The Grudge?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the movied "The Grudge"?

Without giving anything away (spoilers), can you tell me what kinda movie it was and whether it was GOOD?

Let me know, as I have downloaded it.
icon_eek.gif

I was dying to see this on DVD coz i missed it in the cinema. It is kinda good & frightening at times but the same thing is repeated throughout the movie so it gets kinda boring. Watch it anyway
biggrin.gif

I thought it was pretty scary for the most part-a possessed house. I agree with Laura as, there is a lot of repetition, so it can drag on.

Lucky that you downloaded it and not waste your time & money at the theater, Tony. I, on the other hand, felt duped when I went to see it. Not exactly what it was advertised as. What I remember from that night was everyone in the theater screaming at the characters to run and lots of laughing. I wouldn't watch it with your son in the room though, parts of it can be a bit much for younger children. I love horror films, but this one was lacking the horror and had plenty of the same thing over and over like everyone already mentioned. Enjoy the movie.

To all who have seen it already::::

I went to see this with my cousins and there's this one thing in the movie (the sound - if everyone remembers) that freaked one of my cousins out and the entire week after we saw the movie, the rest of us would just call her and do the sound, loll oh come on it was funny (I know we're awful, but what's family for)
wink.gif

i was so disappointed with this movie,i thought it made no sense and wasnt scary at all.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

The Japanese version much more creepy I think.

But still it didn't get me at all.

I guess, I watched too many horror movie.

It was creepy... I thought it would've been a little better than it was - they pretty much used the best parts in the coming attractions
wink.gif
But it was pretty good. And that noise was freaky!!! lol
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 It was creepy... I thought it would've been a little better than it was - they pretty much used the best parts in the coming attractions
wink.gif
But it was pretty good. And that noise was freaky!!! lol
tongue.gif
Hahha yes for the noise Janelle!

I always make a freaky noise like that to scared my husband when he is smoking in the toilet!! lol.

I thought it was lame. It had a lot of potential, but it was really poorly done. I hope that the original Japanese version was better, and that it just didn't get translated and remade correctly. It really could have been a much cooler movie.

Originally Posted by Leony

Hahha yes for the noise Janelle!I always make a freaky noise like that to scared my husband when he is smoking in the toilet!! lol.

Your HB smokes in the toilet?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Your HB smokes in the toilet? Yes and it's driving me crazy!!. I hate it when he do that!!!
icon_cry.gif
I don't allow him to smoke in the house, so he always sneakup up to the toilet and smoke. I just have to be smarter than him, I need to find away to stop him from smoking in the toilet room.

He's never even clean the fan when it's get dirty, why men are so lazy when it's come to house chores.
mad.gif

Haha, I'm not Japanese.

I'm Indonesian with four ethnics mix blood. ( Chinese, Dutch, Persian/Iranian, Indonesian)

Thanks Tony.

Yes, I speak Japanese everyday, English online, and Indonesian once a month.

Back