The maxiglide!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everybody for all the recs! I am going to check out the website! Is it made by Conair? I wonder if they have European votage options for us gals over here? That's the main problem....I (we) find a kick a** product that doesn't work on the voltage over here:madno:. Thank you for the idea and website really! I appreciate it and am just being a big crybaby:(

LOL I thought that too. I was gonna post about till I saw your post and then you saw someone elses post. LOL. Anyways. Yeah, weird name. :wassatt:

I have 2 biracial daughters. The CHI works better for their hair than the Maxiglide.

I haven't seen many straightened styles done w/ an iron that still leave body & volume... it usually is pretty flat. There are ways to make waves with the irons to get more volume, but just ironing it - tends to just make it flat and smooth.

I too was contemplating the maxiglide/ FHI/ or Solia. Solia won out for me and my best one recently bought one and returned her maxiglide. Basically she liked the steam part and it did straighten her transitioning hair, but you have to take small sections hair and gently glide it down, never squeezing or that's when you snag and loos some hair, plus it was just too bulky for here to get used to. So I never got to try it and since you have to take small sections I'll stick with my Solia, it gets my hair straighter than any relaxer ever did.

Guess I'm a bit late to this thread! But I still had to put my 2 cents in for the Maxi Glide because I love it! I have never been so impressed with a hair appliance before. When this one wears out I will go buy a new one immediately, no question. HERE is my MuT review if anyone is interested. :icon_smil

I have naturally curly hair and I am absolutely awful at straightening my hair. My hair is super long (down to my waist when it's straight) and my sister gave me the maxiglide as a Christmas gift. Knowing my lack of hair straightening skills, she said the maxiglide was "idiot-proof." I have to agree with her. This is the only iron that I've used where I was successful at straightening my hair myself. I highly recommend it!!!!

My Maxiglide went kaput a week ago. :scream3: I'd had it almost 2 years, so I guess that's about average. I have been substituting with an old ceramic flat iron that I keep as a backup. It SUCKS! And I used to think it was pretty good! I am bidding on a new Maxiglide on eBay. I neeeeeed it back!

I own a maxiglide and I LOVE it. It definitely is bulky though and that is a big minus but otherwise- this thing straightens my hair in 15 minutes flat. I have a LOT of hair and it is super curly and thick so believe me- I need a good flat iron.

Just a note to let non-US ppl know that the MaxiGlide doesn't work with our electricity voltage...

I baught one a while back and their sells person told me that with the right AC converter it'd be fine - well, that's not true! a minute after I turned it on there was an electricity shortage...they did say they are planning to release a European version at the year's end, but I won't buy it again, was too mad at them...

Anyhow, I think I still have that extra plate and the DVD, if someone is interested in those I can search them and mail...just pm me...

Back