The Official Eyeshadow for Beginners Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow..this is really a great guide ..especially for beginners like me =)..thx..hope to get more tips on it..

exactly what I needed. Tysm. I have a book on hold at the library and will post any new tips I find.

Ohhh yeyyy!!! I was starting to get worried, all I see ar advance makeup tutorials and tips.

Sadly, i dont know anything about wearing e/s

My technique is a bit boring but it works... I have yet to master anything beyond beige...

I buy a lot of eyeshadow only to find it doesn't look right on me. I have sleepy eyes and a small face. Usually I end up looking like a raccoon. To brighten my eyes and look more "awake" I put foundation and/or powder over my whole eye. Then blush on the crease and below and a white highlighter under the outer brow. It does work and uses makeup I already have... not much fun, but it does the trick... just be careful on the shade of blush. I have light skin with yellow undertones. The blush I use is more peach than pink. I used a pink a few times and looked sickly instead.

Also, I only put mascara on top lashes and use gray (day) and black or dark brown (night) shadow as liner, again on top lashes only.

I did take a makeup lesson at a salon and the only useful thing I learned was white or light highlighter under the outer brow and wiggle your mascara wand while applying to help separate the lashs. On The Tyra Show they claim this also helps deposit more macara at the base of your lashes and can sustitute for liner. I don't like a lot of mascara near my eye because it bothers me, so I haven't fully explored this technique.

Highlighter under the brow was advised to me when I wore glasses, but works just as well without.... they did caution that you must have well-groomed brows to do this because it calls attention to them.

i love this thread thanx for posing all these info ..i now how to apply eyeshdow ,,

i like to mix my eyeshdow with cream sometimes ..it looks good and it stays longer
smile.gif

i have yet to master the art of blending

and i still don't know what colours i should use to make my eyes pop (apart from blue)

i need help

Originally Posted by Jinjer /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have yet to master the art of blending and i still don't know what colours i should use to make my eyes pop (apart from blue)

i need help

What colour are your eyes? The best way to make your eyes pop is to use a contrasting eye shadow colour.

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif What colour are your eyes? The best way to make your eyes pop is to use a contrasting eye shadow colour. brown....sometimes they're really dark and intense and sometimes they're light

I have a really really hooded eye. As an AA woman, 1) I worry about using different colors, and 2) powder shadows looking chalky on my lids. Compounding this, I have super oily lids. I can get eyeshadow to last for about an hour, before it succumbs to the oil! Layering them with cornstarch first works for now, but that is due to cold weather. In the summer? Who knows what I'll do.

Originally Posted by Jinjer /img/forum/go_quote.gif brown....sometimes they're really dark and intense and sometimes they're light Then jewel tones will look amazing! If you're nervous of that then something like emerald green eye liner on a natural eye look will look great.

Great tips for beginners like me.

I have a question I have dark brown eyes but I do not think I can go out with purples or blues in India. The general crowd may not like it
frown.gif

What else can be used for dark brown eyes and tan skin ?

And How do you identify the eye type like wide-set, close etc?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back