else, there's always e-shopping. LOL One thing I love about this area is the cost of living. Came from northern Ohio and can live in a palace compared to that area. I keep telling hubby can't afford to move back because we're spoiled with that aspect. I also like the warmer weather.

How could I forget that? Maybe because its hockey season? Lol.

So do you drive a Vette? You must originally be from Toledo? Home of the Mudhens and the Rockets? Ohhh. And Champion Spark Plugs..

I am so jealous of you all. I wish I could live in Versailles or Sydney, but all we have in the small town I live in is a lot of pigs and people with a weird dialect. Oh, the joy of being a farmer.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif How could I forget that? Maybe because its hockey season? Lol.
So do you drive a Vette? You must originally be from Toledo? Home of the Mudhens and the Rockets? Ohhh. And Champion Spark Plugs..

No Vette. I actually drive a 1997 Bonneville and absolutely love it #1 because it's been paid for long ago- I think I have the oldest/crappiest car in the neighborhood even the kids drive nicer ones. LOL I'm hoping the Bonnie last until my kids head off to college-- I seriously refuse to get a mini-van. Then I'll get my vette.
My grandparents lived in Toledo- came from Germany/Czech- so very into hockey. Grandfather was a Red Wings fan and actually made his own Stanley Cup out of various sized cans. LOL. I grew up in a little town somewhat near Cleveland-- trust me nothing to write about there except maybe that it was a speed-trap.

My city is Poitiers (middle west of France) and I love it, but my city of birth (and in my heart too) is Paris.

What I love in these two towns are stones roads (more than 2000years old), old houses, little tiny road between houses in city center.

In France down town is rich and up classes, suburbs are for middle classes and less.

I love also smells and cooks flavor in the air(in the streets too), musics, happiness and festivals.

And I love Paris for more and more reasons!!!
biggrin.gif

Poitiers is a little city, very confidential but everyone knows each other. lol

Have a look on google map to find Poitiers
wink.gif

Have a nice day
wink.gif

coucou!!

je savais bien que je n'étais plus la seule française du post
biggrin.gif

remarques ca fait un baille que je ne viens plus trop trop, j'ai plus le temps il faut dire.

Mais je suis restée seule une bonne année

bibi à plus tard!!

Lol ! See you soon !

The only thing i know about Poitiers is the futuroscope
whistling.gif
It's great, but so much light in my eyes, gave me a nice headache and my eyes burnt. Oh, yeah, and Charles Martel.

classical vue of poitiers
wink.gif

do you know alienor d'aquitaine? richard coeur de lion? sainte radegonde?

notre dame la grande? le baptistere saint jean (plus vieux du monde au passage) and mny many thiongs
wink.gif

poitiers is an historical city and yes we have an attraction parc lol

now more famous than 2000 years of history

ps : I love versailles and went every week end when I was young girl
wink.gif

Yeah, I love this thread!!!! I wanna to visit Toronto, now!!!

I live in San Diego, CA and I love it here. It's beautiful!!!

San Diego is known as "America's Finest City", I happen to agree (hehe)
rockwoot.gif

San Diego is Avocado Country

San Diego is the Poinsettia Capital

7th largest city in the US with 2.5 million residents

Rimmed with 70 miles of beaches

San Diego is famed for the best climate in the United States

Truly it is like paradise to me.

san-diego-skyline.jpg

gaslamp.jpg

12205299B~imperial-beach-pier-San-Diego-CA-2-Posters.jpg

53682708.SanDiegoSkylineAtNight_24135.jpg

060304-118.jpg

SanDiegoSkyline_gde.jpg

Originally Posted by Marie-Line /img/forum/go_quote.gif classical vue of poitiers
wink.gif
do you know alienor d'aquitaine? richard coeur de lion? sainte radegonde?

notre dame la grande? le baptistere saint jean (plus vieux du monde au passage) and mny many thiongs
wink.gif

poitiers is an historical city and yes we have an attraction parc lol

now more famous than 2000 years of history

ps : I love versailles and went every week end when I was young girl
wink.gif

Lol ! I do ! Except for sainte radegonde. I admit i'm a bit rusty in history.
Really ? It's funny because i live near the castle, but i don't go there so often. I like it but i admit i often take the train and hang out in Montparnasse instead, that's one of my favorite places in Paris.

in paris I love Montmartre
wink.gif

saint germain, trocadero, obélisque, ile de la cité...

you don't know sainte radegonde??? lol google est ton ami
wink.gif
wiki aussi

san diego looks nice!!! but too big and new style for me
wink.gif

Me too, it's so romantic ! One day i was brave enough (or crazy enough) to take the stairs at Abesses. Really good exercise for your legs !
lol.gif
Although it's expensive i also go to marché saint pierre for fabric and other sewing accessories. There's also a MAC store down the street to Pigalle
biggrin.gif

Back