The clothes you love (but look horrible on you)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seriously k, with those legs?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Lucy /img/forum/go_quote.gif seriously k, with those legs?
wink.gif
lol exactly my thoughts!

We are our own worst critics, after all.

Another thing: shirts or dresses with belts around the waist. I think they look so cute, but I'm sure they would just make me look fat. =(

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Very funny Aude!! But I am serious! So much more looks bad on me than looks good!! Not that I wonder why or anything! But I'd be listing for ever!! Lol. Whatever Karren!
laughing.gif
You always look great!

I wish I could do the skinny jeans/boots too, but I look awful in skinny jeans. My thighs are huge .I saw pictures of me wearing them from Thanksgiving Eve, and I was like "Woah" Holy Ew.

I think I am going to try and wear it again anyway this Saturday though, because I have a really cute pair of boots that I want to wear! I figure, I need to lose weight, so anything I put on is going to not look that great anyway.

Oh yeah, and I wish I could wear sweaters with the belts around them too. I actually bought 2 really cute ones this year, but Hello muffin top!!!!!

I can't wear short sleaves or anything that shows my arms...I wish I could wear leggings, but I don't have a top that is long enough...I wish I could lose about 10 more pounds so I wouldn't be so thick in the midsection.

Things I can't wear:

Thigh-high boots -- They make me look even shorter (I'm 5'0)

Empire waist -- I look pregnant

Flared jeans

Wide-legged jeans

Scoop-necked tops -- I don't know why, but I just look awkward in them

Flats -- They make me look younger!! And shorter =(

Things I can (and do) rock:

Skinny jeans -- They somehow make me look taller

Leggings

Tube tops

High heels

Shorts/Skirts -- I love my legs

cool thread
smile.gif

for me it would be:

• pencil skirts (I got few, but i never end up wearing them, because they really emphasize my tummy)
  • backless tops/ dresses/ or some funky cuts on the back. I just cannot go without a bra, and they look silly with one.
  • a lot of nice shoes - my feet are big and many shoes don't look nice in bigger sizes.
  • shorts - I am too self conscious about my thighs.
  • dresses with thin spaghetti straps - again, I like to wear a bra, and I am not a big fan of strapless ones...

Uggs and crocs

(Then again, they're hideous by themselves anyways)

Baggy/drapy shirts

Flip flops

and shirts that are the color brown

can't believe I missed this thread!

heaps of stuff!

I can't wear:

strapless stuff - I can get away with it, but I need an epic hardcore strapless bra

maxi dresses. They make me look stumpy and fat

super baggy things - like Bec, I'm an hourglass so stuff like that makes me look fat

super low hipster jeans - they give me a muffin top.

I quite like the gypsyish boho kind of look, but I look like a try-hard dork in it!

Mine is anything with ruffly or puffy big sleeves, I have broad shoulders as it is and it makes me look top heavy.

- halter tops

- any trapeze style/flowy tops

- tank tops

- shapeless clothes like Old Navy

- skinny jeans (years of playing soccer = big legs!)

- cap sleeves

I look bad in a variety of things but good in a variety of things too..

My biggest problem is my oddly long upper body and big boobs.. Its so hard for me to find shirts that I don't have to wear a long fitted spegetti strap top underneath.. Most of the jackets I try on make it just past my belly button!

Plus ontop of this all I have broad shoulders and also I hate the inventor of skinny jeans.. haha

oh! those 60s mini dresses that fall from the bust. They look gorgeous on petite girls, but because I have a larger top, they make me look fat
frown.gif
I mean this type:

karta2000713149_prod_medium.jpg

mod+minidress+-+16th+dec.jpg

Interesting thread.. I haven't dived in here much, but here goes:

Natural fabric / flowy-hippy look stuff (very loose tops, baggy, etc)

boatneck tops

strapless tops

most fitted tops look cropped (long arms and torso)

anything that exposes too much shoulder (tanks, strappy tops, etc)

Loose pants / jeans / slacks

loose dresses

super-low rise pants / jeans

leggings (beanpole exaggerated)

sandals (not-so-pretty, big feet)

What I can wear:

Any fitted denim, some skinny fits

tshirts of all types

hip-hugging dress slacks

turtlenecks

skirts and long skirts with slits

boots with fitted calves

v-neck sweaters

very long sleeve tops

I SO need to go through my closet and nix stuff.. just don't want to throw the money away. :-(

I can't wear snug fitting dresses. They look great with my slim build and small breasts, but I have an ever so slight pot belly, and whenever people see me in one of these dresses, they ask when I am due, because they believe I'm pregnant. Also, corsets, strapless dresses and low cut/scoop tops, because of my small breasts.

Gutted about how many of you can't wear skinny jeans. I hve a pair of black 'emo' style skinny jeans, and today I have bought some leather look skinny jeans too which I adore. I used to hate having a curvy bum, but now I love it!
laughing.gif

Tank tops, skinny jeans, pencil skirts and any strappy top. I have a little fat where my underarms are and it just doesn't look right with those kind of tops.

I can't wear tunics very well. They always seem to make me look boney. The same can be said for tube tops even though I still wear them.

Also, anything slightly oversized just doesn't work for me. I love the look of an 80s inspired frock, but if it doesn't hug me in the right places, I just disappear in it. I think that form fitting clothes look the best on me.

i also love how some girls look with over sized shirts! i think its so cute but i have little to no breasts so i can not pull it off! i seriously look like a man in them.

i would also like to wear strapless dresses, however i have no boobs to hold them up so they never look good on me.

heels make me look unsteady and clumsy

frown.gif
boo.

oh and strapy tank tops... they make me look super boney which is not attractive.

Back