The Official ANTM Cycle 8 Thread *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the beginning of the show, I never thought Jaslene would've won, but when it started getting closer to the end, you could kinda see her stepping up more. I loved the photoshoot for the mens and womens magazines. Gorgeous shots!

I thought Jaslene was just trashy. If their main goal was to find an "easy breezy beautiful" Cover Girl, they should have picked somebody with a soft and girly, CLASSY features and personality, features that hoodrat Jaslene doesn't have. I think that CoverGirl made a big mistake in hiring her, after all, it's a one-year contract... but who knows, perhaps CG's undercover plan is to expand their "like around the corna in like yo hood" popularity? I wish them luck.

She had no say on where she grew up, she shouldn't be blamed for that or the accent she grew up with, with the people around her. It's just mean what you said. That just shows that some people think there's only one kind of beauty, and this girl IS pretty...

^ Uh oh! *I am gonna try to make light of your quote above.*

I don't even remotely claim to know the girl. But she is from Brooklyn. People who come from Brooklyn are famously known for their distinct accent. Where she lived, that was the norm.

She came out with the features she was born with, and made the most of what she could with them. This is the most you could ask anybody to do, right?

In fact, hiring Jaslene may have opened up a whole sector of the previously unattended Latino spending power. Now Latinas can look at her and think: "I really can find my makeup in mainstream markets. I finally identify with that face they put in that ad." Hispanic/Latino people make up the biggest minority population in the United States right now. Gosh, if they could convert even a small fraction of Latinas to use CG exclusively, well, they just made their money back many times over right there!

They could go with someone soft, beautiful, and forgettable, to try to convert the already converted... or, they could try something new, which is what they did.

well said!

I do think Jaslene has some great qualities (she's got a good high-fashion look), but she's so damn skinny, it's almost scary!

good score for the Latinas, but a bit of setback when it comes to being more open-minded about body types in the modelling worlds...

it's also a bit petty to attack her accent. not cool!

Whoops! My mistake. I didn't pay attention to the details throughout the season, but I was almost 100% sure she was from Brooklyn. Yikes! My bad.

Oh well. But anyway, minus the Brooklyn slip, I still stand by everything else I wrote.

Can you post pictures of Janice... cause I can't find any young pictures of her where Jaslene resembles her.

i don't think jaslene was anymore big-headed than any of the other girls. they all thought they should win, apparently.. hence why they're on the show in the first place. if anyone, natasha talked about herself far more than any of the other girls. i'm glad jaslene won! woohoo! and that body definately is fit for a runway.

Here are some pictures

268756584_l.jpg

meghan3.jpg

janice_in_dp_by_bert_stern.jpg

This page has more pictures of her.

I guess she kind of looks like her. I mean Jaslene looks like her more than I do, but I don't really see the resembelance

Ok, I see it in these pictures.

I don't really care if she's fit for modeling or not, but anybody whose whole identity is based on being "from to hooooooood" will never get an ounce of respect from me.

I do agree with Nox though, in the sense that Jaslene was a strategic choice and that CG probably hired her to hit the latino market.. which is a good business decision, no doubt about that.

Still I hope that the latin girls identify with her based solely on her skintone and latin features, and not her attitude. I would feel sorry for anybody who would actually look at her as a role model or something, I really hope it never comes to this.

Back