The Official ANTM Cycle 8 Thread *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry i am going to have to do this but..DOOD!..you are so ignorant. I am sorry, i am sorry, i am sorry. Please mods, dopnt fine me but..Sorry, i had to say it. Anyone from the hood will never get your respect? How do you even justify such a statement. I am not from the hood, and i do have my reservations about some people there but doesnt mean i will never respect anyone there. She has made something of herself. Why cant you be happy for her?

MissNadia, don't be a hater, she had her dreams come true and she's just happy to be where she is given where she came from.

I'll disregard your little comment because I don't intend to start a shitstorm, and I'll even grace you with a response because I feel particularly nice tonight.

Go re-read what I said, and you'll see how I was speaking specifically about her and her attitude, without generalizing to include EVERYBODY from 'the hood'. And believe me I know a lot of people who have been burried in deep crap, were subject to messed up environments and that have made it out. And the reason I respect these people is that they actually do have stories to tell and share their experience to encourage and inspire others that are in the same situation as them to show them that there's hope, that there's something better out there no matter how hard life gets.

I respect people who have dreams, who move things around to make things happen for them, who are inspiring and inspire others. In all the challenges and camera moments, what did Jaslene have to say about her and her passion and identity other than "yeah I'm from the hood like omg what". She had nothing interesting at all to say, neither about her past nor her future. It was all about her cockiness and talking worthless smack. The way she interacted with the other chicks also was so juvenile, it was just highschool-like drama queen attitude. What's ignorant in my opinion is to be rooting for somebody who has nothing at all to bring to the table other than looks (then again, even looks are very subjective as we can see in this thread).

Ok, I get what you're saying now I understand. But she really did try to be nice when some of the other girls were fighting in the house, I noticed it a lot. I love what Natasha said in one of her interviews in the bonus clips on The CW Television Network she's awesome, and I'm sure she will get a contract too cause she also deserves it!

Oh, btw did anyone see that Sarah is with ELITE??? That was weird... actually I forgot what modeling agency but I saw her pic up on their website.

I respect the fact that everyone has an opinion. We only got to see a few hours of what she is really like. So perhaps the show edited her to be that way. We all have different sides to us and if people catch us in a bad mood and that is what they show, then you aren't a pleasant person. i think that there are a lot of people who can identify with her just like they can identify with the other girls. I am not a fan of Jaslene but I can see why people are getting offended. It is just a show people... we didn't see everything that went on.

Yeah that's totally true, they do edit the tapes to show whatever they feel like. But I'm just commenting based on what I saw and the type of person she seemed to be. And well, I'm not too fond of that type.

I think the show is edited because thats what they think will appeal to most hispanic people and really they are wrong. I also think the show is rigged and they wanted a new ethnicity. I just felt like sharing. lol

dude..drama. jaslene had an accent but as to everything else she didn't do anything trashy or do anything worth not respecting her for

she was there to win and i respect her for that, she has a lot of drive.

Ditto. Nor did I really hear her talk smack, not any more than any of the other girls. Dionne and Renee were the big smack talkers, IMO. She came across as sweet and very focused to me.

Back