The official brushes thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have several of their eyeshadow brushes, and their long-handled dual fiber stippling brush, and there haven't been any duds among them. Have you seen the reviews on You Tube?

I find the natural fiber brushes to be a bit scratchy but that is often so with natural bristles and I have a super sensitive skin. They get a bit softer after a few washes. (The only natural fiber brushes I got from them was because I couldn't make out on the website whether they were synthetic or not. I'm usually an all-synthetic girl, both for animal-friendly and for skin reasons
wink.gif
)

i just got my coastal scents order of the pink kabuki and the pink-handled stippling brush. i really love the kabuki, for 4.99, it's well worth-it. i washed it and 2 hairs shedded, no biggie. the stippler shed a LOT. but i think that it's a great product anyhow. i've used it for really pigmented blushes and it worked its magic. i don't really intend to use that stippler for foundation application or anything and bought it specifically for blush.

The new fibreoptic stippling brush that Silk Naturals has is great for blush application - and at $6, hard to go wrong.

I got the sonia kasuk flat top and I was wondering anyhere knows where to find a flat top that is a little bit bigger than this one, the diameter of the top of my sonia kasuk brush is appoximately 1 inch, so one with 1 1/4 would be great

i use EDM flat top brush for foundation, and EDM long handle kabuki for finishing powder.

their brushes are so soft, and purchased in a kit, are really good bargain

I got Signature's Luscious kabuki and concealer brush - and looove them! They are soooo soft. So I ordered blush brush also, can't wait to get it. But on my next EDM order I'll include flat top brush in 'personal custom kit' as it's so highly recommended here.

I suspect my EDM flat-top is eating my foundation...
biggrin.gif

When I still used the ordinary goat hair-brush (very scratchy), I used to apply much less powder. Now as I use the EDM synthetic I put double the amount on the brush to get the same result (in coverage). Perhaps it is true then - EDM flat-top delivers the powder into the skin, not just on it. Since no powder remains in the brush itself, there can be no other explanation.

Dame Ali, I get that too!! I thought it was just me. I was using both Lumiere's and EDM's kabuki with minimal foundation and since I had both of them still wet from having washed them, I used my EDM flat top and I had to use soo much more foundation.

Anyone have any suggestions for a nice, affordable brush that allows for a lighter application of minerals? I have been using BE's flawless face brush, but it's a bit scratchy and would like something a little fluffier.

Originally Posted by NYCLaura /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anyone have any suggestions for a nice, affordable brush that allows for a lighter application of minerals? I have been using BE's flawless face brush, but it's a bit scratchy and would like something a little fluffier. I like the everyday minerals long handled synthetic kabuki brush for a light application. It's as soft as silk.

I am loving the coastal scents synthetic wide buffer brush:

Coastal Scents: Synthetic Wide Buffer Brush

It is SO soft, and gives a very natural-looking application of mineral foundation without the need to buff too much. It is lovely! And my favorite part is: It is synthetic!

It costs $15 I think. So it is a good deal.

there is a post befor days ago from some stor brush in Chaina. she wrote a lot of posts about her brushes.. why the posts deleted?

do you have a site or somthing? because I don't know if this aloud here..

I don't want any problems with the moderators.. I will respect them desicion.

I have been here for a long time..

I just tried out a new brush for applying my MMU - the new Mac 189 brush (synthetic chisel paddle brush). Prior to this I used synthetic flat top brushes to apply, and was pretty happy with them. Not anymore! The 189 is great for laying down your fdn in stripes if you're using a no-buff formula (I use Meow). I seem to have better coverage while using less powder.

It's not a cheap brush, but I'm totally happy with it.

I love my EDm long handled kabuki...it's so soft, no shedding and cute...it's just a little small than what Im used to but I still love it!

I'm in dire need of a fluffy powder brush since my prestige mini powder brush is so scratchy! I need to wash it after 2-3 uses because it gets very scratchy if not newly washed
frown.gif

I also like Lumiere's duo fiber optc brush...soft and never sheds but the down fall is that the head is so "thin"..I'm used to having a duo fiber that has a thicker head because it's way easier to cover all areas of my face hehe but I still like the fact that it never sheds..not even once
smile.gif

i have a ghostcart at coastal scents for:

a pink kabuki, a kolinksy retractable lip brush and an italian badger round crease brush

do you girls think this is a wise choice? should i NOT buy anything from my list? I'm kinda hesitant with CS because of the polarized reviews, but then again, they are very cheap. *lol*

Latest posts

Back