The Official Fitness Challenge Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww hun! Sorry to hear that! I am expecting wicked cramps Monday, so expect me to NOT be working out that day! :icon_eek:

I still haven't done my measurements or taken pictures! I promise to have it done before Saturday. Since that is the official start day now, it's okay, right?

I also have not joined a fitness center yet. I'm kinda torn between 2 at the moment. :icon_conf

I use this to track my exercise and food, there are versions for pocket PC, PC and Palm. The food database is awesome (even has BK and frozen entrees). You enter your stats, what your goal is and the finish date and it will caculate your max daily calories.

http://www.keyoe.com/

The only problem is that it gets tedious entering everything after awhile but it's that way with a paper journal. If you're serious enough to spend $20, I recommend it.

Edit: I'm going to the gym after I finish the dishes, I'll post how I did.

Oh ya! There's 2 days a month I don't ever go to the gym :icon_lol: So I think 20min + weights is darn good. Great job!

Tonya, that looks like a cool system! I should check it out. Wonder if it tracks nutrition and fiber along w/ calories?

Edited: yes! It does track calories, carbs, protein, fiber, fat and saturated fat. Cool!

My husband showed up just after I posted that I was going to the gym and announced he wanted to go shopping. Luckily I convinced him he needed a nap and I made it to the gym LOL

60 min of Cardio (treadmill)

Weights: Chest press, Lunges (I hate hate hate these)

Abs: Lower body crunches

Stretching

Now I've got to shower and wake up sleepy head so he can take me out for a big fat steak or burger LOL Working out makes me hungry :icon_razz

That was a close call w/ the hubby Tonya!!

Great workout! I totally now what you mean re needing a big meal, I always go thru that too when I work out, way I figure it ..... it is well deserved !!!

LOL! Great deflection job Agent Tonya! :clap:clap:clap And I HATE lunges too...with a murderous passion! I will rather do ab work literally all day long rather than lunges for 15 minutes... :icon_conf

Ditto me for tomorrow! It will make the first few days of this difficult - but I am determined! Will have my measurements up by Sat too, and have my first workout in a long time.....

I am using today as the last day for treats so sitting having a hot chocolate and a bagel for breaksfast! :icon_chee

I'm on a roll!! I've hit the gym everyday this week and did interval training for 30 minutes on the treadmill and the elliptcal (though not on the same days) 2 of the days. 2 days of weight lifting. Today is another weight lifting day...and although I am still kinda sore from the other days, I'm working my legs today and I know that I'm gonna be extra sore. Tomorrow will be my last cardio day and then Sunday will be my day of rest.

*happy dance* I'm so happy that I went the whole week!! Yeah!!!

Oh...I'll post pics on Saturday. I mean, I've already been working out for a week, but it won't off-set the measurements and such that much... *cringe* LOL

VG - you're having a great week! :clap

Tonya - Excellent motivation! I know I would've ducked out and gone shopping instead. Well, unless it's the grocery store 'cause I hate going there...rrrr...about as much as doing lunges. he he

Last night was so much better! I had all my energy back and did my 3-mile tape full force, plus did about 15 minutes of Tae-bo, focusing on arms and back. Then stretches, some were with my cats who were figure-eighting around my legs saying "mommy's done! mommy's done! let's plaaaay!" :icon_lol: Seriously, they know when I'm done exercising and come running when the floor pounding is over!

I'm putting it off today :icon_roll My arse hurts (stupid lunges) but I need to go because I can't go tomorrow. My indigo jeans were starting to feel a little tight last night, I really need to get to work on this.

UPDATE: My Fitness Centre is closed, looks like they had a bit of a flood! No workout for me today.

hehe I had to post something to see the last 4 posts on the thread! :icon_conf

Ohh, no no no...lol! *grabbing Lina by the arm and guiding her back into the fold*

No one is asking Group 2 gals to get crazy like us. VG is going all out, but the whole point of this challenge is to lose weight, encourage others to reach their goals and to be healthier. Heck, I don't see myself winning Group 1 but I signed on to enjoy everyone's company and to keep the spirit high! :clap

I tell you what, set your goal this weekend. If you meet your goal at the end of the challenge (don't worry about who'll win Group 2), I promise to send you a really nice RAOK. New stuff.

Deal??

Edited to add: I re-read what I wrote and I really came off wrong. What I was trying to say is that it's still very early in the challenge and the ones who are already active are making this challenge seem harder than it has to be. And I really shouldn't have singled you out or assumed why you would want to drop the challenge. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm sorry, Lina! Please forgive me. Pretty pleeease? With Splenda on top?

Why are you jumping ship???

I hope it's nothing I said. I used to be extremely fit and used to work-out 6 days a week. It is not about me trying to "win" this contest per se, but after a full year of depression and what not, I've put on 35 pounds...this "challenge" is just what I needed to get off of my butt!

That's all it should be. You are not competing against me and I am not competing against you. This is all about giving you some incentive to push yourself to be healthier and more fit. That's all. No one here is competing...just remember that...it's not a competition but an inspiration.

Please don't give up.

Back