Tell me something about your city?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mdr!!

I did the same mistake for the eiffel tour!!!!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Marie-Line /img/forum/go_quote.gif in paris I love Montmartre
wink.gif
saint germain, trocadero, obélisque, ile de la cité...

you don't know sainte radegonde??? lol google est ton ami
wink.gif
wiki aussi

san diego looks nice!!! but too big and new style for me
wink.gif

Lol ! Okay, i googled, now i see who she is.
L'île de la cité, me too, because i'm a big fan of Saint Michel and Gibert Jeune/Joseph, usually i'll make a big walk around the streets. Plus i really like the gargoyles of Notre Dame.

Originally Posted by Marie-Line /img/forum/go_quote.gif mdr!!I did the same mistake for the eiffel tour!!!!

lol.gif
rofl.gif
I bet we're not the only ones !
There's also Opéra, for the opera itself, but also for the japanese restaurants
smile.gif
. And there's a bus that goes straight from Montparnasse to Opera, and it's fast too (well, according to the traffic of course !).

i'm from Glasgow in Scotland, i couldnt think what to say so i googled it lol...

we have the tallest cinema in the world (lol to think i've been to that cinema hundreds of times and didnt know that untill 5mins ago!)

300px-Sauchiehall_St_0015.JPG

This cathedral marks the place where the founder - St Mungo - built his church which was the basis for glasgow (i actually knew this bit!)

180px-Glasgow-cathedral-may-2007.jpg

This is a bit of the town centre that i love and think i so pretty - especially at 3am when i'm leaving the clubs and the fairy lights are on above you
smile.gif

180px-Glasgow_Royal_Exchange_Square_at_night.jpg

This is the art galleries at kelvinbridge in glasgow... myth is that the builders looked at the blueprints the wrong way round and built it back to front so that this back door is actually what was supposed to be the front.. apparently the architect jumped off the roof and killed himself when he realised what happened...

180px-Side_View_of_the_Kelvingrove_Art_Museum.JPG

Glasgow (in my opinion) is a great city, gets a bad rep for being rough but really it isnt, has great shopping and everyone is really friendly (well nearly everyone!)

Well I'm certainly a country chick lol. I don't think I could stand to live in LA but it'd be awesome to visit. For example, my dream house is at least a mile from everyone else's (and it's not a mansion lol) where I can't even see my next door neighbors. City life just isn't for me but it suits you perfectly Roodie
smile.gif

I like the look of LA till i saw Paris Hilton pic....I had the urge to take off my shoe and hit the computer...

I will visit LA one day, I should of by now my cousin goes over about twice a year to play basketball for Oz.

My hometown Hamilton ohio.

Nothing but a paper mill and closing businesses. Mindless officials. And no money.

I've also seen some bumper stickers floating around that read ''Hamilton the city that offers nothing" ya gotta love that.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.djawp.com/images/pittsburgh.jpg

Nestled among rolling hills along the Allegheny, Ohio and Monongahela Rivers, Pittsburgh is the heart of a dynamic region where more than one million people live and work. Pittsburgh is on the forefront of biomedical research, computing technology, finance and business and is a hub of historical, cultural, recreational and professional sports activities.

O261AfGuDVU

The burgh. How I miss you..soo much! I miss my teams and family and the rivers. And the science center, the stadium and kennywood. Now I'm here in Atlanta, with too many people, too much smog and way to hot weather! lol.

Liverpool UK:

The city the world famous Beatles are from, home of the Cavern Club

We have two football teams Liverpool FC & Everton FC

Actor Jason Isaacs is from Liverpool

We have a well known waterfront including the famous Liver Building with the city's emblem on the two domes, the Liverbirds

We were once a thriving town for trade via out Docks.

erm...

I'll add more if I think of em

I live in Calgary.

We are famous for the Calgary Stampede, a large rodeo that happens every summer. We are home to the Calgary Flames (hockey), Stampederes (football), Roughnecks (Lacrosse), and the vipers (baseball). We have a large Chinatown, as well as having a Little Italy.

The thing I don't like about Calgary is that we pretty much life and breath on the oil and gas industry.

Hey I live in London, we have the most corrupt politicians in the world. We have a lot of historical stuff, a lot, a lot, a lot of historical stuff. Castles, statues, big houses, streets and the old river Thames. Then we have modern stuff like Canary Wharf, Londons Docklands, the 02 Arena. So there is probably a lot to look at.

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, I forgot to add that the CN Tower has a cool glass floor that makes it feel like your floating on air....
http://tasmania.globat.com/~archibase.net/dl/articles/floor/1.jpg

You know esha, I've never been to Ottawa before....I should go!

OMG HairEgo, I think I would flip out if I was on that thing!!! YIKES!!!
I'm from LA. We got hollywood, melrose, Jack Nicholson (lol), and earthquakes! One of which recently blew the glass out on a local starbucks a few blocks away.

~Cindy

www.livingcute.com

Back