The Look Bag - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a strong feeling this box is going to be the best of theirs since they are trying to get new members back. I'll stick it out one more month and then most likely cancel.

I really don't have any issues with expired products as long they're not harmful. IMO it's better to give them to someone then to throw them out/waste them and pollute the environment (or at least take up more space than needs to be taken in landfills). I'm always for reusing things and giving things away to create less trash.

That being said, I don't think it's worth almost $13 though to get all expired products.

The Freeman body wash is discontinued. The pop beauty nail polish is also discontinued (at least in North America). The York lip balm is discontinued, although it seems to be a product that pops up frequently closer to Christmas time, so is POTENTIALLY a new run, although I wouldn't count on it. The Stila is definitely discontinued (according to Dermstore, anyway, who recommend an alternative item). So whether expired or not, 80% of the bag is discontinued items, of which at least two (Freeman and York) were both drugstore items.

No, this isn't hugely new information (other than the confirmation on the Stila). However, presuming that the items aren't expired, I'm sure plenty of folks feel that they got good value for their bag. Personally, I'm glad I didn't sign back up. .69 lip balm, 6.95 eyeshadow, .99 body wash (based on the cost of their masks), $10 nail polish, and $4.50 lip primer (prices are from amazon or soap.com, except for the body wash)....technically, you're getting products "worth" more than you paid, but I wouldn't feel it was much of a bargain.

'Discontinued' doesn't bother me at all. I personally prefer to get large items to try because I don't buy the full sizes, I use the samples till they are gone, then use more samples. I'll stick with this subscription, it gives me exactly what I want! Plus, the Pixi is worth $18, so with one item paying for more than what the bag cost, makes it a very good bargain for me 
icon_razz.gif

Discontinued does bother me because when you're trying products through a sampling program you're doing it to experience products you normally wouldn't try and therefore if you end up liking it you want to buy it. If it's going to contain discontinued items then the customer should be warned it's expired or discontinued, to do otherwise is shady.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

'Discontinued' doesn't bother me at all. I personally prefer to get large items to try because I don't buy the full sizes, I use the samples till they are gone, then use more samples. I'll stick with this subscription, it gives me exactly what I want! Plus, the Pixi is worth $18, so with one item paying for more than what the bag cost, makes it a very good bargain for me 
icon_razz.gif
I feel the same way. There are SO many products and brands out there I wouldn't want to keep buying the same thing anyway, what fun is that? I'd rather try out the BRANDS and then if I like them continue to try out different products by them. I'm not a fan of sticking to the same thing for years (unless it's a skin product).

I'm going keep my eye on this sub for another month or so before I decide to join, as it looks like I'm going to be dropping BB.

So The Look Bag has blocked me from posting on their wall or commenting on anyone else's wall posts on their wall. Reason, I posted how I was impressed by how fast my bag came HOWEVER I was concerned that all but one item was DISCONTINUED. They deleted (or possibly hid) my post and blocked me from their wall.

My recommendation:

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THE LOOK BAG.
Prior to them shutting down in August the products were mediocre with products such as handmade soap and body cream/lotion put into a jar with a handwritten label, Now DISCONTINUED products? YUK. No thanks.

I actually loved most of my Look Bags that I received before they cancelled their service. I never resubbed due to my closet looking like a sample warehouse exploded and because they seriously mishandled some sensitive customer information. I'm paranoid about stuff like that.

I loved that gingerbread soap :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> smelled so yummy.

They blocked my page from posting/commenting on their Facebook wall as well as my personal account. ANY company that blocks people are SCAM ARTISTS.

www.facebook.com/thelookbag/posts/516099201752752

Got off the phone with Liz at Stila Cosmetics.

Makalu has been expired for AT LEAST THREE YEARS. The shadow is EXPIRED. The Look Store/The Look Bag is NOT AUTHORIZED to distribute their products.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got off the phone with Liz at Stila Cosmetics.

Makalu has been expired for AT LEAST THREE YEARS. The shadow is EXPIRED. The Look Store/The Look Bag is NOT AUTHORIZED to distribute their products.
Oh no! This is sad! Strike two!! WHat is the next best thing to do?

I'm emailing The Look Store / The Look Bag for a refund since the bag contains expired items. If they refuse I'm disputing it since they're not authorized to distribute Stila in the first place and the product is expired. I've emailed Pop Beauty however it's 7 PM in London so I don't expect a reply from them until Monday. I'm calling Pixi and Freeman Beauty next.

Has anyone tried canceling their look bag account? I am not sure if the cancellation went through. This was my first and last look bag. I don't eat expired food so why should I put expired products on my body. So disappointed!

They blocked my page from posting/commenting on their Facebook wall as well as my personal account. ANY company that blocks people are SCAM ARTISTS.
Oh, so MyGlam/Ipsy are scam artists, too? Good to know.

I've never had experience with MyGlam/Ipsy blocking people OTHER than those who were abusive in cussing on their wall. When I admined their wall there were LOTS of a comments that were marked as spam and I had to mark as not spam. In my case, I know the wall post was visible since I had people tell me they saw it and that it was later deleted. Totally different than what happened at MyGlam/Ipsy. I know Mira doesn't ban people for not liking something or voicing their displeasure such as when the XOut hoopla took place but she will ban if the comments are abusive.

glossybox has blocked me twice. I think they ended up unblocking me again since it looks like I can post on their statuses- but I don't see an option to post on their wall. I was really upset about it to, but I cancelled and got over it. 

I've never had experience with MyGlam/Ipsy blocking people OTHER than those who were abusive in cussing on their wall. When I admined their wall there were LOTS of a comments that were marked as spam and I had to mark as not spam. In my case, I know the wall post was visible since I had people tell me they saw it and that it was later deleted. Totally different than what happened at MyGlam/Ipsy. I know Mira doesn't ban people for not liking something or voicing their displeasure such as when the XOut hoopla took place but she will ban if the comments are abusive.
*shrug* From what I've seen of the above poster's posts here, I doubt seriously that she was abusive. Perhaps it's a difference in styles in the various people who have performed admin duties on the page. 

Back