The Official Fitness Challenge Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When are we suppose to post our 2nd set of measurement? Are we doing every week or every 3 weeks?

lol, hell yeah I am! :icon_twis I have been a little freak once I started to feel better... I was going to do some measurements tomorrow and post them up.

I have been going on mountain bike rides outside and running on the sidewalk down our street for cardio (since we don't go to a gym), and doing what I call "my class" of Pilates and Yoga on my floor inside.

I basically do all of the exercises I would do when I taught my class... Usually about an hour's worth, every other day.

Hopefully I have already lost a little...I have to admit, I don't FEEL littler...:icon_roll

It is really up to you. I would prefer it every week or 2 weeks tops, even if you don't FEEL like you lost anything.

My gym is up and running again so I've been doing my thing. I punched my goal into my palm pilot progam and am following the calorie recommendation to lose 7lbs by April 4th. I'm also tracking everything I eat in there, it's so handy.

The rumor is... 2 girls and a guy, teens, were doing it in the men's shower and they were in there so long they flooded the whole place. How gross is that? One of the cleaning staff told me that yesterday, she was pretty upset because she's the one who had to clean up all the condoms, poor woman.

I want to order a couple of DVD's for home and a heart rate monitor.

I won't be posting any new measurements until March 4th or there abouts.

Stick with it everyone!!! :clap

I've been doing pretty good. I only missed one day last week, but I got my cardio in *other* ways...ahem. :icon_wink :icon_redf

I'll post my measurements on Friday. I don't think I lost much...but I usually don't really start losing until the 4th week or so. Then it all just seems to melt off.

I think if I can make it to consistently working out every day (except Sundays) for 30 full days...I'll be back on track. I just always seem to get to the 3rd week and then it's a downward spiral from there...so I'm gonna need lots of support for the upcoming weeks!!!!

YAY that your gym is back open, but EWWW at those nasty teens!! :icon_conf:icon_conf:icon_conf

I really really really don't feel like working out today, even though I'm supposed to. I have alot of housework to do and I just want to get it over with.

But.... if I don't go I will just feel guilty all night. You just can't win.:icon_roll

geez if only we could lose weight by just "thinking" about exercising! I haven't worked out either. I will be skipping yoga on saturday morning too because I'm going out partying tomorrow night. This is getting tough.

oh i'm still in, just took a week break. I think I'm going to hit the exercise bikes next week, or even Sunday morning if I have time. Its unfortunate but I really don't think I can handle that spin class. It is way too advanced for me, there's a bunch of police women in the class for goodness sake and they can't even keep up. It is doing me more harm than good so I'm going to stick only with what I can do.

I'm still in it, though I'm only putting in about 90% effort :icon_roll

I've already cheated, foodwise, twice (Goldfish one day, Sour Punch Straws another) and my diet week doesn't end until Sunday!

I can't wait for my DVD's to get here, I am so stiff from the treadmill, I need some stretching work. Everytime I get on an excercise kick it just reminds me that I'm not as young as I used to be LOL

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!!!

Spinning classes CAN be rather intense if you are not used to the workout... It took me a good month before I could keep up and really dial up the resistance hardcore!

Hit the bike on your own, try to really push yourself, and maybe try the spinning class once a week in a week or two... Your body should be conditioned a little better for it by then...

Well I guess I'm dropping out. I've been working out alot and trying to watch what I eat but my weight and body fat are still rising. I'm not giving up on a personal level but I don't want to report how I'm doing to anyone else, it's just discouraging. I knew this would happen when I stopped smoking but it doesn't make it any less upsetting.

Don't give up...especially after you quit smoking, your body goes through a readjustment period. Just keep going. I am sorry that you are feeling upset, though...drink some nice cold water and take a nice hot bath. That always helps me to relax.

I just wanted to jump in and say I'm still in.....been kinda lazy, but I'm still in and I think about it every day.....man I bet just thinking about it has lost me 10 inches. LOL

I'm gonna try to post measurements today to update mine.

Hope everyone is doing great!

I haven't heard from you guys for a few days...How is everyone doing?

I have new measurements myself...

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 123 lbs (eeks)

Chest: 34.5"

Upper Arm: 12"

Waist: 26"

Hips: 38"

Thigh: 21"

Total Starting Inches: 135.5"

Total Current Inches: 131.5"

Total Inches Lost: 4"

WHOOPIE! I feel fantastic! I made the point NOT to get on scales and measure myself, and now I feel pretty good! Granted 4" isn't a whole lot, but it is something!

I was bad today though... I made a Strawberry Bundt Cake with brown sugar/vanilla glaze on it and had some with Vanilla Ice Cream! But Rob bought the cake for our 2 yr Anniversary so I HAD to make it!!

Latest posts

Back