The Falsies Mascara: Yes or No?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't like it, I only used it about twice and never bothered again.

It didn't even look black to me. And like nearly everyone else very clumpy!

Harley

I bought this a few weeks ago and I have been really impressed with it. When I saw the commercial, I knew I had to try it - I'm all about dramatic, kinda fake looking lashes. The first time I used it, I did encounter a clumping problem. The trick is to use a light hand and layer it. I usually do about two (sometimes three coats) with a light hand to reach the desired results. So far, so good! No clumping, no flaking into my eyes, etc. I will likely be repurchasing it - which is more than I can say about any other mascara I have tried in the last two or three years.

i love it actually...it really lengthens my lashes...no flakes...no clumps....if it only thickened them i'd never use another mascara

i hope that I do like it, I just got 2 of these on sale, lol. I will let you know what I think once I get a chance to apply it.

Wow, I thought I was the only one that disliked the Falsies because I've always heard people praise this. My L'Oreal Double Extend definitely trumps this, both in lengthening and volumizing.

The commerical got me so excited, but I can't stand this mascara. It's very clumpy and flakes all over the place. After a few hours I have black flecks of mascara all over my face. Thumbs down!

I have naturally long/thick lashes, so I mostly like any mascara.

The Falsies was okay (mine dried out pretty quickly though!).  I used up my tube, but I probably won't buy again.  CG Lash Blast is way better, imo. 

I don't like it very much. I have long and thick lashes to begin with and this formula clumped terribly on me, which I very rarely have a problem with. It also, for some reason, always makes a couple of my shorter lashes flip downward and I spend all day trying to get them to flip right-side-up so they aren't scratching my eye. 

The commercial was great, and it convinced me to buy it, but I'm just glad I got the mascara on sale. 

I will say YES...

I have this Mascara and i like it although I dont use it daily.. I wear mascara only for parties or event...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara!!!

The only thing I don't like is after I finish building it up, I take a Dior Show's fat fluffy brush and spread it out for volume. 

I guess I don't have that many lashes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so the brush gives me the length but nothing else. 

Its great though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Highly Recommend! 

http://www.thebeautyfulblog.com

well I was just looking for people's opinions on this mascara and ran across this old thread.. I think The Falsies is now my favorite mascara.. I have longer, fuller lashes to begin with.. but this just makes them WOW... I have no problems w/clumping or flaking.. at all.

I don't know it if makes a difference, but I always use Hard Candy Lash Primer BEFORE I apply The Falsies mascara.. just out of habit...  I use it on other people too.. and no clumps or flakes..

THE only problem.. is that.. now I am noticing on the brush.. more goop on the end when I pull it out.. or more goop build up on the top.. I just take a tissue and wipe away.

It's not bad for the price...and i find it better than Diorshow mascara ( i hate it ). 

Falsies.. worked for me for about 2 months, then started to build up on the brush and the lashes..making them spidery. 

I think it's perfect for a spidery vampiric lashes look such as this:

I haven't used the Maybelline one yet but I often find false lash mascaras frustrating because they don't deliver the results they advertise. The only one that I really love is Maxfactor's False Lash Fusion. It makes my lashes super long, gives volume and you can wear it all day without it flaking. 

Back