The Official Fitness Challenge Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks hon....yep been hittin the chocolate lately (that would explain my waist not budging....he he he). Lisa hope your stress is going down, mine seems to be lessening a little.

Thanks also Leila....I will definitely let you know if I need someone to cry on....he he he. Actually if someone could just take my oldest child for me and help her pass her classes and pay attention in school....then send her back when things start to improve. Just kidding, we've been working hard lately and grades are coming back up....but man, I don't know who's going to school now, me or her....brushing up on alot of my past schooling (and they seem to do things so differently now, that's whats hard about it).

Thanks also clairey....you guys are so great!

Thanks babycakes......oh and I guess if I stopped eating like a pig, things would work better for me.....

How is everyone else doing?

How is everyone doing? The end is coming near. I'm gonna do alot of walking this weekend, if it's nice. And maybe some extra tummy things or something.....more of my stretches, I love stretching....am I weird?

Just wondering how everyone else is fairing lately?

I'm going to PM the other members participating in the Fitness Challenge if they don't reply by midnight... Just to make sure who we still have hanging in here with us!

Yep today is the last day and ummmmm I WIN....cuz I'm the first to post my results......ya me:clap (just kidding guys).

No but seriously, here are my results:

My starting measurements 2/9/06:

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 158 lbs

Chest: 40.5"

Upper Arm: 13.5"

Waist: 34.5"

Hips: 42.0"

Thigh: 25.75"

Total Inches: 156.25"

Final measurements (today 4/4/06):

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 156 lbs

Chest: 39.25"

Upper Arm: 13.25"

Waist: 32.75"

Hips: 40.75"

Thigh: 22.5"

Total Inches: 148.5"

Total Inches Lost: -7.75"

Couldn't imagine what my measurements would be if I wasn't on my stupid period right now.....water weight and bloating......good thing I walked and walked and walked and walked some more. My mother got me to walking 3 miles with her 3 times a week the last couple weeks. And now I'm walking in the morning (early) with my oldest daughter (not 3 miles with her though, more like 2...wow I just figured it out, we actually walk 2 miles...huh). And now that it's nice out my 3 year old has me running around in the yard with her and we go for wagon walks and....yep yesterday we were outside running a playing for like 4-5 hours….she keeps me on my toes.

Yep spring is here. I always seem so much more active during spring, summer and fall.....cuz I can get outside. Winter is sooooo blah, cuz I'm a freeze baby and would rather get out and get active when its warmer, than sit in the house and try to exercise (I'm not good and sticking to exercise in the winter).

Do you ever get on the scale and just get happy to see it actually go DOWN....yep really peps up my day!

So how did everyone else do?

Great job, Kelly!! :clap

I just started working out again this weekend and hopefully i'll stick to it. I'm usually better about working out when the weather is warm since i'll be wearing skimpier clothes. hehe

I still intend on sending my cash to the winner!!

That's exactly me too. When it nice out and clothes are not so "covering"....I tend to lose weight or work out and watch what I eat better. It's weird too, cuz in the nice weather (summer timeish) I crave healthier foods.

I'm gonna keep up the walking, cuz I used to walk before and it's amazing how just walking can do so much for a person.

Ya for you too! :clap It's hard to get started, but once you start and do it a few times, it feels good.

Me too:satisfied: . Wonder if there is even anyone left or if they all skipped town on a big makeup haul vacation?

Kelly, you totally deserve a round of applause here for doing so well and sticking to the challenge, you really did well and its great to see that you're going to continue working out

I'm blubbing out, that's all there is to it, trying to keep it under control but not doing near enough to write home about. I have gained weight the last 2 mos. actually and it is so depressing.

I'm ready to pay the winner too, once we find out who it is " )

February 1, 2006

Overall BF% - 30.2

Bust - 40"

Ribcage - 38"

Waist - 34"

Hips - 41"

Thigh - 24"

Arm - 14"

Weight: 165

March 3, 2006

Overall BF% - 27.4%

Bust - 38"

Ribcage - 37"

Waist - 32"

Hips - 39.5"

Thigh - 22.75"

Arm - 13.25"

Weight: 156

(I amended my total inches and weight lost to 5 lbs. and 7 inches...I had a miscarriage that accounted for some of the weight/inches and didn't think to take that into account when I did the measurements).

April 4, 2006

Overall BF% - 25.2%

Bust - 38"

Ribcage - 35.75"

Waist - 31.25"

Hips - 38.5"

Thigh - 22.25"

Arm - 13.0"

Weight - 150

Total Inches lost - 6.2 inches and 6 pounds.

Total overall - 13.2 inches and 11 pounds.

This is as accurate as I can get. I'm preggers again and so the boobs are already HUGE...LOL. At least the bigger boobs makes my waist look a little smaller. haa haa

Congrats to everyone who has completed the workout. I know I, for one, am even more motivated now that I'm preggers because I'm expecting a marathon in December. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks sweetie. I'm definitely nothing to write home about either, nothing close to swimsuit ready. But then again, I never am. I'd really have to tone up.....I do love the inches that have gone and will CONTINUE with this and measure my inches, not my weight. I LOVE you guys for getting me to do this.:inlove:

Oh and please note, I was not the model participant, I sure had my downs where I'd stuff my face or not work out for long periods or be lazy. Just lately with the nice weather and seeing that the challenge was coming to an end, I decided to get my butt in gear and see if I could accomplish anything.

I love the nice weather times, it really keeps me in check. Couldn't imagine if I lived in a warm climate all year roung if I'd stay more fit or not????? Winter really does me in.

OMG VenusGoddess you rock (sorry don't know your name, usernames sometimes sound a bit impersonal, but never meant that way)! You did so great! Very inspiring. I can't imagine a marathon, I'd probably die.

Big claps and hugs and congrats on your success (and little one in the making)!:clap :icon_love :flowers:

Well, the marathon I was speaking of was childbirth. LOL I was super fit and in shape when I had Makayla, and I think it made my first birthing experience much more "enjoyable" (it's not the word, but it's the closest I can think of right now).

And, thanks for the congrats...I got lazy these past couple of days (my first tri always makes me want to sleep forever). We're also moving this weekend, so there's been lots of packing and cleaning.

I think everyone did well. It's very hard to get started, but a little of something is better than a lot of nothing.

doesn't matter " ) the simple fact that you got up and were out there was great !!! this is MUCH more than what I accomplished

OMG, LMAO. :laughno: I'm such a dork. :wassatt: :wacko: I actually thought you were gonna give birth and then run a marathon a few months later. MAN....duh. I better go dye my hair back blonde.....MAN! But hey, you never know.

Here are my final measurements...

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 115 lbs

Chest: 33.5"

Upper Arm: 10"

Waist: 24.75"

Hips: 35.75"

Thigh: 19"

Total Starting Inches: 135.5"

Total Current Inches: 123"

Total Inches Lost: 12.5"

WOOT! I didn't pay attention to what was going on with my body until I measured! YIPEE! I noticed that my jeans were fitting loose, but I honestly thought they were just bc I don't put them in the dryer... :wassatt:

I'm going to PM the others on the list to post up their results.

Back