The Official Fitness Challenge Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we're going to have to post measurements because IIRC that's what we're using to determine the winner. :icon_bigg Additional measurements would be definitely the upper thigh area and arms. Both areas would be measured at the fullest point. IMO, from the existing chart, the only one that I think is not so necessary is the "low waist" measurement. It's almost redundant to the natural waist measurement. So, if we skipped that one point and added my two suggestions (of course this is just a suggestion...lol!) then we would have:

1. Bust

2. Waist

3. Hip

4. Upper Thigh

5. Arm

Other ideas: pictures are a good idea, and maybe for those that don't want to do a full body shot can do pics of the specific area while measured w/ the tape measure? For example...like for one shot have the waist with the tape measure around it, with the number apparant and clear? With this there will be a level of proof where we are and where we end up. Juuust a suggestion! *grins!* :icon_chee :icon_redf :icon_redf

Edited to add example of a measurement photo. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Kerry you said it better than I ever could have! Those measurement locations are utter perfection, and you explained them perfectly! :clap And yes, you recall correctly, we are doing this contest by measurements. You will win or lose the Challenge literally by inches! :icon_bigg

I'll probably take a couple scary pics for reference myself, and some with the tape measure around me as proof.

So what does everyone think about formally saying we will pool $20 each? It seems like it is what most of you are saying. If we all agree on it, I'll go change the original post.

oops i was having a memory failure there i was still thinking about the old post when we were considering # of workouts determining the winner.

i'm having problems w/ the bust measurements. it doesn't see right to me to go around the arms across the boobs. shouldn't we just go across the boobs at the fullest part and under the arms? i mean, we're already doing arms in a different measurement.

geez, i've amended this a few times. sorry guys, i'm going to have to go w/ $15

You're correct - measure under the arms across the fullest part of the breast. Just like how you measure for a bra! :icon_bigg

Becka, you measure under the arms around the fullest part of the breasts. For arm measurements, you would measure around the fullest part of the bicep/triceps.

KittySky...I was an aerobic instructor and personal trainer for almost 6 years...and I worked out regularly every day (except Sundays) for 4 of the last 5 years. In fact, I was in my regular clothes 12 days after I had my daughter (and that was only because my hips didn't want to go back down! LOL)...but that was 3 1/2 years ago. I got lazy last year and packed on the (35) pounds. Now, I'm just not happy with my weight (nor my lack of energy) and so I am going back to my old workout routine. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My cardio routine today kicked my butt and I'm ready for bed. *sigh*

I can't wait to get started!! I'm in for up to $20...so anything to that amount and it's a go for me.

ok, here we go:

bust: 36

natural waist: 32

belly button: 36

hips: 38

upper thighs: 22.5

arms: 11

145 lbs, 5'7 1/2"

w/ a body frame like mine it makes sense to do both waist measurements,

ie. at my belly button I'm a fair bit larger than my natural waist measurement, and I rarely lose any inches at the natural waist. I need 4" GONE at the b button!!

That's amazing! That is because you were so in shape, if you worked out like that again I bet you'd lose the 35 lbs pronto.

AWESOME! I was also a Aerobic Instructor!! Did some light personal training, but just for friends and family. :icon_bigg I also have a Bachelor's Degree from UF in Nutritional Science with a Specialization in Dietetics... What did you teach?

These are my measurements

1. Bust 36

2. Waist 32.5

3. Hip 39.5

4. Upper Thigh 22

5. Arm 12.5

Total inches: 142.5

Weight is 140 lbs

Height is 5'4"

Ack!!!!!!!!!! It looks bad typed out, lol didn't realize I needed to lose so many inches..

I can not wait to start this challenge.....

This is a before photo of me :0) Not very pleasing to look at I know, but it is me. Hopefully after this challenge I will look a ton better. I couln't take a pic with my camera cause it is broken the cat knocked it off the table about 3 weeks ago and have yet to get another one or get that one fixed for that matter. Anyhow this wasn't that far ago anyways :0)

Ok I hope I'm not too late for this - but I'm in as well! I'll be a Group 2 person, I was into a decent routine of working out towards the end of last year, but have done nothing at all since. I need the motivation! Plus I'm in an LDR at the moment and the next time I see my boyfriend is the first week in April (and it'll be a bikini holiday, aah! :icon_chee ) so I want to look gorgeous.

I will take my measurements tonight and post them up in the morning.

Good luck everyone! Oh and I'm happy to put in anything up to $20 as well.

Thanks for the great challenge girls!

PS Also, I'm hoping I'll get to know you all better through doing this together :icon_love

I taught aerobics: CardioBoxing, Beginners Cardio Jam, Cardio Pump (which did cardio workouts and then utilized weights...more like an interval intensity workout). I also taught PilatesBall and Advanced Abs (I hated this class at first. It was a 45 minute "Ab class" and the instructor before me just worked on different ab routines, but you can never just work out abs, you have to do back and legs...I ended up turning it into a "core workout").

Anyways, I was certified, but have since let my certification run out (you need to update all the time). I have no more interest in doing training...except on myself.

The hardest thing for me is to go to the gym and watch people do weights WRONG...I am constantly fighting with myself if I should say something or not. Of course, the Sagittarius in me usually wins out and I say something. LOL Oh, well. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Okay...here I am. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Since I don't expect to experience changes that would be noticable with clothes on, I'm going to 'bare almost all' for my before and after shots. I'll wear this same swimsuit in my after shots, too! Oh, joy. :icon_roll

What I hope to achieve during this challenge is better all-over muscle tone and a reduction in inches in my waist, hip and thigh area.

I placed myself in Group 1 because I'm already in a workout routine: 45-minute cardio + low weight sculpting 6x per week. I'm using Leslie Sansone's 3-mile Walk Away The Pounds, spot exercises, plus a restriction on junk food. In January I already lost a half-inch on my thighs, hip and waist and chest (each) and one-quarter inches on my arms. I know I can do better and hopefully being in this group will push me further! :clap

Here are my stats:

Height: 5' 5.5"

Weight: 127.0 lbs

Arm: 10.25"

Chest: 34.00"

Natural Waist: 36" (well, it's 35 and 7/8 but I'm not doing math on that!)

*Low Waist: 38"

Hip: 38.5"

Upper Thigh: 21.5"

*Not sure if we're counting this, but I measured in case we will.

Kerry, I just want to say you look absolutely great! Congratulations, and also sounds like you have a good routine going. I'll use it as inspiration for mine.... :icon_smil

Tiffany, what a cute pic! You look adorable!

Clairey, congrats on joining up with us! :clap I'm looking forward to getting to know you better, too.

Kerry, woo hoo! Looking good. You have an awesome routine already established and that's fantastic! This challenge is exactly what i've been needing. I can't wait to get started!

I don't have anyone here to help me take pics so i'll post my measurements and pics tonight. I'm kinda nervous.

Back