The Official Fitness Challenge Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, ok. So I guess it's a problem with the server.

TOo bad I cannto upload the files on MUT since they are .xls format. I'll think of a solution. Hold on...

I was planning on waking up early to go to the gym but I took a sleeping pill last night and was too zombied out this morning. I'm just now up and about and having my green protein mixed with some strawberry yogurt. It's kinda...no, it's really icky this way. Normally I mix it in water and guzzle it down.

VG, where can I buy that cytovol you mentioned? I was in GNC last night looking for it and when I asked the guy he looked at me all weird like. He said the only thing they had that started cyto something was Cytomax which is a protein supplement. I didn't buy anything because I already have protein powder.

Okay, i'm off to the gym!

Later!

I had a really lazy weekend since my husband was getting ready to leave. I'm on track today but I did wake up late. Now I'm behind schedule so I'd better get going!

Don't be too hard on yourselves! It's hard to get started and to find the right balance of food and exercise that works for you. Just don't give up, keep trying! :clap

I checked the GNC website and they don't have it on there. If you have a gym close to you with supplements, call them and ask if they have it.

It's by EAS. Here is a link for a website that sells it: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/eas/cytovolhp.html

I've never ordered from them, but you can do a search and find a lower price online...or at least know what it looks like and go looking for it at the stores.

HTH...let me know if you need anything else. If worse comes to worse and you can't get it anywhere, let me know and we can do a CP. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

:icon_frow Well I'm screwed, my fitness center is totally closed "until further notice" because of some plumbing leaks. I'm not sure what to do, I might have to find the VCR and pull out some pilates tapes or something :icon_cry:

I went jogging this morning at 6.30 am which was quite an achievement.

I had the best intention to go to the gym this evening but I am suddenly feeling very sleepy. I guess I'll go tomorrow.

Tonya how terrible, sorry to hear about the gym.

Hi Lynn, welcome aboard!

ok, here are my "before" pics. I threw in a butt shot too ...

so I can see a change hopefully - I'd like to see a rounder

bootie by the time we're doing "after" shots.

deleted photos: dunno what happened, new pics showed up from

the gallery, NOT what I uploaded, yikes!

Hey ladies sorry for the no posting in a few days, been working and went out of town with a friend. I have been doing my The Firm DVD's at work, but not really paying attention to the eatting thing, I pretty much get to eat when I can at work cause i hate to drive anywhere special, I am planning on making it a point to bring my luch to work for now on. Other then the food I am doing great, a bit sore but that is a good thing. Hopefully the soreness goes away and the entergy boost up. I have been a bit sleepy after workouts and for the rest of the day afterwards. I think my eatting may have something to do with that, lol

Anywho I am on the path of going to take a shower and getting some rest, I have to be up early in the morning. :0)

becka you look good! you dont need to lose any weight.. but of coarse you know how us girls are.. we gatta be perfect!:icon_love

Charmosa, Jenny, thanks for the compliments gals :icon_love

Tiffany, yes, where have you been, crikey we need your support here! just joking ... we totally understand. Nice work on packing a lunch. I figure when you pack a lunch its better for you, easier to take fruit and vegies and a sandwich etc., but if u eat out i doubt you'll buy a banana and an apple ...

So gals I went to spin class last night. Ok the teacher is evil. yep and i think she is trying to slowly kill the class. Other than that I am really sore today but less than I have been on other days so its a start. And I have more energy now too which I'm happy about.

I did have a bit of troubles w/ the spinning tho. I stretched for 20 min before the class but still had problems, its my quads, they don't get loosened up until a long way into the class, so until then I find it excrutiating and almost impossible to do "the climb". Obviously I'm not stretching out the quads enough but I have no idea what else I can do? Do you gals have any idea on advice on some good stretches, and links to websites w/ photos or anything?

What you are experiencing is completely normal. You will ALWAYS have that "stiffness" in the quads (or any other muscles you are working on). What happens is that stretching lengthens the muscles and pulls the "tightness" out of it. However, truly warming up a muscle means getting a high rate of blood flow into the muscles. You won't do that with stretching. BTW...it is very important that you are NOT doing stretching on cold muscles. Before you do any kind of stretching, you need to "warm" up the muscles by jumping on a cardio machine for about 5 minutes and get your blood flowing. Then, stretch. I guess a good analogy of stretching "cold" muscles would be the rubber band. Put a rubber band in the fridge for a few hours and then take it out and stretch it immediately...it weakens it. If you vigorously rub the rubberband in your hands until it is warm and then stretch it, it doesn't weaken it.

The other reason for the tightness is that you are utilizing TOO much of your quads. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I know, I know...however, when we are doing any kind of cycling, the majority of us tend to utilize our quad muscles to do all of the peddling. The next time you go to your spinning class, really focus on utilizing MORE of your hamstring muscles as you are pushing down on the peddle and your quads to pull the peddle up. If you are using the hamstrings right, you will feel your glutes tighten up (they're all attached). You'll also notice that your quads don't feel "overloaded".

HTH.

Well I finally got a workout in last night! I did 30mins cardio (treadmill + cross-trainer) and 30mins weight training. It was a horrible dark rainy windy evening, so was hard to motivate myself to go, but was so glad I did! Felt good afterwards.

VG, this post is extremely helpful to me, thank you so much! The rubber band analogy is a great one, I had no idea I should warm up even a bit before stretching. I will try this very soon and working on trying to use the hamstrings more. I'll keep you gals posted!

I'd really like to get on the exercise bike a bit before Sat's yoga class but I'm not sure it would be a good idea. Body's still sore and it may be overload. I'll see how it goes, day by day here.

All in all I am feeling good tho !! I've inspired the BF, he says he's starting back to working out tomorrow! He hasn't worked out in a few mos. but when he does get into it he goes for like a year, 2 hours a day, almost every day, no joke! It will be good to inspire each other, I don't like asking him for workout advice tho we're sort of different ends of the spectrum. ie. he cranks serious iron and I need cardio ... and if i want to do weights at home or the all in machine i have to get him to take all the weights off coz they're heavier than me!

That's excellent Clairey! And, you're doing a bit of both .. I haven't been able to manage putting weights into my routine yet " ). Soon tho!

Latest posts

Back