The Official Fitness Challenge Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent Lynn! Let us know how u feel after the run!

Yep, post inches like we've all done, and a before pic if you want " )

whoever came up w/ the before and after pic had a great idea, i'm really interested to see whether there's for me at change at the end of all this

"Aunt Flo" is visiting so i'm feeling kinda blah. I haven't been to the gym in a few days and really need to get back soon.

Hey, Lynn.

I still need you height, weight and arm and thigh measurements so that I can put them in the Excel table.

Btw, which group are you in?

Is it too late or can I join too? I would be definitely Group 2. My last (3rd) baby was a c-section and let's just say those belly muscles have NEVER been the same.

Not to meantion lately I've been really lazy when it comes to workouts. In high school I was in track, gymnastics, cheerleading....and sooooo petite, but you would NEVER know it now. Man have I neglected my body lately.

I could sooooo use this challenge, if I can still join (if it's ok, then I will do measurements tomorrow).

I don’t see why not Kelly, post measurements and a before pic asap LOL

Could all you gals in the fitness challenge check in - I think we should probably finalize two details.

1. How much $ are we contributing? I’m in group 2 and I say $10 is fine w/ me. Group 1 may want to do $20 just coz there’s less people, I dunno.

2. Do we leave open the option for new people at any time, or do we consider the cut off to have happened as of now? My view is to cut it off now and have Leila change the first post at the very top to reflect something like entry’s closed. I really hate to go with a “cut-offâ€, but I just think that opens up potential for things to get outta control, however that’s only MY view.

We need input from Leila on this too and help from her to figure out what's best.

In the meantime, if you gals could post yer thoughts on both that’d be great, TY

Hi everyone,

I'm in Group 2 as well, and $10 is cool with me. Also, I have to agree on the cut-off, cos we said it was (roughly) an 8-week challenge. It's not really fair to any girls joining up from now on anyway cos they'll be a week behind! If this challenge is a success, I'm sure we can do something similar again.

I'm off to the gym tonight (second time this wk for me), a bit stiff from Tues but I'll be grand I'm sure once I stretch and get going. I want to start Bodypump as well (maybe this weekend). Does anybody here do Bodypump or have any experience of it??

Yeah, we never did come to a total agreement on the cash thing so it's time to do that for sure. I am in group 2 and i'm fine with $10.

Having a cut-off date makes sense to me, too. Nice thoughts, Becka and Claire.

Where's Leila?

Bodypump? What's that? It sounds like something i'd like. :icon_wink

I think a cut-off is good, as well. Not really fair for someone to join 2 weeks after it all started...they would just never catch up.

I'm down for $10-$20...anything in between that is fine, as well.

That's awesome! You should totally do it! I would love to try it but my gym doesn't have anything like that. :icon_frow

Speaking of my gym, i'm planning on going tonight. I have grocery shopping and other boring things that i've been putting off to do first. I'm about to write out my grocery list so i'm gonna make good use of some of these other threads with healthy recipes in them. :icon_bigg

bodypump looks great - I'd love to get to the point of being able to do a class like that!

Claire - two times this week and we're only at thurs, you go girl!

My next w/out will be Saturday ... two times total this week is better than the "zero" workouts that were happening before!! I really hate to admit this but I'm still a little sore from Monday! minor soreness but geez I'm weak!! LOL

I dunno where Leila is, I'll PM her

Sorry guys, I am here! I have been sick for the weekend with a cold and having "Auntie Flo" visit as well (that biotch!)... Keeping up with classes has been a hassle, so I have been trying to keep up here on MuT.

Should be fine from here on out. I have modified the original post saying that we are now closed, and I also extended the finish date as Sanya said to being 8 weeks exactly.

For the money pot I am fine with $10-20 for Group 1, whatever the rest of you decide.

I might have missed someone, but are there still only 4 people including myself in Group 1?

GAAAHHH! I haven't even submitted my stats! I SUCK!

Here they are:

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 127 lbs (eeks)

Chest: 35"

Upper Arm: 12.5"

Waist: 27.5"

Hips: 38.5"

Thigh: 22"

Total Inches: 135.5"

Oh boy, so heres my obnoxious measurements....sorry for the dealy.

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 158 lbs (ewe, ewe, ewe, ewe - oh my goodness!!!:icon_eek: )

Chest: 40.5" (with bra on....whoa again)

Upper Arm: 13.5"

Waist: 34.5" (at smallest part of waist...or 36.5" at waist where jeans sit?)

Hips: 42.0"

Thigh: 25.75" (at biggest part of thigh???)

Total Inches: 156.25"

Yuck I hate it in writing.....I need this bad.

I'm ok with $10....if that's what we are doing. I'm gonna do some dance dance revolution tonight....ha ha ha (with my kids).

The waist measurement is at the smallest part of the waist. So the 34.5" is the correct one Kelly.

Good, because even the smallest part of my waist is tooooo big:icon_bigg .

I am sooooo excited for this!

Thanx for the measurements, Leila and Kelly. I added them to the excel table.

You might have noticed that none of the previous links works, but I am working on my own website right now and I promise to upload the two tables soon.

I still need stats from:

Mitsuko

Lina

Melissa

and...

Angel: hight and weight

Lynn: height, weight, arm and thigh

Thanx.

Latest posts

Back